Page 10 of 143 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Trade Deadline ROSTERBATION

Vencer a Los Doyers GovClintonTyree's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,029 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    Beltre is plan A for me. And Moose plan B.

The others (Donaldson, Machado) are great players but will likely have price tags that are not worth it for rentals.
    Cosign. And a Fried-ish price is tolerable.

Approaching Buddy Hernandez Territory
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    154 Posts
    I wonder if the Braves would try and grab Kelvin Herrera and Mike Moustakas from the Royals. They might not have the money to do so but both would fill needs potentially even though I'm not the biggest Moose fan.
    Last edited by Orphan Black; 05-24-2018 at 03:28 PM.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Orphan Black For This Useful Post:

bravesfanforlife88 (05-24-2018), UNCBlue012 (05-25-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    We are not at the point where it makes sense to trade for a third baseman. Camargo still has EARNED the opportunity to show he isn't an everyday player.
    Natural Immunity Croc

5. The Following User Says Thank You to thethe For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (05-25-2018)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,487 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Orphan Black View Post
    I wonder if the Braves would try and grab Kelvin Herrera and Mike Moustakas from the Royals. They might not have the money to do so both would fill two needs potentially even though I'm not the biggest Moose fan.
    Sign me up on Herrera....18 IP and no walks so far this year, ERA under 1. Striking out about 1 an inning.....

A trade of him and Moose could be the type of move that puts us over the top....we are probably going to be around an 85 win team as we sit, adding those 2 could push us over the edge to play some October baseball
    Get off my lawn!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bravesfanforlife88 For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (05-25-2018), jpx7 (05-24-2018)

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,829 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    We are not at the point where it makes sense to trade for a third baseman. Camargo still has EARNED the opportunity to show he isn't an everyday player.
    You’re right, the team probably won’t be truly competitive until 2019, despite the hot start; so the FO night as well wait.
    Last edited by jpx7; 05-24-2018 at 03:20 PM.
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jpx7 For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (05-25-2018), UNCBlue012 (05-25-2018)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Camargo will get another ~200 PAs, and then they hopefully will still be in position to trade for a 3B.

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,837 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanforlife88 View Post
    Sign me up on Herrera....18 IP and no walks so far this year, ERA under 1. Striking out about 1 an inning.....

A trade of him and Moose could be the type of move that puts us over the top....we are probably going to be around an 85 win team as we sit, adding those 2 could push us over the edge to play some October baseball
    You are likely right. I had the Braves as a 79 win team to start the year. If you are the belief that they are a true high 70's win team then that would have them winning 54-56 games the rest of the way. Which puts them at 83-85 wins due to their great start.

With the big improvements of Folty and Newk plus Albies playing like a beast they may have more talent than a 79 win team. Still, I feel some obvious regression from the current win total is coming from some players and shoring up the pen and getting a proven player on the left side of the infield is going to be needed to at least grab one of the wild card spots.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thewupk For This Useful Post:

bravesfanforlife88 (05-25-2018), Jaw (05-29-2018), jpx7 (05-24-2018), UNCBlue012 (05-25-2018)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanforlife88 View Post

As an impact (but not elite) rental BP arm, the cost for Herrera will likely mirror what the Rox paid for Neshek, or the BoSox paid for Reed last year (3 fungible pitching prospects).

That's exactly the kind of addition the Braves should be making if they are still in WC contention at the deadline.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Enscheff For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (05-25-2018), UNCBlue012 (05-25-2018)

Spring Training Invitee
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Orphan Black View Post
    I wonder if the Braves would try and grab Kelvin Herrera and Mike Moustakas from the Royals. They might not have the money to do so but both would fill needs potentially even though I'm not the biggest Moose fan.
    I was thinking the exact same thing.. try to nab that late-inning reliever who was been absolutely dominant this year, but from the Royal's perspective might be a sell-high candidate. Let's not forget he lost the closer's job last season. This is a realistic package and one I could see AA going for.

what would be a realistic price for these 2 players come July31?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpx7 View Post
    You’re right, the team probably won’t be truly competitive until 2019, despite the hot start; so the FO night as well wait.
    AA has a history of being aggressive on the trade market, so I bet he pushes for us to compete now.

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,477 Posts
    Heyman mentioned yesterday something about execs believing Stroman could be dealt if he gets back on track. He still has two years of control after this one, plus AA drafted him. Might be an interesting target if he's healthy and throwing better.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,974 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wowbobwow View Post
    I was thinking the exact same thing.. try to nab that late-inning reliever who was been absolutely dominant this year, but from the Royal's perspective might be a sell-high candidate. Let's not forget he lost the closer's job last season. This is a realistic package and one I could see AA going for.

what would be a realistic price for these 2 players come July31?
    I think one of Peterson, A-Jax, Fried, Touki, Wisler, Wilson, Sims, or Wentz for a starting point. Then probably add one or two low level prospects like Isranel Wilson, Seymour, Didder, Herbert, etc. May be throw in Ruiz. So a possible trade could look like:

Royals get: Max Fried, Rio Ruiz, Isranel Wilson, and a PTBNL

Braves get: Mous and Herrera

If cash needs to be involved, we have to instead include to of the 1st group instead of Ruiz and Wilson.
    Last edited by Carp; 05-25-2018 at 08:25 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    It is just absurd to me that we are offering good prospects for a player at third that isn't even an upgrade. Mind numbing.
    Natural Immunity Croc

20. The Following User Says Thank You to thethe For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (05-25-2018)

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    I think one of Peterson, A-Jax, Fried, Touki, Wisler, Wilson, Sims, or Wentz for a starting point. Then probably add one or two low level prospects like Isranel Wilson, Seymour, Didder, Herbert, etc. May be throw in Ruiz. So a possible trade could look like:

Royals get: Max Fried, Rio Ruiz, Isranel Wilson, and a PTBNL

Braves get: Mous and Herrera
    I could live with that trade but just no to trading Touki. He is doing more than "flashing" potential now. I'd rather keep him....but I know any trade will suck for us prospect hoarders...

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Deester11 For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (05-25-2018), jpx7 (05-25-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    I would rate Bryse Wilson ahead of Touki.

In thinking about who I'm willing and not willing to trade for someone like Moose or Beltre, the pitchers on my do not trade list are: Wright, Allard, Wilson, Anderson, Touki.

The guys I'm willing to trade are: Wentz, Fried, Wisler and Sims.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

24. The Following User Says Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (05-25-2018)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,974 Posts
    It is just absurd to me that we are offering good prospects for a player at third that isn't even an upgrade. Mind numbing.
    If Camargo can do enough to hold the job, I'm sure it won't be an issue. I'm a Camargo supporter, but there's better than a decent chance well need to grab an upgrade at the deadline. Also, it lets Camargo move back into a supersub role and it means no more Culberson. It makes the bench deeper and gives us a lot of options in case of injury or performance to Dansby or Albies.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    If Camargo can do enough to hold the job, I'm sure it won't be an issue. I'm a Camargo supporter, but there's better than a decent chance well need to grab an upgrade at the deadline. Also, it lets Camargo move back into a supersub role and it means no more Culberson. It makes the bench deeper and gives us a lot of options in case of injury or performance to Dansby or Albies.
    Camargos defense needs to play everyday at third. He is a tremendous positive over there and I think he will hit enough at the bottom of the order where he will produce 2-3 WAR extrapolated over a full season.
    Natural Immunity Croc

27. The Following User Says Thank You to thethe For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (05-25-2018)

Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Camargos defense needs to play everyday at third. He is a tremendous positive over there and I think he will hit enough at the bottom of the order where he will produce 2-3 WAR extrapolated over a full season.
    Fortunately this decision doesn't have to be made right now. By the time a potential trade is made, we will have a better idea whether or not Camargo is the answer at 3B. If he's on a 2-3 WAR pace near the deadline I doubt the Braves will make a deal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,967 Posts
    To say that Moose isn't an upgrade is a bit ridiculous. You're basing that on your fantasy projection of Camargo that he's never done in real life. I worry more about him being a lefty... I would rather have a right handed power bat so I'm warming to Beltre... a clear upgrade and won't cost much. I worry about his age and his recent power decline but he's still a clear upgrade at the moment. You can relax about Camargo... he's obviously getting his shot.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to zbhargrove For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (05-25-2018)

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    239 Posts
    Look, if Camargo keeps doing what he's done in his last 5 starts for 25 more starts than this won't be a question, but you can't assume that he's going to keep going because his sample size isn't long enough to sign and seal things and say "This is the real Johan Camargo!"
    Aggression with prospects is fine, but being stupid is not. There should be a way to find a happy medium between a Pirates like idea of being overly cautious with prospects and going stupidly fast with prospects.