Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Any X-Men fans?

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,854 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    I agree. But certain XMen were part of the Avengers at various times, Wolverine, Storm, Rogue, Havoc, Sabertooth, Deadpool, Cable, and a few others I'm forgetting. Of course those characters ties to the Avengers are not even remotely as strong as Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, I'm not gonna pretend that's the case. I'm just pointing out they likely had an option to go with them and took it, but I think they killed Quicksilver to play nice. FWIW I think that Aaron Johnson's Quicksilver is the much cooler one.

Unrelated, I think that FOx only holds Fantastic 4 because they don't want Marvel to get it and do something cool with it. While I think there's limitations to the characters which has been a struggle, I think beyond that they don't want to see Galactus and/or Doctor Doom as the next big Marvel baddie. They're sitting on a Gold Mine of villains.
    Fun fact. Fox doesn't hold the movie rights to F4. A company called Constantin Films do out of Germany. They have partnered with Fox to allow them to produce the movie while Constantin distributes it. Now there are rumors of Constantin killing their films division and concentrating on other things. This was 6 months ago and if that were to happen I'm not sure if the rights would go back to Marvel or what.

Playing the Waiting Game
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts
    I still find it pretty ridiculous that this is a thing and that all Marvel created characters cannot be in the same film.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bj1133 View Post
    I still find it pretty ridiculous that this is a thing and that all Marvel created characters cannot be in the same film.
    Well that's what happened. Marvel was on verge of bankruptcy so instead of keeping films under one roof they just sold the film rights to different studios.
    Forever Fredi