Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2014 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame NOminees

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    Cats songwriting was A material. Too bad he become a Muslim. Not to hijack but Does he speak out on Terrorism or jihadism? Pro or Con? Anti-western?

I have a problem with KISS. to gimmicky for me. Gene Simmons deserves to be a marketing hall-of-fame not a rock n roll hall of game. Not to mention KISS is rumored to be somewhat of a fake band

You don't sell 100,000,000 records by not having talent or being good songwriters. Bon Jovi deserves a spot.
    Cat Stevens (now Yusef Islam) was extremely vocal after the 9/11 attacks speaking about against the terrorists. From other comments, he appears to be a very observant Muslim and that has sparked a few mini-controversies. He was somehow linked to terrorist plots according to Great Britain that kept him from gaining entry to the US in 2004, but that seems to have been cleared up and he travels freely now. As for his career, he's not the first (and won't be the last) who got off the show biz merry-go-round in search of deeper meaning.

I hope Linda Rondstadt gets in. She's in really tough straits. Has Parkinson's. A little exposure for her would be nice.

Not a big disco guy here, but have always loved Nile Rodgers (who along with Bernard Edwards was the musical heart and soul of Chic) and he's done a lot of cool stuff, so I'm kind of pulling for him.

And the Replacements are Minnesota's own, so I have to pull for them (even though I don't see how they really belong on this list).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    Cat Stevens (now Yusef Islam) was extremely vocal after the 9/11 attacks speaking about against the terrorists. From other comments, he appears to be a very observant Muslim and that has sparked a few mini-controversies. He was somehow linked to terrorist plots according to Great Britain that kept him from gaining entry to the US in 2004, but that seems to have been cleared up and he travels freely now. As for his career, he's not the first (and won't be the last) who got off the show biz merry-go-round in search of deeper meaning.

I hope Linda Rondstadt gets in. She's in really tough straits. Has Parkinson's. A little exposure for her would be nice.

Not a big disco guy here, but have always loved Nile Rodgers (who along with Bernard Edwards was the musical heart and soul of Chic) and he's done a lot of cool stuff, so I'm kind of pulling for him.

And the Replacements are Minnesota's own, so I have to pull for them (even though I don't see how they really belong on this list).
    I did not know Linda had Parkinsons.... Shame. She had one of the best voices I've heard to this day. Everyone wanted to work with her. She needs to be in.
    Ivermectin Man

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    In case you missed it by Cy's necro quote. I posted who got in and Ronstadt did.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CyYoung31 View Post
    EL. OH. EL.

You're no longer allowed to post in this thread.
    Poor baby. Truth hurts don't it? What did Lennon contribute that's truly brilliant? Hell what did he write that's really worth any thing without the Beatles? Imagine? Lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,524 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Poor baby. Truth hurts don't it? What did Lennon contribute that's truly brilliant? Hell what did he write that's really worth any thing without the Beatles? Imagine? Lol
    Dumbass, the stuff he wrote with the Beatles counts too. And it's some of the greatest music of all-time.

And the point is, he was considered a genius well before he got shot. And rightfully so.
    Last edited by CyYoung31; 12-19-2013 at 09:43 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CyYoung31 View Post
    Dumbass, the stuff he wrote with the Beatles counts too. And it's some of the greatest music of all-time.

And the point is, he was considered a genius well before he got shot. And rightfully so.
    And Cobain was too. We're talking historically. People gaining favor because of tragedy.

Also we have different opinions on genius. I don't consider writing good simple music to be genius. I woudl say someone liek Frank Zappa or if you want to go more modern, Trent Reznor. McCartney si the most "musical genius" of all the Beatles, probably followed by Harrison, then Lennon with Starr way behind.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,524 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    And Cobain was too. We're talking historically. People gaining favor because of tragedy.

Also we have different opinions on genius. I don't consider writing good simple music to be genius. I woudl say someone liek Frank Zappa or if you want to go more modern, Trent Reznor. McCartney si the most "musical genius" of all the Beatles, probably followed by Harrison, then Lennon with Starr way behind.
    No. Just no. Lennon did way more for music than Cobain. This was all acknowledged way before his death. Why do you think everyone tool his death so hard and still are today?

As far as Lennon's talent goes and his "complexity" you have no idea what you are talking about on so many levels. Just shut up.