Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 4079

Thread: Economics Thread

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Two of our biggest states have just started opening. Id expect a job gain of 3 million in June.
    A lot these jobs wont come back. Especially corporate jobs.

The market is a joke at this point. Completely fabricated from the fed. Market cap to GDP is 152% which is a record... look what happened the last few times it went over 140% (including Feb of this year)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    A lot these jobs wont come back. Especially corporate jobs.

The market is a joke at this point. Completely fabricated from the fed. Market cap to GDP is 152% which is a record... look what happened the last few times it went over 140% (including Feb of this year)
    I would agree there is a subset of jobs that won't be coming back but they will be filled with other types of jobs. We won't get back down to low 3% unemployment but I think the overwhelming percentage of jobs will be back and fast.

Nobody will take the virus seriously and help supply will be scaled up to match the demand.

Also not sure why the market cap to GDP point was relevant in Feb. If there was no virus there woild have been no crash and likely higher GDP numbers based on underlying metrics we were seeing.
    Natural Immunity Croc

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    I would agree there is a subset of jobs that won't be coming back but they will be filled with other types of jobs. We won't get back down to low 3% unemployment but I think the overwhelming percentage of jobs will be back and fast.

Nobody will take the virus seriously and help supply will be scaled up to match the demand.

Also not sure why the market cap to GDP point was relevant in Feb. If there was no virus there woild have been no crash and likely higher GDP numbers based on underlying metrics we were seeing.
    Everytime it has happened the market has crashed, including February

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    https://www.nbcnews.com/business/eco...ruary-n1227631

We officially entered a recession in Febuary after 96 months of expansion under Obama and only 36 months of expansion under Trump before the Trump Crash of 2020. Remember guys. Give no credit to the guy who led us out of the Bush Recession and give all the credit to the guy who inherited almost 100 straight months of economic growth before he even took office.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,324 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    https://www.nbcnews.com/business/eco...ruary-n1227631

We officially entered a recession in Febuary after 96 months of expansion under Obama and only 36 months of expansion under Trump before the Trump Crash of 2020. Remember guys. Give no credit to the guy who led us out of the Bush Recession and give all the credit to the guy who inherited almost 100 straight months of economic growth before he even took office.
    LOL! As a business/economics major I can't help but laugh at this. Obama's economy was managed by quantitative easing and low(zero to near zero) interest rates. Trump's economy was only hurt due to the coronavirus. Once it bounces back what will your excuse be then?
    Last edited by Garmel; 06-08-2020 at 08:08 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    Politicians get judged by the results not the methods. I dont agree with Obama's policies but if we are going to judge Trump based on the current results and not the policies and ignore the long term effects of what he is doing then that's the same standard I will set for Obama. Plus it really pisses off the Obama Derangement Syndrome people which is a nice bonus.

If you are an economic major then you should know what Trump is doing. He has been trying to supercharge the economy on the short term to market himself as economic Jeesus. You can blame the virus that's Trumps own fault. He ignored the early warnings. This would have been only a speed bump if we had a competent President.

It’s over."

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,324 Posts
    Politicians get judged by the results not the methods. I dont agree with Obama's policies but if we are going to judge Trump based on the current results and not the policies and ignore the long term effects of what he is doing then that's the same standard I will set for Obama. Plus it really pisses off the Obama Derangement Syndrome people which is a nice bonus.

If you are an economic major then you should know what Trump is doing. He has been trying to supercharge the economy on the short term to market himself as economic Jeesus. You can blame the virus that's Trumps own fault. He ignored the early warnings. This would have been only a speed bump if we had a competent President.
    He did not ignore any warnings. Fauci has explained all of this before. I thought you guys believed in science. This is where your logic breaks down. If Trump is so incompetent why is Europe in as bad or worse shape? Is every European country that incompetent? The West is extremely open so it was bound to happen. Yes, Trump is using quantitative easing to help the economy in the short term. Obama used it for 6-7 straight years so I can't see why you're complaining.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    He absolutely ignored warnings. Dr. Fauchi has to be diplomatic because Trump would fire him if he isnt. I will make a deal with you though. I will accept that for now if you accept what he testifies to when the response is investigated. Here is a timeline of events.

Trump is a rainmaker. He promises he can make it rain. When and if it does he takes credit. If it doesnt he just blames everyone else and claims he needs more power to make it rain.
    Last edited by cajunrevenge; 06-08-2020 at 09:11 PM.

It’s over."

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,324 Posts
    He absolutely ignored warnings. Dr. Fauchi has to be diplomatic because Trump would fire him if he isnt. I will make a deal with you though. I will accept that for now if you accept what he testifies to when the response is investigated. Here is a timeline of events.

Trump is a rainmaker. He promises he can make it rain. When and if it does he takes credit. If it doesnt he just blames everyone else and claims he needs more power to make it rain.
    No. Much of what's in that video has been debunked. Much of it is also speculation. Trump shut down travel to China so that tells me he was serious about it. Fauci himself said what killed the West was that we believed China. If Europe was in good shape while we had these deaths I might believe what you're pushing but logic says you're wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    "we" didnt believe China. Trump did. And like I said with Fauchi, when he says it when Trump cant fire him I will believe it. I already posted the shady news coming out of China at the time. The National Security Council had a meeting the day after that video I posted. Please do link to me the debunking of anything in that video. You know damn well if Obama did the same exact things he would be getting hammered by Trump and the right. You cant sit here and tell me Trump wouldnt be claiming next to no one would have died from the virus if he was President if this happened under Obama.

It’s over."

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,324 Posts
    "we" didnt believe China. Trump did. And like I said with Fauchi, when he says it when Trump cant fire him I will believe it. I already posted the shady news coming out of China at the time. The National Security Council had a meeting the day after that video I posted. Please do link to me the debunking of anything in that video. You know damn well if Obama did the same exact things he would be getting hammered by Trump and the right. You cant sit here and tell me Trump wouldnt be claiming next to no one would have died from the virus if he was President if this happened under Obama.
    Fauci believed China as well. Listen to his comments in January and February if you don't believe me. The whole "Facuci's afraid to stand up to Trump" isn't based on facts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garmel View Post
    Fauci believed China as well. Listen to his comments in January and February if you don't believe me. The whole "Facuci's afraid to stand up to Trump" isn't based on facts.
    But Fauci aint the one running for re-election and claiming how tough he was on Chiner.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,324 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    But Fauci aint the one running for re-election and claiming how tough he was on Chiner.
    Trump was way more tough on China compared to his predecessors, especially on trade. Obama, Bush, and Clinton were bent over the table.
    Last edited by Garmel; 06-08-2020 at 10:46 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts

You mean when Trump was saying how good a job China was doing Fauchi did not contradict him? You know what happens when people Trump has leverage over contradict him? I dont know Dr. Fauchi's exact role but I do know the fired pandemic response teams team was to monitor these things. Like I said, if the documents back that up Inl will believe it. If Dr. Fauchi testifies to that then I will believe it. Until then I am giving no benefit of the doubt to the guy with the least credibility in the world.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    Trump was way more tough on China compared to his predecessors, especially on trade. Obama, Bush, and Clinton were bent over the table.

You should atleast try and research your talking points first. The Obama admin represented an historic shift in policy regarding China.

It’s over."

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,324 Posts
    You should atleast try and research your talking points first. The Obama admin represented an historic shift in policy regarding China.
    If you call what Obama did historic you really don't know what the term means. He was better than Bush but the deficit to China got worse. It hasn't been good under Trump either but he finally did a historic trade deal with China.
    Last edited by Garmel; 06-09-2020 at 09:41 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.inves...57%3fampMode=1

This is all you need to know about Obamas "roaring" economy.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    I don't know about that. creepy joe has been slamming them for years about their treatment of the Uighurs and the situation in Hong Kong. He would bring that up at times when those were not sexy headline news. Which tells me he is committed to holding China to account. creepy joe even knows how to pronounce Uighur. I wonder if very poorly chosen one even knows what a Uighur is.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 06-09-2020 at 09:45 AM.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.inves...57%3fampMode=1

This is all you need to know about Obamas "roaring" economy.

Or I can do what you would do and attack the source. Clearly a NeverObama Trump loving Nazi did that study. Can you get me a list of sources you accept as factual.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    If you call what Obama did historic you really don't know what the term means. He was better than Bush but the deficit to China got worse. It hasn't been good under Trump either but he finally did a historic trade deal with China.

So you still didnt use google. I am not your google bot.

It’s over."