Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Robert Griffin Appreciation Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesfan View Post
    Lol. Thethe continues to prove he knows nothing about RG3.
    So you are saying that the Redskins ran multiple route combinations like the Pats/Falcons would run for their QB?

You are a joke if you think RG3 and Kaep had to run difficult passing plays. They were babied their first year and need to prove more in the upcoming year. Both QB's were helped immenslely from the threat that they had running the football in addition to the overall running game of the team.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    So you are saying that the Redskins ran multiple route combinations like the Pats/Falcons would run for their QB?

You are a joke if you think RG3 and Kaep had to run difficult passing plays. They were babied their first year and need to prove more in the upcoming year. Both QB's were helped immenslely from the threat that they had running the football in addition to the overall running game of the team.
    Wow semi insightful from thethe. Shocked. Though I think RG3 may be slightly ahead of the curve compared to Kaepernick. Neither are dumb so in theory they can learn those plays unlike say Vince Young.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Wow semi insightful from thethe. Shocked. Though I think RG3 may be slightly ahead of the curve compared to Kaepernick. Neither are dumb so in theory they can learn those plays unlike say Vince Young.
    I don't really get why people think Kaep is behind some of these other QB's. He was basically a four year starter at NEvada (not a pro offense of course) and got to sit a 1 1/2 years learning Harbaughs/Romans offense. I don't think they opened the whole playbook but he was doing a great job releasing the ball early in the pocket last year. I will be interested to see what happens without Crabtree (very underrated receiver) this year and with more of hte playbook being used.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    He's behind cause he's in a different offense. Someone like Luck is ahead cause of running a complex offense at Stanford. RG3 is runnign a similar offense to his college offense. So unless harbaugh runs the same offense as he did in Nevada then he'd be fine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    He's behind cause he's in a different offense. Someone like Luck is ahead cause of running a complex offense at Stanford. RG3 is runnign a similar offense to his college offense. So unless harbaugh runs the same offense as he did in Nevada then he'd be fine.
    But don't you think that Kaep look really good last year considering it was his first playing time in the NFL? With his worth ethic and mental ability (high wonderlic score [doesn't mean everyhting]) that he will only get better? I mean, you can't really have better physical tools than Kaep.

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Tell me what route combinations you are talking about and I will answer your question.

You think the Redskins ran 1 route combination?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    But don't you think that Kaep look really good last year considering it was his first playing time in the NFL? With his worth ethic and mental ability (high wonderlic score [doesn't mean everyhting]) that he will only get better? I mean, you can't really have better physical tools than Kaep.
    He looked great, but many guys have looked great in small samples. I think the Superbowl in a way exposed potential weaknesses. He got smacked in the mouth a few times and was flinchy in the pocket.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Tell me what route combinations you are talking about and I will answer your question.

You think the Redskins ran 1 route combination?
    No, but they very rarely made Griffin go to more than one side of the field. Its typicall one or two reads and then run or get rid of the ball.

You can believe me or not but I know somoene who was family friends with the veteran RB the Skins signed (can't think of his name) that had a good year or two with the Packers. He said that were bringing RG3 along very slowly and used minimal multiple route plays. Maybe that changed by the end of the season but thats what they were doing for a majority of the year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    He looked great, but many guys have looked great in small samples. I think the Superbowl in a way exposed potential weaknesses. He got smacked in the mouth a few times and was flinchy in the pocket.
    No, it wasn't his best game but he still had a good game. If that is going to be his low then I am really stoked because he could have played a lot better. That was his 10th start IIRC so some growing pains are to be expected.

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Wait, so now you aren't talking about route combinations, you are talking about running plays to only 1 side of the field?

hmmm:
    http://www.hogshaven.com/2013/6/7/44...rt-griffin-iii

What about this, how many sides of the field were options on this play?
    http://www.hogshaven.com/2013/1/5/38...down-vs-saints

I could do this all day if you wanted. There are tons of analysis on Redskins plays on that site.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Wait, so now you aren't talking about route combinations, you are talking about running plays to only 1 side of the field?

hmmm:
    http://www.hogshaven.com/2013/6/7/44...rt-griffin-iii

What about this, how many sides of the field were options on this play?
    http://www.hogshaven.com/2013/1/5/38...down-vs-saints

I could do this all day if you wanted. There are tons of analysis on Redskins plays on that site.
    Multiple route combinations on the same play meaning that each side of hte field has a different route tree progression. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

THe play you linked was a two many route that converged at the same point in the field. How does that refute what was said?

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    While there are admittedly aspects of college offenses, as mentioned above, the Redskins still use plenty of pro-style concepts. While watching back through the Redskin season, you come across plenty of examples of west coast offense plays and other concepts used frequently around the NFL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    While there are admittedly aspects of college offenses, as mentioned above, the Redskins still use plenty of pro-style concepts. While watching back through the Redskin season, you come across plenty of examples of west coast offense plays and other concepts used frequently around the NFL.
    I won't argue too much because you watch every single play of every single game. I just go by what I saw and what I've heard but you would know much more than I would. If helathy I expect RF3 to improve just like I do Kaep. I think that if both stay healthy moving forward they have the highest upside in the league. There is no way to defense them. They can throw it on a line 60 yards down the field and can run past any linebacker.