Thread: Fox News Analyst Quits, Calling Network a ‘Propaganda Machine’

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts

Fox News Analyst Quits, Calling Network a ‘Propaganda Machine’

Ralph Peters, a retired lieutenant colonel, quit Fox News. “In my view, Fox has degenerated from providing a legitimate and much-needed outlet for conservative voices to a mere propaganda machine for a destructive and ethically ruinous administration,” he wrote.

A longtime analyst for Fox News is leaving the network, saying that he could not “in good conscience” remain with an organization that, he argued, “is now wittingly harming our system of government for profit.”

In a searing farewell note sent to colleagues on Tuesday, Ralph Peters, a Fox News strategic analyst and a retired lieutenant colonel in the United States Army, castigated the network for its coverage of President Trump and the rhetoric of its prime-time hosts.

“In my view, Fox has degenerated from providing a legitimate and much-needed outlet for conservative voices to a mere propaganda machine for a destructive and ethically ruinous administration,” Colonel Peters wrote in his message, a copy of which was obtained by The New York Times.

“Over my decade with Fox, I long was proud of the association,” he added. “Now I am ashamed.”

Without citing them by name, Colonel Peters, 65, wrote that Fox News’s prime-time anchors “dismiss facts and empirical reality to launch profoundly dishonest assaults on the F.B.I., the Justice Department, the courts, the intelligence community (in which I served) and, not least, a model public servant and genuine war hero such as Robert Mueller.”

“As a retired military officer,” he said, “I simply could not continue with Fox in good conscience.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/20/b...ph-peters.html
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    I read a couple of Col. Peters's novels. Red Army may be the best book in the 'Cold War turned hot' genre, and his Civil War series, Battle Hymn Cycle, is pretty well done. He's such a globalist, interventionist, neo-con, boots on the ground enthusiast that it makes Senator McCain blush, so I am not surprised that he isn't comfortable in a more nationalist and protectionist setting. I expect to see him writing for CSBA or AEI in the near future.
    Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    He should go to CNN where they really make up stuff for profit. They are by far the worst.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    I like Peters. He was a ‘never trumper’ so I’m not surprised he left.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    I wonder when he was ever really proud of the association. Fox News is no more in the tank for the GOP now than it's been the last 20 years. Only the face of the party is a little uglier.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR