3. The Following User Says Thank You to thewupk For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (03-30-2018)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,493 Posts
    Miguel Socolovich called up from Gwinnett not good

if they had called up Santana today, when it comes time to add Camargo and Sanchez next week, they may have had to DFA someone they wanted to keep
    Get off my lawn!

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,830 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanforlife88 View Post
    Miguel Socolovich called up from Gwinnett not good

if they had called up Santana today, when it comes time to add Camargo and Sanchez next week, they may have had to DFA someone they wanted to keep
    Had Lindgren been transferred to the the sixty-day yet? Assuming Socolovich (whose very existence is news to me) takes that spot, if not. Either way, seems strange to go with a reliever who wasn't on the forty-man (and who seemingly isn't very good?). Though maybe you're right (if I'm reading the implication correctly) that the advantage of Socolovich is he can just be outrighted whenever, no harm nor foul?
    Last edited by jpx7; 03-30-2018 at 03:39 PM.
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jpx7 For This Useful Post:

Tapate50 (03-30-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,895 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpx7 View Post
    Had Lindgren been transferred to the the sixty-day yet? Assuming Socolovich (whose very existence is news to me) takes that spot, if not. Either way, seems strange to go with a reliever who wasn't on the forty-man (and who seeming isn't very good?). Though maybe you're right (if I'm reading the implication correctly) that the advantage of Socolovich is he can just be outrighted whenever, no harm nor foul?
    I’m rowing this boat with you. Who is this guy?

And yeah Lindgren moved to 60 day DL
    Ivermectin Man

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpx7 View Post
    Had Lindgren been transferred to the the sixty-day yet? Assuming Socolovich (whose very existence is news to me) takes that spot, if not. Either way, seems strange to go with a reliever who wasn't on the forty-man (and who seeming isn't very good?). Though maybe you're right (if I'm reading the implication correctly) that the advantage of Socolovich is he can just be outrighted whenever, no harm nor foul?
    Lindgren has been transferred to the 60 Day DL.

Socolovich likely just occupies that spot for a short period until Sanchez makes his start on the 10th or Whitley is activated (he's also on the 10-Day DL with Flowers, Camargo, and Gohara).
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,729 Posts
    More playing time for Babe Suzuki?
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to cajunrevenge For This Useful Post:

clvclv (03-30-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,642 Posts
    Personally, I am hoping they are buying time to claim or trade for these two: https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2018/...ic-valera.html. I am pretty sure Valera has an option or two remaining, so I agree with clvclv suggestion of picking him up as our middle infield depth in AAA sucks as far as call-up options. Josh Lucas had a great spring and I am sure multiple teams claim him if he isn't moved in a trade first. Hopefully we get him as he's an upgrade over four or five arms in our bullpen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    696 Posts
    Yeah, I think Josh Lucas is a good suggestion. Better short term and long term option than Shane Carle (okay, that's a lot of guys). I'm actually cool with Socolovich too as a better option. He looked good in the Spring when I saw him and did a reasonable job for the Cardinals. I think we may be better off shuttling a guy like him back and forth than Wisler or Sims. I'm still trying to hold out hope for the skinny version of Blair.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,642 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dak View Post
    Yeah, I think Josh Lucas is a good suggestion. Better short term and long term option than Shane Carle (okay, that's a lot of guys). I'm actually cool with Socolovich too as a better option. He looked good in the Spring when I saw him and did a reasonable job for the Cardinals. I think we may be better off shuttling a guy like him back and forth than Wisler or Sims. I'm still trying to hold out hope for the skinny version of Blair.
    I thought Socolovich looked good some outings in ST and then bad some others. He was terrible last season with the Cardinals after having a good stretch the year before, hopefully we get the former here. But if not you just DFA him. Carle and Wisler are other DFA candidates along with Hursh for me. I'd be fine with doing so with all three and all three likely clear waivers now, maybe Wisler doesn't but either way no loss if so. Sims is a few years younger than Wisler and shouldn't be treated as a likely bust like him. He still has two more option years too. I haven't given up on him or Blair. However, I was about to give up on Blair before he got back in shape. Now that he is I am hoping we see the Blair I saw with Arizona's minor league affiliates again. If Sims and Blair fail as starters both could help as bullpen arms down the road.

I was surprised the Cardinals DFA'd Josh Lucas after his great ST.
    Last edited by Braves1976; 03-30-2018 at 06:19 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Braves1976 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (03-30-2018)

Awaiting a Promotion
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Says Flowers felt a pop, Braves expect him to miss multiple weeks... not a good way to start

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Time for a sick Suzuki strench of baseball.

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,830 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Time for a sick Suzuki strench of baseball.
    When life gives you broken orchids, make a hot plate of steaming sea bass.
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

18. The Following User Says Thank You to jpx7 For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (03-30-2018)