Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Anytime Now Frankie... tululush's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    180 Posts

Video of Kimbrel

What is Kimbrel saying? What is Eddie Perez saying?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tululush View Post
    http://<iframe width="640" height="3...reen></iframe>

What is Kimbrel saying? What is Eddie Perez saying?

I answered this in the gamethread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    180 Posts
    I read the gdt but couldn't find it. Could you please elaborate? If you don't want to type it out just cut and paste. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalyn View Post
    I answered this in the gamethread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tululush View Post
    I read the gdt but couldn't find it. Could you please elaborate? If you don't want to type it out just cut and paste. Thanks.
    - Did anyone read Kimbrel's lips?

(To Eddie) "No. I am mad because I told him to put me in if we had the lead in the 8th."

He was pissed. Shaking his head and just ****ing fuming. -

Best I could tell, Eddie then said, "Nah, he wasn't going to do it."

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dalyn For This Useful Post:

MURF21 (10-08-2013)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalyn View Post
    - Did anyone read Kimbrel's lips?

(To Eddie) "No. I am mad because I told him to put me in if we had the lead in the 8th."

He was pissed. Shaking his head and just ****ing fuming. -

Best I could tell, Eddie then said, "Nah, he wasn't going to do it."
    But I think he actually said 'give me the ball' instead of 'put me in.'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    180 Posts
    Thanks.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to tululush For This Useful Post:

Mrs. Meta (10-08-2013)

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,762 Posts
    You don't have to embed, just hyperlink the url address and it will automatically embed.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,524 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    Gamer because he throws his coach under the bus on national TV? I call it immature and disrespectful to his coach and to his teammate. He should feel worse today than Carpenter or Fredi.
    Now wait a second. Kimbrel had no way of knowing the camera was on him at that point in time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,741 Posts
    Fredi deserved to get thrown under the bus. Then run over, then backed up over, then run over again. How would you feel if you put a 1 ERA all season, you tell the manager you can get 6 outs for him and then the manager ignores him and it blows up in his face. Kimbrel got to pitch 1 inning in 1 game. I dont blame him for being pissed. When your an all star and the best closer in the game you expect to pitch more than once in 4 playoff games. Rivera doesnt pitch 2 full innings very much during the regular season but he has 27 times in the playoffs. Thats probably why they won championships. They know a good thing when they see it and they ride it till the wheels fall off. Elite closers dont make their money in the regular season, they earn their money in the playoffs. If your not going to ride that horse then trade him to fill other holes on the team and make due with an average closer. Kimbrel may as well have just bought a ticket and watched the game from the stands this series.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to cajunrevenge For This Useful Post:

bravesnumberone (10-09-2013), Dalyn (10-09-2013), Dvdrulez (10-10-2013), Pugfan (10-11-2013), Teheran_49 (10-09-2013), thethe (10-09-2013), TXBravesFan (10-09-2013)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    Fredi deserved to get thrown under the bus. Then run over, then backed up over, then run over again. How would you feel if you put a 1 ERA all season, you tell the manager you can get 6 outs for him and then the manager ignores him and it blows up in his face. Kimbrel got to pitch 1 inning in 1 game. I dont blame him for being pissed. When your an all star and the best closer in the game you expect to pitch more than once in 4 playoff games. Rivera doesnt pitch 2 full innings very much during the regular season but he has 27 times in the playoffs. Thats probably why they won championships. They know a good thing when they see it and they ride it till the wheels fall off. Elite closers dont make their money in the regular season, they earn their money in the playoffs. If your not going to ride that horse then trade him to fill other holes on the team and make due with an average closer. Kimbrel may as well have just bought a ticket and watched the game from the stands this series.
    This. Freddi is awful.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    180 Posts
    Double agree. I wish someone would take the stat about Rivera and tell Fredi. Then follow it up with what Cajun wrote. Seriously, Fredi needs to know this. I don't always thing armchair managers should be taken seriously, but in this instance, and with our manager, this needs to be brought to his attention. It is spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    This. Freddi is awful.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    Yup, our best reliever by far got used for 1.1 innings this post-season. smrtbaseball fredi! He is a terrible manager.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    Exactly. Even a little league coach would have put Craig in. This wasn't the only blunder Fedi G had in that series. ESPn even had an article of how poor his managing skills were in the series and that was before this BS.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Teheran_49 For This Useful Post:

Dalyn (10-10-2013), jason27nc (10-18-2013)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChapelHillMatt View Post
    Who gets to decide if it's a stupid decision or not? You think Fredi is trying to purposely put his team at a disadvantage or is it possible he had reasons why he chose to start Garcia instead of Medlen? Could it be he felt Medlen wouldn't be effective on short rest? FWIW, I disagreed with the decision to go with Garcia in a must win game as well but since it worked I'm willing to give him credit for the move instead of claiming I know more than he does.
    If the skins signed Tebow and benched Griffin and they won this Sunday, would you say it was a smart move?

Not Actually Brian Hunter Metaphysicist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    878 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yeezus View Post
    Carpenter also allowed a homer to Hanley to make it 4-3 in game 2. So, it's not like he had been lights-out. It was risky throwing a rookie RP who had already allowed a bomb this series in right there, and we paid for it. Maybe Fredi will learn, but probably not.
    Carpenter isn't a rookie.

Quote Originally Posted by holden View Post
    Just wanted to post that in the 2010 NLDS Game 2, when Kimbrel pitched two perfect innings, he struck out 4 Giants batters. One of them was Juan Uribe.
    And then the very next game he couldn't make it through even one inning, got pulled, and then the game fell apart in one of the most crushing games I've ever personally attended. Granted, the circumstances are not the exact same, and I probably woulda used Kimbrel here, but rightly or wrongly that risk was likely weighing on Fredi's mind, knowing that he'd probably need him for both games.

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Metaphysicist View Post
    And then the very next game he couldn't make it through even one inning, got pulled, and then the game fell apart in one of the most crushing games I've ever personally attended. Granted, the circumstances are not the exact same, and I probably woulda used Kimbrel here, but rightly or wrongly that risk was likely weighing on Fredi's mind, knowing that he'd probably need him for both games.
    even if that example was on his mind

that is dumb to not use him since you have to have the first one to even think about maybe using him for the 2nd one

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Carpenter isn't a rookie.

We did have a travel day between games though. So Kimbrel would have gotten rest.

Not Actually Brian Hunter Metaphysicist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    878 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    We did have a travel day between games though. So Kimbrel would have gotten rest.
    Which was the same as the situation I referenced.

I don't really care enough to actually defend Fredi here; just trying to get a handle on his thought process.

Spring Training Invitee
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts
    Of course, you can just as well argue that Bobby Cox overmanaged that situation, unnecessarily pulled Kimbrel with 2 outs and 2 runners on base, and brought in lesser pitchers who proceeded to give the game away.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,762 Posts
    Kimbrel when he's not on, starts walking guys and tries to over throw. I think we've all seen it often, and we all saw it on Game 2 (thankfully Simmons saved the day with the tag).

Rivera doesn't rely on overpowering stuff, he wants to get you out as quickly as possible. Kimbrel has stated many times he'd rather have a 5 pitch inning than striking out the side. Problem is, he hasn't learned yet how to do it regularly. I think one of his problems is, he throws so hard that guys can't make contact and end up swinging and whiffing on the first or second pitch. Or his stuff is so overpowering that guys will take pitches instead of trying to hack. With Rivera it's different, guys know they're going to get a pitch and where it's going, and they can't make good contact.

As against the grain as it sounds, I think Kimbrel would be better off throwing 94-95 but getting guys to pop up or flyout, than trying to throw 98-100 every time and getting them to swing and miss. All the effort he uses to try and strike out guys, is why he can't realistically go 2 full innings. Sure his sexy numbers like his WHIP and K/9 ratio won't be historically groundbreaking anymore, but I want Kimbrel to last forever and at the rate he's going he's going to have TJ soon. Rivera to my knowledge has never had tommy john, and he's been about as durable as you can get sans that freak injury.

Anybody remember when Brad Penny started the All-Star game a few years ago? He was clocking 99-100 mph in the first two-three innings because he knew he was only going to be pitching the few innings instead of saving his energy for 6-7 innings.
    Forever Fredi