282 Posts
    thethe is the only person who watches his teams, FYI

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BRule View Post
    thethe is the only person who watches his teams, FYI
    Well when someone makes a statement that is egregiously wrong then I will question whether or not they watch the team. Is that not fair? Like if I said that Melo was a tough nose defensive player who is a willing passer then I would expect you to question if I am watching th eKNicks at all.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,467 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    What are you talking about? Did you watch Kaep at all last year? He was impressive with how quick he got rid of the football. He isn't on a level of the top QB's with that just yet obviously but he was not scrambling all over the place like RG3 and Wilson trying to make those plays.

I don't know Zito...You are a really good football mind which makes me believe you really didn't want Kaep all that much last year.
    I watched Kaepernick plenty. The difference between Kaep and those other guys is the offensive line, which the Niners won't likely keep together because I imagine they'll spend the money on defense.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    I watched Kaepernick plenty. The difference between Kaep and those other guys is the offensive line, which the Niners won't likely keep together because I imagine they'll spend the money on defense.
    Davis is locked up. Staley I think still has a couple more years. Iupait is in the works. Boone is signed for cheap and they have Kilgore/Snyder to step in next year at center. The line is going to be around for at least 2-3 more years. At that point, the 49ers will have other guys ready to step in like Looney and whoever they draft in the next couple of drafts. 49ers don't draft for the current year. They draft for the future. Thats why they have taken defensive lineman/running backs/wide receivers in the last couple of years. Sure, they had to take a safety with their first pick but you want your first round pick to step in immediately.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Thethe, the media will crucify RG3 as soon as they can.
    How many popular black athletes are conservatives like rg3? I can't think of one.

Black guy gets rich, marries cute white girl, and is a conservative. Can't get much more Uncle Tom than that

He's a good role model for young black kids. He should be applauded for that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    How many popular black athletes are conservatives like rg3? I can't think of one.

Black guy gets rich, marries cute white girl, and is a conservative. Can't get much more Uncle Tom than that

I won't take that angle but I do like RG3 and hope he rebounds nicely.

Approaching Buddy Hernandez Territory ChapelHillMatt's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts
    I'm not worried about his body type. He took a lot of hits last year and got up from them, what he needs to do this year is to be more willing to give up on play to limit the shots he takes in the pocket. I hope he keeps running, it's what helps make him so hard to defend.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChapelHillMatt View Post
    I'm not worried about his body type. He took a lot of hits last year and got up from them, what he needs to do this year is to be more willing to give up on play to limit the shots he takes in the pocket. I hope he keeps running, it's what helps make him so hard to defend.
    If he keeps running he will get hurt even worse than last year. No QB can survive long term while running. Scrambling is one thing but a running QB will get knocked out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts
    If he keeps running he will get hurt even worse than last year. No QB can survive long term while running. Scrambling is one thing but a running QB will get knocked out.
    I just don't agree with that. I just think he has to be smart, as much as people complain about the option he didn't get hurt while running. He got hurt because he didn't run out of bounds and slid too late. Aaron Rodgers runs and he doesn't get hurt. You just have to know when to give up on a play.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    I just don't agree with that. I just think he has to be smart, as much as people complain about the option he didn't get hurt while running. He got hurt because he didn't run out of bounds and slid too late. Aaron Rodgers runs and he doesn't get hurt. You just have to know when to give up on a play.
    Matt, you can't compare how RG3/Kaep ran last year to what Aaron Rodgers does. Its not the same thing. Both RG3/Kaep need to stop running if they are going to survive in the NFL. Sure maybe one designed run a game and scrambles against man coverage but you can't run the read option and hope your QB is going to be healthy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts
    You can if you limit the hits you take.

I don't watch other QB's as much as I watched the Skins but I know what RG3 needs to improve on to stay healthy and I don't believe becoming a pocket passer is the answer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    You can if you limit the hits you take.

I don't watch other QB's as much as I watched the Skins but I know what RG3 needs to improve on to stay healthy and I don't believe becoming a pocket passer is the answer.
    But he is leaving himself vulnerable more often than he has to. It just takes one hit to end a season and the more you give defenses a chance to do it the more you are playing with fire.

RG3/Kaep will always scramble and have big gains on the ground. I just don't think designed runs are the way to go long term.

Scripps National Spelling Bee Finalist elmonthc's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesfan View Post
    Elmont is someone that knows whats up with RG3.
    If he stays healthy hell lead the skins to a sb imo. I hate thst hes in the nfc east. Just because hes fun to watch and I cqnt root for him since hEs a skin. Though I hate the cowboys and iggles more. Hes gonnqa kill the giants.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Just.a few years ago qb was a weak position in the nfl imo. Today, almost every team has a really good to great qb. A lot of good young qbs.

Giants are gonna be looking for one really soon. Hopefully nasib can be groomed much like rodgers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post

Hes gonna be a role model for all kids no matter the color. Every black kid who isnt a thug isnt an uncle tom

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elmonthc View Post
    Just.a few years ago qb was a weak position in the nfl imo. Today, almost every team has a really good to great qb. A lot of good young qbs.

Giants are gonna be looking for one really soon. Hopefully nasib can be groomed much like rodgers.
    The league is setup for QB's now. Its going to be interesting watching what they do with the whole read option movement. Will the NFL allow defensive players to tee off on QB's if they don't have hte ball? Thats going to be something worth watching. That is the only way I see the read option not working. Scaring the other teams caoch to stop running it.

The read option will continue to work because it makes the game 11 vs. 11 again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    The league is setup for QB's now. Its going to be interesting watching what they do with the whole read option movement. Will the NFL allow defensive players to tee off on QB's if they don't have hte ball? Thats going to be something worth watching. That is the only way I see the read option not working. Scaring the other teams caoch to stop running it.

The read option will continue to work because it makes the game 11 vs. 11 again.

To me the read/option is for cfb and should stay in cfb. Well see what that douche chip kelly does. Guy is a slimeball. Almost on the slick pete and kiffen level.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elmonthc View Post
    To me the read/option is for cfb and should stay in cfb. Well see what that douche chip kelly does. Guy is a slimeball. Almost on the slick pete and kiffen level.
    The NFL is about doing whatever it takes to win. If the read option is successful then its going to stay. With the level of athlete that we are seeing at the QB position now, I don't think its going anywhere.

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    This has nothing to do with running. I think the league is going to be shocked with how little Kaep is going to run next year. Its about being able to take shots in the pocket. Both Kaep and RGIII are not refined QB's in the sense they can read coverages quickly. That is going to lead ot more hits in the pocket. Kaep is much better suited to absorbing those hits.

Lol. Thethe continues to prove he knows nothing about RG3.

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts