Thread: My two cents (it may not be worth that much).

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    406 Posts

My two cents (it may not be worth that much).

I am past tired of seeing Fried, Gohara...heck even Wisler being jerked up and down and when actually given a chance...it’s mostly from the bullpen.

Look at Newk. If he looks shaky...it’s usually in the first inning. If he was a reliever, you might come to think he was struggling because when he gives up hits and runs...it’s usually the first inning. So if he was pitching one inning at a time...guess how he would look?

Put McCarty or Sanchez in the pen. They know how to prepare for that. All of these young starting pitchers need to START. If that’s in AAA...so be it. In my opinion...sticking these starters in the bullpen and giving them an inning here and there not only messes with how they are used to preparing for a game as a starter, but also doesn’t help their confidence because they can’t go back out and iron out what is wrong the next inning. They HAVE to be able to do that to learn.

They are about to make me loose it over what ever the heck they are doing with Gohara!!

Rant over.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,988 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBravos View Post
    I am past tired of seeing Fried, Gohara...heck even Wisler being jerked up and down and when actually given a chance...it’s mostly from the bullpen.

Look at Newk. If he looks shaky...it’s usually in the first inning. If he was a reliever, you might come to think he was struggling because when he gives up hits and runs...it’s usually the first inning. So if he was pitching one inning at a time...guess how he would look?

Put McCarty or Sanchez in the pen. They know how to prepare for that. All of these young starting pitchers need to START. If that’s in AAA...so be it. In my opinion...sticking these starters in the bullpen and giving them an inning here and there not only messes with how they are used to preparing for a game as a starter, but also doesn’t help their confidence because they can’t go back out and iron out what is wrong the next inning. They HAVE to be able to do that to learn.

They are about to make me loose it over what ever the heck they are doing with Gohara!!

Rant over.
    Hard not to agree... glad Gohara is going back to AAA to get back in shape. I really hope he can shake off the mental and emotional difficulties and commit to staying in shape because his arm is truly special. A healthy Gohara in the rotation with the progress of Folty, Newk, and Soroka would be deadly. I also do not want to give up on Fried or Wisler yet... I want to see what Fried can do after working on the sinker more and I still think Wisler is useful... but Wisler may be most useful in a trade. Although with what he's done so far, its going to be hard to put Sanchez in the pen... he's not super old and he was a good starter at one point.
    Last edited by zbhargrove; 06-17-2018 at 01:05 PM.