Thread: Pleasantly Impressive Depth

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts

Pleasantly Impressive Depth

Something that doesn't get much run (in the press anyway) is the depth AA's been able to pile up that at least doesn't strike you as terribly overmatched at the MLB level when the injuries inevitably come.

While Tucker, Flaherty, Bourjos, Gosselin, Culberson, Colon, Santana, Stewart, Brantly, and Anibal aren't much to be excited about as fill-ins for a couple weeks if needed, they don't give me nearly the same feeling that you're liable to get someone with that deer in the headlights pause if they have to dip down for a bit at some point.

This group of extras just doesn't worry me nearly as much as in recent seasons as long as significant injuries don't pop up.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

The Artist Formally Known as

Ventura's Stolen Bases

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    213 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    Something that doesn't get much run (in the press anyway) is the depth AA's been able to pile up that at least doesn't strike you as terribly overmatched at the MLB level when the injuries inevitably come.

While Tucker, Flaherty, Bourjos, Gosselin, Culberson, Colon, Santana, Stewart, Brantly, and Anibal aren't much to be excited about as fill-ins for a couple weeks if needed, they don't give me nearly the same feeling that you're liable to get someone with that deer in the headlights pause if they have to dip down for a bit at some point.

This group of extras just doesn't worry me nearly as much as in recent seasons as long as significant injuries don't pop up.
    I agree with this generally but don't agree with Bourjos. He was kind of a disaster
    AKA International Bonus Pool Slot

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Managuarantano's Volunteers For This Useful Post:

Braves1976 (05-04-2018)