Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: GDT-- Thurs 3/15, Tigers

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,151 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    That wasn’t my point. My point was that it is just as likely that he thinks he is in position to hit free agency sooner because his team did him solid by aggressively promoting him than him not signing with the Braves because he is mad. Neither is going to happen. But I can too also spin a myth into a positive outcome just as quickly as someone can spin the myth that he is going to be pissed so the Braves have no shot at signing him.

I want to try and buy out FA years as fast as possible. But want to protect that 7th year just in case you can’t.
    Just my two cents, but I think the number of all time talents who think they've been done a favor by getting an opportunity isn't very high.

I agree with you though that this whole good will concern is not worth fretting over.

The Braves have plenty of ways to make amends from any bad will they show by keeping him down along the way. And fans being upset of being deprived of 8 or 9 games of Acuna surely doesn't matter.

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,860 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Southcack77 View Post
    Just my two cents, but I think the number of all time talents who think they've been done a favor by getting an opportunity isn't very high.

I agree with you though that this whole good will concern is not worth fretting over.

The Braves have plenty of ways to make amends from any bad will they show by keeping him down along the way. And fans being upset of being deprived of 8 or 9 games of Acuna surely doesn't matter.
    Do casual fans even know/care? It's not like this is a Francoeur situation.

And those that follow the minors surely know the ramifications and benefits of Acuna's service time.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,151 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post
    Do casual fans even know/care? It's not like this is a Francoeur situation.

And those that follow the minors surely know the ramifications and benefits of Acuna's service time.

They definitely should know that there is an Acuna and he's supposed to be awesome, I think, if they follow baseball press at all. I think they spent time hyping Acuna on the broadcasts as well. He's probably at least as known as Swanson was.