Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018: The Year Of The Venezuelan Trout

Called Up to the Major Leagues SJ24's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    291 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    You displayed alarming ignorance with your post...it's becoming a trend with you.
    IIRC You deny the basic tenets that built the richest economy in world history.

I would be careful about accusing others of being ignorant.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,135 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SJ24 View Post
    IIRC You deny the basic tenets that built the richest economy in world history.

I would be careful about accusing others of being ignorant.
    LOL what?

I find it adorable that a college kid thinks he's worldly after a few semesters. You can't be gone soon enough.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    291 Posts
    LOL what?

I find it adorable that a college kid thinks he's worldly after a few semesters. You can't be gone soon enough.
    Didn't you make fun of me for being a proponent of trickle-down economics last year?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,135 Posts
    Didn't you make fun of me for being a proponent of trickle-down economics last year?
    No, but if you believe in trickle down economics I would have made fun of you.

Look, I realize you're at the point in your life where you're just starting to learn enough to begin questioning everything you've been told for years as an adolescent. That's great. I commend you for taking the steps towards becoming a critically thinking adult.

But right now, you don't know ****, and I can't wait for our bet to be final.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    291 Posts
    No, but if you believe in trickle down economics I would have made fun of you.

Look, I realize you're at the point in your life where you're just starting to learn enough to begin questioning everything you've been told for years as an adolescent. That's great. I commend you for taking the steps towards becoming a critically thinking adult.

But right now, you don't know ****, and I can't wait for our bet to be final.
    I believe you are "misremembering." No big deal. But you are wrong- trickle down is the ONLY system that works.

Not sure why you keep trying to demean me based on age or experience. I realize it is what you do, though. You are very insecure and borderline harass/abuse several posters here.

You should be ashamed. You might know baseball but you have no humanity (and no semblance of a clue on econ).

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,325 Posts
    JohnAdcox, I think we need the Enscheff's Basic Politeness Translator in here.
    Last edited by Garmel; 03-05-2018 at 05:44 PM.

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    I believe you are "misremembering." No big deal. But you are wrong- trickle down is the ONLY system that works.

Not sure why you keep trying to demean me based on age or experience. I realize it is what you do, though. You are very insecure and borderline harass/abuse several posters here.

You should be ashamed. You might know baseball but you have no humanity (and no semblance of a clue on econ).
    The verbage trickle down economics is basically an invention of left leaning humorists who were lampooning the more proper term "supply side economics"... Economists like Thomas Sowell who advocate for supply side economics have never claimed that it works in a trickle down manner.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    291 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanieAntics View Post
    The verbiage trickle down economics is basically an invention of left leaning humorists who were lampooning the more proper term "supply side economics"... Economists like Thomas Sowell who advocate for supply side economics have never claimed that it works in a trickle down manner.
    Understand, but I know economists who think so. I am not an economist, but I think so. If Sowell has never explained it that way, he should. All wealth comes from the top in one way or another.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,151 Posts
    Understand, but I know economists who think so. I am not an economist, but I think so. If Sowell has never explained it that way, he should. All wealth comes from the top in one way or another.
    I am kind of wondering if you are a parody account at this point.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    291 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Southcack77 View Post
    Am I wrong? Where does wealth come from?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,151 Posts
    Where Wallace At, String?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Southcack77 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (03-05-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,705 Posts
    It is enscheff’s alter account

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,151 Posts
    Am I wrong? Where does wealth come from?
    I've had too long a day.

I had like six people argue a clear fact with me today and I'm just exhausted from all that.

I can't get into economics at 6PM.

Ah hell, where do you think wealth comes from? What do you mean when you say wealth anyway?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    291 Posts
    I've had too long a day.

I had like six people argue a clear fact with me today and I'm just exhausted from all that.

Ah hell, where do you think wealth comes from? What do you mean when you say wealth anyway?
    Wealth is either paper money/commodities/manufactured goods/land- something that has value.

Very basic explanation:

In the modern economy, wealth will always trickle down from the top because it has nowhere else to go. It's just the natural mechanics of the capitalist system. The "rich" are not evil and are not "hoarding" money. They invest (by various means) in businesses which employ workers and provide useful goods/services to the population.

Even when they are splurging on luxury goods, someone is working in those Ferrari manufacturing plants. Someone is hand-crafting those Italian shoes and suits.

The innovators in a given economy are rightly rewarded with enormous wealth by the markets.

The American economy is no exception: it was created by an enormous trickling down of wealth. I am from one of the poorest regions of the country and can't IMAGINE where some of the towns I grew up near would be without companies like Wal-Mart, Dollar General, Target, Lowe's, etc.

Those companies have benefited the most people, so they receive the most profit. The people who started those companies should be rewarded and given the chance to create even more companies like that.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,135 Posts
    You can't claim trickle down economics works after looking at the wealth distribution graphs for the last 50 years and still be considered a logical person who isn't completely self-serving.

Nothing is trickling down...

Most people who are accumulating wealth now started nothing and contribute nothing to society...
    Last edited by Enscheff; 03-05-2018 at 06:24 PM.

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,831 Posts
    Wealth is stolen upwards from labor.
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    291 Posts
    You can't claim trickle down economics works after looking at the wealth distribution graphs for the last 50 years and still be considered a logical person who isn't completely self-serving.

Nothing is trickling down...

Most people who are accumulating wealth now started nothing and contribute nothing to society...
    LOL. "Wealth distribution" That's a cute populist talking point.

Maybe the top has simply grown enormously because the gates to more markets have been opened and the Chinese and others have been given the U.S. manufacturing base.

That's the global economy for you, though. Has nothing to do with trickle down economics not working. The opposite, "trickle up", is completely ass backwards and why Venezuela can't afford food.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    291 Posts

Nah. Most billionaires are self-made.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,135 Posts
    LOL. "Wealth distribution" That's a cute populist talking point.

Maybe the top has simply grown enormously because the gates to more markets have been opened and the Chinese and others have been given the U.S. manufacturing base.

That's the global economy for you, though. Has nothing to do with trickle down economics not working. The opposite, "trickle up", is completely ass backwards and why Venezuela can't afford food.
    There is nothing more amusing than someone who is learning real information for the first time haha.

Hey, at least you're not using your time in college just to party. Kudos on that.

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    I've had too long a day.

Are we seriously about to get into an Austrian/Keynesian debate?