Day off
    3 VS ARI
    ALL STAR BREAK JULY 16-19
    3 @ WAS
    2 @ MIA
    Day off
    4 VS LAD
    3 VS MIA

That is 34 games leading up to the trade deadline with this team. I broke this down because you don't know how the roster shakes out after the deadline.

Post Deadline Schedule

4 @ NYM
    Day off
    3 @ WAS
    3 VS MIL
    3 VS MIA
    4 VS COL
    3 @ PIT
    4 @ MIA
    Day off (ouch)
    2 VS TB
    1 VS CHC
    3 VS PIT
    3 VS BOS
    4 @ ARI
    3 @ SF
    Day off
    3 VS WAS
    3 VS STL
    4 VS PHI
    Day off
    3 @ NYM
    3 @ PHI

Seems we have a tough schedule before and after the deadline coming up. I put up the rest of the schedule to get to this. We are currently 71 games through the season, 91 games remaining. With the good work that we did earlier in the season, we are in a spot where all we have to do is play 48-43 over the final 91 games. That's only 5 games over .500....I feel 90 wins gets you to at least a playoff spot.

What record do you think is realistic as we are currently constructed now....will be curious to come back and see our predictions as the season goes on.
    Get off my lawn!

Mashin' to Mississippi
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanforlife88 View Post
    Remaining schedule up until trade deadline:

2 @ TOR
    Day off
    3 VS Bal
    3 VS Cin
    Day off
    3 @ STL
    3 @ NYY
    4 @ MIL
    Day off
    2 VS TOR
    Day off
    3 VS ARI
    ALL STAR BREAK JULY 16-19
    3 @ WAS
    2 @ MIA
    Day off
    4 VS LAD
    3 VS MIA

That is 34 games leading up to the trade deadline with this team. I broke this down because you don't know how the roster shakes out after the deadline.

Post Deadline Schedule

4 @ NYM
    Day off
    3 @ WAS
    3 VS MIL
    3 VS MIA
    4 VS COL
    3 @ PIT
    4 @ MIA
    Day off (ouch)
    2 VS TB
    1 VS CHC
    3 VS PIT
    3 VS BOS
    4 @ ARI
    3 @ SF
    Day off
    3 VS WAS
    3 VS STL
    4 VS PHI
    Day off
    3 @ NYM
    3 @ PHI

Seems we have a tough schedule before and after the deadline coming up. I put up the rest of the schedule to get to this. We are currently 71 games through the season, 91 games remaining. With the good work that we did earlier in the season, we are in a spot where all we have to do is play 48-43 over the final 91 games. That's only 5 games over .500....I feel 90 wins gets you to at least a playoff spot.

What record do you think is realistic as we are currently constructed now....will be curious to come back and see our predictions as the season goes on.
    I don't think the predictions for the rest of the season on Fangraphs and 538 are unreasonable, but I'd like to see the Braves continue to outperform predictions and win the division. (FG and 538 at at 85 and 89, respectively). I am thinking around 89-90, but if Folty, Newk and Soroka perform as I expect and someone else does a little better than I expect, I wouldn't be shocked to see 95 wins and a division title. Don't quite expect it, yet, but am a little hopeful.

Where's My Cup of Coffee?
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    220 Posts
    I believe that what we've done in the last month or so is probably what we will continue to do - 14-12 since our highpoint of 28-17. If we extrapolate that for the rest of the season it's 49-42 the rest of the way, good for 91 wins.

There are alot of variables there and with a young team, you never know. I do believe we will have a winning record - 82 wins (40-51) should not be difficult unless the wheels completely come off. If you had told me the Braves would have a winning record back in February, I would have been ecstatic. At this point, anything less than 85 wins will feel kinda like a letdown after the great start.

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,837 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jimsnores View Post
    I don't think the predictions for the rest of the season on Fangraphs and 538 are unreasonable, but I'd like to see the Braves continue to outperform predictions and win the division. (FG and 538 at at 85 and 89, respectively). I am thinking around 89-90, but if Folty, Newk and Soroka perform as I expect and someone else does a little better than I expect, I wouldn't be shocked to see 95 wins and a division title. Don't quite expect it, yet, but am a little hopeful.
    The longer the Braves over perform (compared to initial predictions) the better off they will be if the regression hits. Couple this with the way the Nats are seemingly under performing and it just increases the chance the Braves take the division. 538 already has the Braves playing 3 over .500 the rest of the way which is a big increase over where they were at the start of the season. The longer the Braves keep winning at the current pace the more that system thinks we are for real and it will just continue to climb.

Of course nothing is for certain but we are in the middle of the everything has go to right scenario and hopefully we address a couple of areas by the deadline to keep this thing going.

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    599 Posts
    I think we win 96 and the division. I honestly think Acuna is going to go on a major rampage that wins us several games with his bat alone. I also believe Gohara will be TOR good when stretched out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    we are going to hit a rough patch...against a portion of the schedule that everyone thinks should be "easy"...mass panic and gnashing of teeth will ensue...an emergency meeting by the Council of Elders will stabilize the ship...in the end we qualify for the second wildcard spot...soroka pitches us to victory in wild card...we win the league divisional series behind some surprisingly dominant pitching by the pen...but lose the NLCS in six

any questions?
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,837 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulavol View Post
    I think we win 96 and the division. I honestly think Acuna is going to go on a major rampage that wins us several games with his bat alone. I also believe Gohara will be TOR good when stretched out.
    Those two things happening would certainly push the win total higher.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,487 Posts
    Im thinking we make a big move around the deadline and add another BP arm or 2....

That helps keep the energy level back up. Inciarte goes on a tear in the second half. Him and Acuna go crazy at the top of the line up.

We finish around 93 wins and win the division on game 162, in Philly.
    Get off my lawn!