Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bowman’s latest

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,704 Posts
    I’ll be pissed if we trade gohara. If there is any team that should have a fat pitcher, it is the braves. Right, enscheff?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to msstate7 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (04-01-2018)

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,831 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I’ll be pissed if we trade gohara. If there is any team that should have a fat pitcher, it is the braves. Right, enscheff?
    Don’t sleep on Ohio teams and obesity—especially Cincinnati, being on the border of two of the worst offenders (Kentucky and Ohio).
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jpx7 For This Useful Post:

msstate7 (04-01-2018)

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    766 Posts
    Not sure why bowman would say sell high....that doesn’t help the braves

Gohara has 4 red flags
    Weight
    Alcohol use
    Lack of a consistent third pitch
    Boras as an agent

If he gets you archer I’m in. But you’d have to give up more. I wouldn’t want to give up much more than gohara for most ppl.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,642 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ2dollas View Post
    Not sure why bowman would say sell high....that doesn’t help the braves

Gohara has 4 red flags
    Weight
    Alcohol use
    Lack of a consistent third pitch
    Boras as an agent

If he gets you archer I’m in. But you’d have to give up more. I wouldn’t want to give up much more than gohara for most ppl.
    I remember Cincy didn't like his medicals as they called off a trade for him over that. So I'd suspect Gohara will need to stay healthy a bit and pitch well this year before one could talk about selling high on him. And I agree that you'd not get enough right now despite his potential.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    I continue to hope against hope where Folty is concerned, but I'm afraid I just don't see it.

The 7 Ks against 1 BB the other night were great, and I was willing to write his last spring start off to "working on things" or as a "tuneup", but 85-90 pitches and two gopher balls in 5 IP when they turn the lights on is just more of the same old *hit as far as I'm concerned - even with an entirely dominant camp other than the last start. It's great to hear all the talk from him (and others) about him learning, but he's got a LONG way to go to actually show me something and/or make me a believer in the least.

As of today, Newk and Gohara have longer leashes as far as I'm concerned - hopefully he does something to change my mind.
    Last edited by clvclv; 04-01-2018 at 09:45 PM.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Vencer a Los Doyers GovClintonTyree's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,033 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Yeah, but he's plantain and Polar beer fat, not fried okra and sweet tea fat. Not a true representation of the region.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GovClintonTyree For This Useful Post:

Jaw (04-02-2018), Tapate50 (04-02-2018)

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    sell high on folty or newcomb

or don't sign julio

etc etc etc

i'm trying to find out when you guys actually want to compete instead of just always getting the best ranked prospects
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,151 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post

or don't sign julio

etc etc etc

i'm trying to find out when you guys actually want to compete instead of just always getting the best ranked prospects
    Well, if they are selling high, I would think it would probably be to acquire a proven major leaguer to address a hole.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Southcack77 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (04-02-2018)

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,831 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post

or don't sign julio

etc etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by Southcack77 View Post
    Well, if they are selling high, I would think it would probably be to acquire a proven major leaguer to address a hole.
    Exactly. The idea wouldn't be to trade Foltynewicz just to trade him; but to look at him—assuming a breakthrough 2018 (which is hardly guaranteed, obviously)—as a guy that'd have a lot of value to competitive but pitching-poor teams, and also as a guy set to grow much more expensive through arbitration. So for a money-poor team like the Braves, who also happen to have a lot of high-upside pitching in their organization, it would in such a light be sensible to dangle Foltynewicz as the centerpiece of deals to address some other deficit on the major-league roster (3B, LF, C).
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

14. The Following User Says Thank You to jpx7 For This Useful Post:

Jaw (04-03-2018)