Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    239 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Braves rushed swanson. Albies/Acuna dictated their path. We will see if Pache does the same.
    Like I said, prepare to be disappointed/surprised. Can't dig up the tweet but someone has already tweeted that the preliminary minor league assignments are already completely different from what the Braves have typically done for a very long time.

If it was AA's choice, he would not have moved Acuna up from A+ ball last year. Heck, I wasn't on here yet but I was on another forum questioning the move big time. I've already swallowed crow on it, the reason why I was questioning it was high strikeouts and while he had been picking it up, he wasn't exactly killing it (yet).

So I heavily doubt that Pache sees higher than the M-Braves this year and at best, it'll be like Riley's assignments from last year.
    Aggression with prospects is fine, but being stupid is not. There should be a way to find a happy medium between a Pirates like idea of being overly cautious with prospects and going stupidly fast with prospects.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaGirl For This Useful Post:

Braves1976 (03-30-2018), jpx7 (03-31-2018)