Thread: Mike Trout

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts

Mike Trout

With 2 teams in the WOrld Series who I could care less who wins as ESPN is near drooling I'm sure. Figured I'd drool myself over this kid. He's gonna be the next 300 million dollar player for sure, and unlike Kershaw, will probably be worth much more.

Over the last 2 seasons no player in baseball has been close to as awesome as Mike Trout, the only person who's outhit Trout the last 2 years is Miggy. But while Miggy is slow and a terrible defender, Trout is very fast and a very good defender.

Trout has recorded consecutive 10+ fWAR seasons, you know who the last player to do that was? Barroids

Trout is hitting like Pujols, but playing good defense in CF to boot. There are some flags on the kid of course, his K rate around 20% is a little high to keep his high average, as he ages and gets slower he'll need to cut those down a bit. Of course you never know when a player can lose it cause of injury or whatever (Grady Sizemore is a great example) but everyone should start watching Trout because there's a very real chance that when folks around my age are 80 and talking to whipersnappers about baseball Trout will be the player we pine about the most.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zitothebrave For This Useful Post:

Dvdrulez (10-20-2013), holden (10-20-2013)

Playing the Waiting Game
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts
    Angels did a decent job of getting him some games in LF and DH this year - something they should definitely try to do more of in the future, imo.

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    Best player in baseball.