Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
I agree that he will spend time in the minors come 2019. I think that will be plenty of time. He will spend 75% of the season in AA this year and finish off in Gwinnett. He may even get a September call-up. But he will start 2019 in AAA and as long as his performance merits along with the reporting from the scouts specifically about his defense and approach at the plate he will get the call sometime in the middle of 2019. With that in mind all acquisitions for third should have that timeline in the decision making process. I agree that Riley is not an uber prospect where you don't try to upgrade at all but that upgrade should be a big one over Camargo (roughly a 2 WAR player). For that reason alone I don't see any way a third baseman is brought in.

LF is where the biggest upgrade will come from and I would expect the Bravse be linked to guys who will command 20+M AAV for that position.
I think one infield upgrade will be needed in 2019. Not necessarily Camargo. I think there is as much of a chance that Swanson does not make the cut as Camargo. If Camargo is a 2 win player and Swanson is not in 2018, I think there could be some musical chairs--Albies to short, Camargo to second and a new third baseman. I do think we will be looking for a couple guys with power next off-season. One for left, and probably one to play third.