Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Teheran to the DL

Arbitration Eligible Freshmaker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    522 Posts

Teheran to the DL

Right thumb contusion. The team brought up Luke Jackson to take his spot.

https://www.ajc.com/sports/baseball/...QvRfPPhaOfXzM/

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,493 Posts
    Really hope this is an extended stay....

He needs to be checked to figure out how a healthy guy under 30 years old can’t throw 90 mph
    Get off my lawn!

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    376 Posts
    There was a time I'd consider this a big loss, but I'd rather see anyone not named Wisler start over JT thgese days

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,856 Posts
    Maybe the time off can get him going again. JT at 90-91 can be successful. JT at 86 will get hit hard.

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Spankinghands was throwing harder and he is a position player.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    406 Posts
    Move him at the deadline just to get that contract off the books. Someone would take a chance on him.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,129 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBravos View Post
    Move him at the deadline just to get that contract off the books. Someone would take a chance on him.
    Doubt it.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    406 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    Doubt it.

Funny when people mention trading for Archer.

Archer .5 war 4+ era on disabled list

Julio .6 war 4+ era on the disabled list

Arbitration Eligible Freshmaker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    522 Posts
    Yeah I don't get why folks want to show Julio the door. He's not going to be the staff ace, but for $8M this year and $11M next season he's a bargain (esp compared to McCarthy's -0.2 WAR this season at 11.5M)

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,830 Posts
    Funny when people mention trading for Archer.

Archer .5 war 4+ era on disabled list

Julio .6 war 4+ era on the disabled list
    Smidge dif in respective stuff.
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    406 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpx7 View Post
    Smidge dif in respective stuff.
    Same results, and actually his “stuff” hasn’t been near the same as a few years ago (when he actually was great).

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    DOB- #Braves’ Teheran said he’s planning to start Friday vs. Padres provided no setbacks as he recovers from jammed thumb.

DL McCarthy, and go Julio-Sanchez-Newk-Soroka-Folty?

Awaiting a Promotion chipchildress's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyward View Post
    DOB- #Braves’ Teheran said he’s planning to start Friday vs. Padres provided no setbacks as he recovers from jammed thumb.

DL McCarthy, and go Julio-Sanchez-Newk-Soroka-Folty?
    god let's hope so. braves need julio badly.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    406 Posts
    Read a tweet today about Julio’s DL stint....that he’s hoping to regain velocity. If you are hoping to regain velocity back up to 91 and you are still in your 20’s with no major injury history. Dang.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts
    this season is quickly starting to look a little dicey. we're down to relying on folty and newk for everything. and it's hard to fully accept that both can go the rest of the way as well as they've started.

wtf is up with gohara and why isn't he getting regular starts?

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    406 Posts
    I like to beat dead horses. To think we could have had a few decent prospects for Julio and now he has little to no value. To me, it was the 2nd worse move for Coppy (HO trade in the lead by a huge margin of course).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts
    ok, but the braves have plenty of "prospects" as it is. they need players.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    406 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chipchildress View Post
    ok, but the braves have plenty of "prospects" as it is. they need players.
    If we moved him in 2016 for prospects....those prospects “would” be players (or very close) in 2018. That’s the point.

Think about having yet another solid pitching or position player in AAA, ready to be called up. We would most likely have that plus another good prospect in say AA.

The 2016 deadline was the absolute most we could have gotten for Julio. Coppy ask for a Sale type package and wasn’t reasonable. We could have gotten two top 100 guys. Even if they both weren’t top 30 guys...it would t have mattered. Many times the difference between top 50 or top 100 positions is simply age. Not always the case, we could have gotten and couple of Riley, Touki type players that year....easily.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,151 Posts
    If we moved him in 2016 for prospects....those prospects “would” be players (or very close) in 2018. That’s the point.

Think about having yet another solid pitching or position player in AAA, ready to be called up. We would most likely have that plus another good prospect in say AA.

The 2016 deadline was the absolute most we could have gotten for Julio. Coppy ask for a Sale type package and wasn’t reasonable. We could have gotten two top 100 guys. Even if they both weren’t top 30 guys...it would t have mattered. Many times the difference between top 50 or top 100 positions is simply age. Not always the case, we could have gotten and couple of Riley, Touki type players that year....easily.
    There is no firm reporting on what they were actually offered. There was never any sense I had from reporting or just the world at large that anyone through Teheran was worth a whole lot.

I personally think he would have been traded for any package that included a premium prospect, but that Atlanta decided that a middle or back end rotation piece that cost less than 12 million was worth more than some organizational depth.

I don't think even two years ago anyone would have looked at him as a playoff starter.

I preferred moving him. I did defend not trading him just to move him. Right now, lookin at 2019, I kind of wish they had just moved him. But he's arguably still worth a rotation spot at 11 million. Hard to say how up and down he's been. I think he's either about to be done or to go under the knife.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    406 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Southcack77 View Post
    There is no firm reporting on what they were actually offered. There was never any sense I had from reporting or just the world at large that anyone through Teheran was worth a whole lot.

I personally think he would have been traded for any package that included a premium prospect, but that Atlanta decided that a middle or back end rotation piece that cost less than 12 million was worth more than some organizational depth.

I don't think even two years ago anyone would have looked at him as a playoff starter.

I preferred moving him. I did defend not trading him just to move him. Right now, lookin at 2019, I kind of wish they had just moved him. But he's arguably still worth a rotation spot at 11 million. Hard to say how up and down he's been. I think he's either about to be done or to go under the knife.
    Two years ago he was killing it. Do you remember what was given up for guys that had come from nowhere like Porcello?? It was a massive sellers market with few options. I have no doubt we could have gotten a decent package. I have no doubt (now that we know the real Coppy), he was trying to rape everyone and Julio’s stuff wasn’t “that” good, so people just stayed away.

Why would you hold onto a good pitcher when you suck....have the one if the worst records in baseball, are rebuilding and not looking like it’s gonna get better very soon?? Julio was a top 10 pitcher in MLB for most of that year leading up to the deadline and was cheap and had years of control. He was the absolute BEST starting pitcher available at that deadline and was pitching about the best he ever had.

We dropped the ball period. It was a no brainer to trade him. He was due to regress...little did we know how much he would, but it was THE time to sell high on him.

Absolute boneheaded, short sighted decision.