Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: YNOT will contiinue, overreaction on my part for what I do as mod

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts

YNOT will contiinue, overreaction on my part for what I do as mod

When I am told to shut up trying to make the board better then I know I am not welcomed here.

So I am not going to spend hours playing a game that a lot of you like to play on my own time and at work no less because I get jumped on because some one called me a clown and no one came to my defense but piled on. This told me, this his not worth it. I am going to leave the board for that.

Sorry, you all did it, I did not. I defended myself and expected a backing but I got the opposite. There is no way you are going to reverse that.

57, Runnin should be happy because they won't see me getting there case. Enscheff, the brilliant poster will not see my remarks. To my other friends sorry. When I figure out FB I will remove myself.

Thanks for those I've known for 15 years, here and Scout, nice knowing you.

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,829 Posts
    Maybe reconsider? The board would certainly suffer.
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jpx7 For This Useful Post:

FreemanFan (06-10-2018), Jaw (06-11-2018), Managuarantano's Volunteers (06-10-2018), Prikichi (06-11-2018), UNCBlue012 (06-10-2018)

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,756 Posts
    This seems like an overreaction

5. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

Tapate50 (06-10-2018)

The Artist Formally Known as

Ventura's Stolen Bases

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    213 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpx7 View Post
    Maybe reconsider? The board would certainly suffer.
    I agree. AerchAngel, your point about not saying controversial statements if you don’t like the reactions wasn’t wrong in the game thread, I think people are just generally mod-sensitive because of the power dynamic, etc. I’ve always thought you were a good and reasonable poster/mod.

Though, with all of us joking about Braves players needing days off because it’s magic, you are definitely entitled to take days off. I find it often clears my head a bit to do so if I get thrown off a bit on the politics side, haha.
    Last edited by Managuarantano's Volunteers; 06-10-2018 at 06:21 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Managuarantano's Volunteers For This Useful Post:

UNCBlue012 (06-10-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,278 Posts
    Im sorry man if you felt I wasnt having your back. Its just that you basically threatened her with a ban just because you guys were going back forth. That isnt right, which is why I said something. I enjoy your posts and really hope you decide not to leave.

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TURBO View Post
    Im sorry man if you felt I wasnt having your back. Its just that you basically threatened her with a ban just because you guys were going back forth. That isnt right, which is why I said something. I enjoy your posts and really hope you decide not to leave.
    Well, most of us stayed completely out of that argument, and actually try to avoid most of them.

I always appreciate your comments... you are often extremely on target. I hope you reconsider.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    I wouldn’t let a nobody poster that contributes nothing to the board run you off.

GG is about the equivalent of Niners, and everyone just ignores him.
    Last edited by Enscheff; 06-10-2018 at 07:16 PM.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Enscheff For This Useful Post:

Managuarantano's Volunteers (06-10-2018), nsacpi (06-10-2018), UNCBlue012 (06-10-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    526 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mfree80 View Post
    Well, most of us stayed completely out of that argument, and actually try to avoid most of them.

I always appreciate your comments... you are often extremely on target. I hope you reconsider.
    This board to me is toxic way too much. You've got half the threads becoming cesspools because a bunch of immature people feel the need to attack others simply because they disagree with their opinion. Isn't this supposed to be a community of friends who are here because we all share a common interest? Why must we pile on one another because of a difference of opinion.

Danville Rookie
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    I really hope you will reconsider, AA. I have enjoyed your contributions to this board. Not just the YNOTs, although I greatly appreciate the time and effort you have put into them.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to FreemanFan For This Useful Post:

buck75 (06-11-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Been a while since we’ve had a good old fashioned rage quit
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    the most amazing part is she has been trying to bait someone into banning her...nothing subtle about it
    Last edited by nsacpi; 06-10-2018 at 08:26 PM.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Where's My Cup of Coffee?
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    I wouldn’t let a nobody poster that contributes nothing to the board run you off.

GG is about the equivalent of Niners, and everyone just ignores him.
    Pretty much this, though I don't think she has gotten quite to everyone's ignore list yet, though she'll probably soon join AA as the only person on the board I do have on ignore just because neither provide anything of substance ever. AA, I've been seeing you post since the Fanhome days, and while I can't say I typically have agreed with you much of the time, you are a good poster and we need all viewpoints to have a balanced board, and I think it is a poor idea to let a crappy poster run you off over an argument.

On a random side note, this was a really weird way for me to find out there was a chopcountry facebook page.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    I don't know the specifics here, but you're definitely a valuable part of this community and anyone who says otherwise can GTFO.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    557 Posts
    How about you stop being a vagina.... :)

The Artist Formally Known as

Ventura's Stolen Bases

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    213 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCBrave View Post
    This board to me is toxic way too much. You've got half the threads becoming cesspools because a bunch of immature people feel the need to attack others simply because they disagree with their opinion. Isn't this supposed to be a community of friends who are here because we all share a common interest? Why must we pile on one another because of a difference of opinion.
    I think like 90% of us argue in good faith, with a little meme creation as ribbing other posters (i.e. the whole team/board needs a day off tomorrow so they can get right, we need to demote everyone to AAA, fake quote nation). I haven’t seen many super offensive arguments lately.

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Managuarantano's Volunteers View Post
    I think like 90% of us argue in good faith, with a little meme creation as ribbing other posters (i.e. the whole team/board needs a day off tomorrow so they can get right, we need to demote everyone to AAA, fake quote nation). I haven’t seen many super offensive arguments lately.
    It has actually gotten a lot better of late, mainly because of a few posters sticking to excellent information and insights with fewer accompanying insults (well, a few still, but better).

To me, the problem is that the rude crap of the past has led to a culture where the BS stuff is considered the norm rather than the purview of just one or two.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to mfree80 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,481 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    It’s AA.

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,353 Posts
    Man you miss a few day of keeping up and **** hits the fan. Honestly don’t know why anyone gets that worked up over any of this. Remember. You are just typing little letters and numbers on a screen. Then you look up and that is when reality starts. Have fun here. It is rare to be able to escape the real **** that happens in life. Don’t let the fake **** bring you down.
    Coppy

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bravesfanMatt For This Useful Post:

Jaw (06-11-2018), jpx7 (06-11-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Ban?

Please. Ask Sav what I do when i have an issue with an poster. I tell him. I am not going to ban or even abuse my power in no way shape or form and haven't unless someone attack me. Ask Runnin what I did to him. He cussed me out in PM, but I did nothing to him.

You and Cy should understand something, I am not a moderator, I just use the function so I can do YNOT. If I have any problems I go to Sav that is our understanding. You did not help the situation at all, actually it was you that prompted me to leave because you basically jumped in my case for something I could not do even if I wanted to.

I was amazed when you did that and it pissed me off frankly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Cy you can kiss my ass while you at it, bud.

I am going to stay, but pull this crap again, there will be no asking me to comeback.

I have mod powers because of YNOT, nothing more, nothing less. I have a board I admin and enough headaches on that one that has thousands of members. I just want to have some fun and maybe educate a few people on here with my Contrarian point of view.