Thread: Economics Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,906 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalyn View Post
    While you are in such a great place with science, you should check out the rest of it. Physics (Quantum and Theoretical to be more specific) is my favorite. I also particularly love Neuroscience.
    Check the tape bud. See who has been most accurate on all matters covid.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Check the tape bud. See who has been most accurate on all matters covid.
    *sigh* I was legit just saying you should go check out some things I find wonderful while you seem to be in the scientific mood. Nvm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,906 Posts
    *sigh* I was legit just saying you should go check out some things I find wonderful while you seem to be in the scientific mood. Nvm.
    I’m in an impatient mood as my personal one drive is fully uploaded at work.

Never was a fan of neuroscience but I was quite good at physics as it’s heavily math based. Debated to pursue that career path until I went straight math at Binghamton.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    I’m in an impatient mood as my personal one drive is fully uploaded at work.

Never was a fan of neuroscience but I was quite good at physics as it’s heavily math based. Debated to pursue that career path until I went straight math at Binghamton.
    Yeah. I definitely got into it for the math. Everything after basic felt so natural and like I had found my Native tongue. Theoretical physics became a lot more interesting once I started doing drugs. lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,906 Posts
    Yeah. I definitely got into it for the math. Everything after basic felt so natural and like I had found my Native tongue. Theoretical physics became a lot more interesting once I started doing drugs. lol
    Mine is a story of just getting lazy in college and not realizing my full potential until my later 20s. Setup nicely now at 37 but it should have been 10 years sooner.

Oh well.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    Mine is a story of just getting lazy in college and not realizing my full potential until my later 20s. Setup nicely now at 37 but it should have been 10 years sooner.

Oh well.
    I left home at 13, had my own place and full-time job at 16. Homeschooled myself through high school because I had to work. College seemed impossible for the longest time. People here talking about loans and bad financial decisions and blah blah blah. That isn't the whole picture when you are poor. Sometimes you have to pick a terrible option because it is the only one available with even a glimmer of hope of getting out of the situation you're in. People should not be punished for that. Some people aren't just digging out of holes they made, or their parents made...now people are even having to dig out of holes their grandparents made. We always mention racism as being systemic, and I do think it is, but so is poverty.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Dalyn For This Useful Post:

nsacpi (12-16-2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,906 Posts
    I left home at 13, had my own place and full-time job at 16. Homeschooled myself through high school because I had to work. College seemed impossible for the longest time. People here talking about loans and bad financial decisions and blah blah blah. That isn't the whole picture when you are poor. Sometimes you have to pick a terrible option because it is the only one available with even a glimmer of hope of getting out of the situation you're in. People should not be punished for that. Some people aren't just digging out of holes they made, or their parents made...now people are even having to dig out of holes their grandparents made. We always mention racism as being systemic, and I do think it is, but so is poverty.
    I always had a physical house but I wouldn’t describe it as a home.

I was fortunate in comparison to some of course and am grateful for that. Living in Long Island on a taxi car salary wasn’t fun so I feel your pain. I got my first job at 14 and basically haven’t stopped working since.

Life sucks in a lot of ways. The trick though is to always move forward.
    Natural Immunity Croc