Page 140 of 143 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142 ... LastLast
Results 2,781 to 2,800 of 2853

Thread: 2018 Trade Deadline ROSTERBATION

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,477 Posts
    Rosenthal saying Donaldson will be dealt by Friday. The Blue Jays won't offer him a QO because they don't want to risk him taking it and blocking Vlad Jr, so they want to get something for him before Friday's deadline. Rosenthal also said it's possible he goes unclaimed because of the $4 million he's still owed but that Toronto has included money for deals in the past. It's interesting, I'd take a shot. I was originally nervous about the price tag still being something somewhat valuable since they could just hold him and get a pick for him, but since that's not on the table, this could be really interesting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ9 View Post
    Rosenthal saying Donaldson will be dealt by Friday. The Blue Jays won't offer him a QO because they don't want to risk him taking it and blocking Vlad Jr, so they want to get something for him before Friday's deadline. Rosenthal also said it's possible he goes unclaimed because of the $4 million he's still owed but that Toronto has included money for deals in the past. It's interesting, I'd take a shot. I was originally nervous about the price tag still being something somewhat valuable since they could just hold him and get a pick for him, but since that's not on the table, this could be really interesting.
    I wouldn't give up anyone big for him, but i'd love to take a stab. I'd love if we could do a quantity over quality deal like we did with the Reds.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,150 Posts
    Donaldson is not exactly a perfect fit for need, but why not if he is relatively free?

Still need that left handed bat off the bench.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,676 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Southcack77 View Post
    Donaldson is not exactly a perfect fit for need, but why not if he is relatively free?

Still need that left handed bat off the bench.
    If Donaldson works out, Camargo has a .768 ops LH.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    The Jays unwillingness to gamble $18M on Donaldson in 2019 is a bit of a surprise, but it makes it more likely the Braves can get him for next to nothing.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,488 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ9 View Post
    I know a lot of people are down on Allard due to his lack of velocity....would you do Allard for Donaldson straight up with the Blue Jays paying all of his salary?
    Get off my lawn!

High School Draftee
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanforlife88 View Post
    I know a lot of people are down on Allard due to his lack of velocity....would you do Allard for Donaldson straight up with the Blue Jays paying all of his salary?
    I doubt he would cost that much, even with Tor eating all of his money.
    Last edited by Onlyonegoal; 08-29-2018 at 02:50 PM.

Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Onlyonegoal View Post
    1) I doubt he would cost that much, even with Tor eating all of his money. 2) Wouldn't Allard have to clear waivers to include him in the deal? And that wouldn't happen.
    Allard could be a PTBNL.

Mashin' to Mississippi
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    Does Donaldson even make it past the Cardinals? Wong is on the DL & Gyorko just hurt his groin & should be out a while

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,488 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steveAKAslick View Post
    Does Donaldson even make it past the Cardinals? Wong is on the DL & Gyorko just hurt his groin & should be out a while
    They would have to cover all of his $4m remaining...thats a big gamble on someone having a down year
    Get off my lawn!

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    this is what i'm getting at, claiming a guy with no intention to actually trade for him just to block seems like it shouldn't happen.
    This is why 95+% of meaningful trades had to be made prior to last month's non-waiver trade deadline.

These rules have been in place forever, and the Braves have taken advantage of the ability to "block" just like other teams have (and may do in this case).

The Indians are the first hurdle in my view - they may be willing to take his money on, use Kipnis as a utility guy, and move Ramirez to 2B. The Yankees and Red Sox are unlikely to place a claim for financial reasons - same with Oakland. Then it goes to the NL teams, and the only one I think might take on the money is Philly to keep him from getting to us.

On top of all that, we still don't know if AA has the room to soak up another ~ $3.8 million worth of salary for sure. Assuming he does (as I mentioned yesterday), I'd try to expand the deal to include Granderson as well.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    I don't see the Indians or Red Sox letting him slip past so it's probably a moot point. Arizona, St. Louis at Pitt would all likely be interested as well.
    Just don't see Boston taking that gamble - the money left on Donaldson's deal would push the Sox over the "major-max" threshold number (dollars plus picks).
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    399 Posts
    From MLBTR

3:49pm: Sportsnet’s Shi Davidi tweets that Donaldson will be out of the lineup tonight for Class-A Dunedin due to soreness in his calf and legs. Obviously, that’s an unwelcome development for all parties involved.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    Welcome Duda. There’s your bench bat.
    Ivermectin Man

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,975 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    Just don't see Boston taking that gamble - the money left on Donaldson's deal would push the Sox over the "major-max" threshold number (dollars plus picks).
    Toronto could eat the money though.

NL Rookie of the Year Acuña’s Bat Flip's Avatar
    Gaffney, South Carolina (Home of the Big Butt "Peach" on I-85)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    280 Posts
    Duda will do.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    As expected, Donaldson has cleared waivers.

Who gets him?

I'm guessing the Cards because Camargo has showed well enough that it isn't worth gambling on a guy who is a 50/50 bet to even be healthy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,676 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    As expected, Donaldson has cleared waivers.

Who gets him?

I'm guessing the Cards because Camargo has showed well enough that it isn't worth gambling on a guy who is a 50/50 bet to even be healthy.
    The braves should take a chance. If albies continues to falter, you could slide Camargo to 2b. I'm assuming Camargo is better at 2b than SS defensively

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    The braves should take a chance. If albies continues to falter, you could slide Camargo to 2b. I'm assuming Camargo is better at 2b than SS defensively
    Do the Braves have $4M to gamble on Donaldson's health?

To get the Jays to eat most or all of that cash, the Braves would probably have to send a 40+/45 prospect. Is that a gamble they want to take?

I don't think it was a coincidence that Duda was acquired immediately after news broke that Donaldson wouldn't play due to soreness in his calf. The plan was likely to trade for Donaldson if he was healthy, or stick with Camargo if Donaldson had any hiccups. Since they are sticking with Camargo they needed a bench bat.

I would be against gambling on Donaldson right now (depending on the cost, obviously), but it will be exciting to watch it all unfold. He could be this year's Verlander, as he has that kind of potential impact. He also could take 0 MLB PAs for the rest of 2018 due to injury.
    Last edited by Enscheff; 08-31-2018 at 12:42 PM.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,488 Posts
    speculation is that the Cardinals are going to trade for him, but even if he isn't they are saying donaldson will be traded by midnight tonight...

Wouldn't mind him over duvall who has options left
    Get off my lawn!