Who goes down/gets cut? Gonna be some interesting decisions
    Swanson sucks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Who goes down/gets cut? Gonna be some interesting decisions
    once Tucker, Flaherty and Sanchez stop playing so well we can bring them up.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

3. The Following User Says Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

The Chosen One (04-14-2018)

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,363 Posts
    I think Jo-gun is up really soon. obviously one of Flaherty or Dansby clone will be DFA'd. Acuan will be next in a few days, couple weeks and Petey will be DFA'd. I wouldn't expect Gohard before the all star break unless he is needed. I think they burn an option and keep him in AAA for a bit. Basically by the time he is ready to come up, a pitcher will have made it easy to decide who to get rid of on his own.
    Coppy

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    I think Camargo is soonest to get called up, he's ready and the Braves can use his defense at 3B and bat which is impressing.

If BMac is ok, and Sanchez keeps pitching well, i dont think they bring up Gohara until an injury or if Sanchez implodes.

I'd imagine next week Acuna is called up.

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    766 Posts
    I think tucker and Flaherty would be great bench guys

To me it’s pb and Culbertson. With albies and comargo why do you need a no bat back up ss?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ2dollas View Post
    I think tucker and Flaherty would be great bench guys

To me it’s pb and Culbertson. With albies and comargo why do you need a no bat back up ss?
    agreed on both points

"I am your retribution."

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    487 Posts
    Bourgos, Culby, and whichever pitcher needs a 10 day break. We are going to see so many pitchers this year that most changes in the staff will be pretty temporary.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Have to jeep flahrety at this point. Will be interesting to see what decision is made between bourjous and Adams. I'd prefer to keep Adams.

I'd like to hold off on a decision for the starting rotation. I'd see how McCarthy feels about a 10 day dl trip. Then try to flip Sanchez for a bullpen arm prospect

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    766 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Have to jeep flahrety at this point. Will be interesting to see what decision is made between bourjous and Adams. I'd prefer to keep Adams.

I'd like to hold off on a decision for the starting rotation. I'd see how McCarthy feels about a 10 day dl trip. Then try to flip Sanchez for a bullpen arm prospect
    The way Sanchez is pitching why not send gohara for some real rehab starts?

Maybe we get a 6”8 lefty who never plays for Sanchez like we got last time we flipped guys like Sanchez. Demeritte would be the most we get.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    I'm all for gohara getting rehab starts. This decision would be after he was deemed ready. But I'm not holding him back just because we are getting adequate performances. Gohara is the future.

Arbitration Eligible Freshmaker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    522 Posts
    Yeah gonna be really interesting for sure. I'm guessing Bourjos gets cut or demoted (idk if he has options or not) and Tucker goes to the bench. I'd rather bench Neck, but I realize that's not going to happen.

Yohara obviously takes Sanchez's spot in the rotation once he's ready. My guess is that Sanchez becomes a long man in the pen, but I have no good guesses as to who gets cut/demoted as all the BP guys are pitching well at the moment (outside of Ramirez, but SSS applies and he was good last season).

I'm honestly not impressed with Camargo - dude had a crazy high .368 babip last year and managed a 0.0 DWAR in 79 games/59 starts, with over 1/2 that at 3B. He's not bad, but I'm expecting some regression at the plate and would wait til Flaherty cools off w/e that is (lulz and all that, but he's currently somehow #2 in the NL in BA).

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Only move I would venture to guess on would be Culberson goes when Camargo is activated. Hard to know on the others.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to 50PoundHead For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (04-14-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,701 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    Only move I would venture to guess on would be Culberson goes when Camargo is activated. Hard to know on the others.
    I understand you wanna keep RF bc he has hit so far, but 3rd is his only position, right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,537 Posts
    I understand you wanna keep RF bc he has hit so far, but 3rd is his only position, right?
    can play second too...Culberson is expendable given that Albies and Camargo can play short

"I am your retribution."

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,151 Posts
    Most likely are Lane Adams, Anibal Sanchez and Flaherty I would guess.

But gohara may just wait until an opening makes itself obvious, which is fine with me.

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshmaker View Post
    Yeah gonna be really interesting for sure. I'm guessing Bourjos gets cut or demoted (idk if he has options or not) and Tucker goes to the bench. I'd rather bench Neck, but I realize that's not going to happen.

Yohara obviously takes Sanchez's spot in the rotation once he's ready. My guess is that Sanchez becomes a long man in the pen, but I have no good guesses as to who gets cut/demoted as all the BP guys are pitching well at the moment (outside of Ramirez, but SSS applies and he was good last season).

I'm honestly not impressed with Camargo - dude had a crazy high .368 babip last year and managed a 0.0 DWAR in 79 games/59 starts, with over 1/2 that at 3B. He's not bad, but I'm expecting some regression at the plate and would wait til Flaherty cools off w/e that is (lulz and all that, but he's currently somehow #2 in the NL in BA).
    While I agree that Camargo's offense likely won't be as good as last year's, he is obviously a really good defensive third baseman. His dWAR was dragged down a good bit by him spending 205 innings at SS. He was pretty good at 2nd with an 88 UZR/150 and pretty good at 3rd with a 9.6 UZR/150. If we don't let him play SS, he has a good bit of defensive value for us.

I will say that if his recent power output is real, he could become a VERY valuable piece. I don't believe in Camargo being an actual power threat. I think if he ever had a 15 homer year that would be fantastic for him. But IF he actually does become a guy who could hit 20 with his defense, he could be a major piece for this team. I just don't think he will.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to BeanieAntics For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (04-14-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,701 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Southcack77 View Post
    Most likely are Lane Adams, Anibal Sanchez and Flaherty I would guess.

But gohara may just wait until an opening makes itself obvious, which is fine with me.
    I agree about lane. Bourjas can play cf well, so I think he stays

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Flaherty has played around the diamond during his career. Actually played some OF when he first came up and has played some SS. He's mostly a 3B/2B guy, but as others have said, with two other guys--Camargo and Albies--who can play SS, it really puts a crimp in Culberson's profile of value. If Culberson could hit at all, it might be more of a push, but he's just dead weight with the bat. I'd flip a coin if it was Culberson vs. Sean Kazmar, Jr.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,701 Posts
    Off topic, but I think Carlos Franco could become a decent PH/back up 1b option

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    487 Posts
    Off topic, but I think Carlos Franco could become a decent PH/back up 1b option
    You could be right, but I think the days of one position bench players is probably in the past. Can he play anywhere else with acceptable defense?