Page 67 of 143 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 2853

Thread: 2018 Trade Deadline ROSTERBATION

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Franklyn Kilomé gets a FV of 50 from fangraphs. Looks a bit generous to me considering he is having a so so season in AA at age 23.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

2. The Following User Says Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

Tapate50 (07-27-2018)

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    Duran is 20 (same age as Ynoa and Muller) and doing well in High A. Ynoa just got promoted to High A and Muller has been there all season. So Duran is probably closer in value to Muller. The two outfielders are not as impressive but they are not organizational filler either. Equivalent for us I think is maybe Muller plus Ramos and Javier. I'd say it is a bit more than I would have been willing to give up.
    I think I would have pulled the trigger on it. The Phillies just got Cabrera for Kilome, so I think this should have been our countermove. Now Moose is someone that I'm almost rooting for, and I've been on the anti-Moose train for a while lol

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    Franklyn Kilomé gets a FV of 50 from fangraphs. Looks a bit generous to me considering he is having a so so season in AA at age 23.
    If I remember correctly Kilome is a big stuff guy that has struggled to find a 3rd pitch. Given his age it looks like he might be more of a bullpen guy eventually

Approaching Buddy Hernandez Territory
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    154 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaGirl View Post
    One of the minor league guys for the Braves said that the comp for the best piece in the Eduardo Escobar trade was Drew Waters or JCE and yeah...I may do JCE but not Drew Waters.

The Asdrubal Cabrera one on the other hand...what in the hell AA? There's an easy answer to that.
    I don't think that's true...Ernie De La Trinidad is an older A ball player.

Cabrera really isn't worth that much...he's been very bad defensively. He would not be enough of an upgrade to deal a prospect for although given what the Mets got for him he may have been worth a shot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaGirl View Post
    One of the minor league guys for the Braves said that the comp for the best piece in the Eduardo Escobar trade was Drew Waters or JCE and yeah...I may do JCE but not Drew Waters.

The Asdrubal Cabrera one on the other hand...what in the hell AA? There's an easy answer to that.
    Muller is a better comp for Duran.

"I am your retribution."

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,762 Posts
    This seems like a lot of activity at the deadline in recent years around the Bigs. Or maybe it's just because this is the first time in a while I've been paying attention to trades around the league since this is the first time in a while our team has actually been worth a damn by the deadline. lol
    Forever Fredi

Arizona Fall Leaguer
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    AA better have some huge trade in the works or he just completely botched this season.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Grrr... Other than Odorizzi, Cabrera is the guy I wanted most. And he's going to that Philthies...

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,135 Posts
    Asdrubal for a low end FV 50 pitcher...To beat that the Braves would have had to give up Allard.

I'm glad AA didn't trade Allard for 2 months of Asdrubal Cabrera.

Now off to see if they can fleece KC for Mous.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanieAntics View Post
    I think I would have pulled the trigger on it. The Phillies just got Cabrera for Kilome, so I think this should have been our countermove. Now Moose is someone that I'm almost rooting for, and I've been on the anti-Moose train for a while lol
    Muller has been where I draw the line at the best prospect I'm willing to give up for a rental. I would rate him as close in value to both Kilome and Duran.

I think one of two things is going on:

1) We got outbid by small amounts in the Cabrera and Escobar deals

2) We are more interested in some of the others: Moose, Solarte or Dietrich. The latter two are not rentals. Maybe AA is serious about that being an important consideration.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 07-27-2018 at 05:11 PM.

"I am your retribution."

12. The Following User Says Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (07-27-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Fredi View Post
    This seems like a lot of activity at the deadline in recent years around the Bigs. Or maybe it's just because this is the first time in a while I've been paying attention to trades around the league since this is the first time in a while our team has actually been worth a damn by the deadline. lol
    National League is very different this year from last year. No one is running away from their division like the gnats, Cubs and Dodgers, and more teams are buyers.

"I am your retribution."

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    Asdrubal for a low end FV 50 pitcher...To beat that the Braves would have had to give up Allard.

I'm glad AA didn't trade Allard for 2 months of Asdrubal Cabrera.

Now off to see if they can fleece KC for Mous.
    I'm with Nscapi that his grade seems generous. I would think Wentz would be closer to value. I know we'd have to beat the Phillies offer, but adding another player would also do that.

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    Muller has been where I draw the line at the best prospect I'm willing to give up for a rental. I would rate him as close in value to both Kilome and Duran.

1) We got outbid by small amounts in the Cabrera and Escobar

2) We are more interested in some of the others: Moose, Solarte or Dietrich. The latter two are not rentals. Maybe AA is serious about that being an important consideration.
    That seems quite odd for guys who are going to be bench/platoon/utility players, but maybe he is trying to build a strong, versatile bench for the future. It just seems odd considering that can usually be bought rather cheaply through free agency. It would seem more prudent to get a rental now for less prospect cost and just try to resign Escobar/Cabrera in the offseason. Or if you can't do that sign one of the other guys who can fill that same role.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    That seems quite odd for guys who are going to be bench/platoon/utility players, but maybe he is trying to build a strong, versatile bench for the future. It just seems odd considering that can usually be bought rather cheaply through free agency. It would seem more prudent to get a rental now for less prospect cost and just try to resign Escobar/Cabrera in the offseason. Or if you can't do that sign one of the other guys who can fill that same role.
    You hit it on the head. I think he is looking to have a stronger bench and deeper pen in 2019. I think you might be overestimating how easy it is to do that with free agency signings. I thought a lot of FA relievers got overpaid this past off-season.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 07-27-2018 at 05:15 PM.

"I am your retribution."

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    If we don't make a solid addition or two during the deadline, I'm gonna start thinking that AA wasn't completely honest when he said we had the money to add a starter, reliever, and bat at the deadline. Gonna be patient, but the lack of moves thus far has been frustrating to some degree.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Maciel, one of the outfields the Diamondbacks sent to the Twins is probably a better prospect than Encarnacion. So Duran (who is close to Muller in value), Maciel and the third guy is a pretty good get for the Twins.

I'm ok with us not landing Escobar and Cabrera given the going price, even though both were high on my wish list.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    If we don't make a solid addition or two during the deadline, I'm gonna start thinking that AA wasn't completely honest when he said we had the money to add a starter, reliever, and bat at the deadline. Gonna be patient, but the lack of moves thus far has been frustrating to some degree.
    Well we will see a few things over the next few days. If the price drops for someone like Moose. If AA insists on getting a non-rental. And if we take on some salary.

"I am your retribution."

Approaching Buddy Hernandez Territory
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    154 Posts

1) We got outbid by small amounts in the Cabrera and Escobar deals

I don't consider any of those guys upgrades. I'd rather stand pat offensively then trade prospects for any of those three.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,642 Posts
    I wouldn't be surprised if AA trades for someone hardly mentioned in trade rumors if at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Orphan Black View Post
    I don't consider any of those guys upgrades. I'd rather stand pat offensively then trade prospects for any of those three.
    Our bench would be significantly upgraded. I think we would be looking at a rotation of sorts between Swanson, Camargo and the new guy on the left side of the infield.

"I am your retribution."