Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Dickerson DFA’d

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Forgive me for thinking that analysis isn't a derivative of available information (attaching a monetary amount to expected WAR for prospects). You are not collecting data points and deriving your correlations to wins/losses. You are doing what anyone with a high school statistics education can do but want to pretend like you are an expert. Statistics at the level baseball uses them is rudimentary.
    I encourage you to supply us with some of your own elementary analysis to back up any of your opinions.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,151 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    LOL what? Limited gamble?

Kemp was an unmitigated disaster that the Braves are still suffering from. Everyone knew it at the time.

I’ll go back and grab some of your silly over the top quotes on several players if you really want to be shown how clueless you’ve been over the years.
    You can look at the whole thing as shaving two years off of their obligation to Oliveira in exchange for spending a lot of money in shorter non-contending term.

I don’t think that was quite the purpose though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    I encourage you to supply us with some of your own elementary analysis to back up any of your opinions.
    Let me pull some spreadsheets from fangraphs and pretend like I'm an expert. Give me some time....
    Natural Immunity Croc

4. The Following User Says Thank You to thethe For This Useful Post:

buck75 (02-19-2018)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,128 Posts
    Let me pull some spreadsheets from fangraphs and pretend like I'm an expert. Give me some time....
    Ok, I’ll wait.

Don’t forget to import enough data to generate aging curves and produce year to year correlations.

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,854 Posts
    Kemp was a limited gamble with funds that we had available. The mistake really was Olivera an that has been well covered.

I could do the same thing that everyone else does and use the available metrics and perform analysis using proven methods of statistics. I learned all this stuff many years ago. Its not groundbreaking nor is it higher level mathematics/analysis. I choose to be a fan because that is what I am.

I made the big mistake when I was younger of pimping up Francouer but afterwards my track record is not as bad as you like to portray. I was right about Gattis and yet nobody said a word afterwards. I was right about medlen and he went down with an injury. I'd love to know which player recently that I was super high on that I have missed out badly on.
    Kemp was a mistake in order to try and once again contend before the Braves were really supposed to. It was a mistake that the Braves made over and over again. Thankfully AA has finally put an end to it.

You hype players beyond belief all the time beyond reasonable expectations. I am somewhat in agreement with you on Camargo for example because I like his defense and he has a chance to develop into an average player/super utility guy. But you do this for every player the Braves get. You hyped Jace after a half season and deemed the Upton trade a success because Jace was going to be a 2 WAR player for 6 years. You take small samples and deem them absolute.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to thewupk For This Useful Post:

Braves1976 (02-19-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post
    Kemp was a mistake in order to try and once again contend before the Braves were really supposed to. It was a mistake that the Braves made over and over again. Thankfully AA has finally put an end to it.

You hype players beyond belief all the time beyond reasonable expectations. I am somewhat in agreement with you on Camargo for example because I like his defense and he has a chance to develop into an average player/super utility guy. But you do this for every player the Braves get. You hyped Jace after a half season and deemed the Upton trade a success because Jace was going to be a 2 WAR player for 6 years. You take small samples and deem them absolute.
    Jace I definitely missed on. Can't argue with that at all. But again, please provide me with additional examples. I get I have the reputation of being an uber optimist and I deserve it but after Francouer there weren't these big misses that you like to rib me for.
    Natural Immunity Croc

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,128 Posts
    So, Jace is pretty good huh?

Incredible that on his own we will probably get more value from Peterson for his 6 years than what Upton would have given us this year. Best part is he might be the worst piece given in the deal. YAY HART!
    Jace has a career fWAR of exactly 0. JUp produced 3.5 wins for SD that year.

Do you really want me to go find more examples to show how silly your projections have been?

Nobody else needs any more proof haha.
    Last edited by Enscheff; 02-19-2018 at 03:26 PM.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,128 Posts
    Markakis is going to be a good Brave for the life of the contract.
    The Braves can’t even give Markakis away now.

I think he (Williams Perez) has a chance to be a solid 5.
    He has a career WAR of 0.

Shall I go on?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts

Shall I go on?
    Considering I still believe that Markakis is a valuable player I don't think that is wrong.

'Chance' to be a 5. Wow - How wrong did I get that.

Keep going sir.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Jace has a career fWAR of exactly 0. JUp produced 3.5 wins for SD that year.

Do you really want me to go find more examples to show how silly your projections have been?

Nobody else needs any more proof haha.
    So that didn't end up to be crazy wrong considering Upton only had a 1.3 WAR for 2016. But please keep going....

Edit: Wrong year. That was bad.
    Last edited by thethe; 02-19-2018 at 03:42 PM.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,854 Posts
    Jace I definitely missed on. Can't argue with that at all. But again, please provide me with additional examples. I get I have the reputation of being an uber optimist and I deserve it but after Francouer there weren't these big misses that you like to rib me for.
    I don't really have the time for an exercise like that. I'm just glad you've moved on to using WAR as a basis for player evaluation. Small steps.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    i must admit i don't understand why some get so upset at fans being perhaps overly-positive about their team and its players. it seems to bother some far more than it should. this is the internet, it's harmless, it's fun and games.
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,362 Posts

Shall I go on?
    why? I don't think anyone cares really. Thethe is the ying to the yang for this community. Why does anyone care what he said in the past.
    Coppy

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    487 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    i must admit i don't understand why some get so upset at fans being perhaps overly-positive about their team and its players. it seems to bother some far more than it should. this is the internet, it's harmless, it's fun and games.
    Don't you know... Every thread has to evolve into a personal pi$$ing match with Enscheff trying to show how stupid someone else is. Of course he has a few favorite targets... like anyone who dares to be optimistic.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,128 Posts
    Considering I still believe that Markakis is a valuable player I don't think that is wrong.

'Chance' to be a 5. Wow - How wrong did I get that.

Keep going sir.
    The point is you project everyone to reach their top 5th percentile outcome. Perez’s Top 5th percentile outcome was a #5, so that’s what you pegged him as in a jubilant post.

Make 20 such projections, and math dictates you’ll be right once.

Here’s your latest round of silly predictions:

Fried ermergs as a potential TOR canddiate 11/3/2017

He (Allard) will be top 20 by the ed of next season 2/5/2018

sentiment will change quickly this season....Newcomb will be providing his prime performance 2/7/2018

For the next 5 years I think 15 WAR is a decent baseline to put out there. If he obtains that we should all be happy. I happen to believe that Newk has elite level stuff and it won't be a consistent leveled production. I could see him languishing at around 2 WAR for the next year or two and then make a big jump in 2020 to 5+ 2/8/2018

Altuve is a reasonable comp for Albies 2/8/2018

(Because of Pache) We will be shopping ender in the next year 2/11/2018

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    The point is you project everyone to reach their top 5th percentile outcome. Perez’s Top 5th percentile outcome was a #5, so that’s what you pegged him as in a jubilant post.

Make 20 such projections, and math dictates you’ll be right once.

Here’s your latest round of silly predictions:

Fried ermergs as a potential TOR canddiate 11/3/2017

He (Allard) will be top 20 by the ed of next season 2/5/2018

sentiment will change quickly this season....Newcomb will be providing his prime performance 2/7/2018

For the next 5 years I think 15 WAR is a decent baseline to put out there. If he obtains that we should all be happy. I happen to believe that Newk has elite level stuff and it won't be a consistent leveled production. I could see him languishing at around 2 WAR for the next year or two and then make a big jump in 2020 to 5+ 2/8/2018

Altuve is a reasonable comp for Albies 2/8/2018

(Because of Pache) We will be shopping ender in the next year 2/11/2018
    I 'pegged' him for that by saying he has a chance. WOW.

This is no fair. I was promised an extensive list of failed predictions. I feel robbed.
    Natural Immunity Croc

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,128 Posts
    This is no fair. I was promised an extensive list of failed predictions. I feel robbed.
    Want me to round up a few of those posts you make where you list out 10 pitching prospects so you can drool over how impressive they are? Then we can count up how many guys on those lists you make busted?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Want me to round up a few of those posts you make where you list out 10 pitching prospects so you can drool over how impressive they are? Then we can count up how many guys on those lists you make busted?
    Sure - track those down. however, I'm expecting specific over the top homeristic predictions that I got terribly wrong since that is the claim that you are making. If you could also please link to that post for my review I'd appreciate that.
    Natural Immunity Croc

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,128 Posts
    Shocking that people can't see the impact that Kemp has on this lineup. Just need Inciarte and Swanson to get going and we are going to win 80-85 games.
    Shocking indeed.

Here’s one I could find quickly:

Braves could go into next season with a legitimate 8 starting pitchers:

Teheran
    Wood
    Miller
    Folty
    Perez
    Wisler
    Banuelos
    Jenkins

And they may even sign a pitcher in the offseason as well so that they can trade from their stable. So if you want the Cubs way then it looks like the Braves are on that path now.
    8 legit pitchers! On the same path as the Cubs!

When I get some I’ll find more if anyone else wants a chuckle.

Want to see your comments about Kemp and MAdams?
    Last edited by Enscheff; 02-19-2018 at 04:47 PM.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    thethe and I swaured off many times on Kemp... and most of the trades Coppy made... i generally hated them, and thethe generally loved them

23. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

Braves1976 (02-19-2018)