Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MONDAY MINORS FINAL 6/2/18: Jenista debut for Rome

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,129 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Southcack77 View Post
    3.47 BB/9 since April to go with the 10.9k/9 and the 2.21 ERA.
    The control issues seemingly popped up out of nowhere with Anderson. I had never heard any mention of potential control issues early in his career, so I figured he would iron them out.

Anderson is a good prospect. I'm not sure where this "everyone hates Anderson" narrative comes from other than the mind of a low-IQ person.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    The control issues seemingly popped up out of nowhere with Anderson. I had never heard any mention of potential control issues early in his career, so I figured he would iron them out.

Anderson is a good prospect. I'm not sure where this "everyone hates Anderson" narrative comes from other than the mind of a low-IQ person.
    i've personally never stated "everyone hates anderson," or even close. i think:

1. saying his control is a major concern is silly
    2. lucas sims is not a good comp
    3. calling him a joker is a joker statement, bro.

and that's it.
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,151 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post

I don't know what you mean by "everyone hates Anderson."

I'm responding to one specific person that puts a Lucas Sims comp on him because (I believe) he didn't like the way the Braves handled that draft.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,049 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    i've personally never stated "everyone hates anderson," or even close. i think:

1. saying his control is a major concern is silly
    2. lucas sims is not a good comp
    3. calling him a joker is a joker statement, bro.

and that's it.
    1. Saying his control is a major concern is not silly at all. His control problems are very real and need to improve if he wants to be successful. And while the majority of young pitchers need to improve their control, the majority don't. Control issues are perhaps the biggest reason young pitchers with good stuff bust.

2. Young right handed prep pitcher with good fastball velocity and an excellent curve. Racks up lots of Ks and gives up few HRs but struggles with control. This could describe Anderson or Sims before AAA. But again, I don't expect Anderson to repeat Sims career trajectory. Sims is a floor.

3. Joker obviously carries much more meaning to you than to me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,049 Posts

I'm responding to one specific person that puts a Lucas Sims comp on him because (I believe) he didn't like the way the Braves handled that draft.
    I put a Sims comp on him because it fits. And as I've said all along, I'm not saying he's going to be another Sims. I'm saying Anderson is similar to Sims earlier I'm Sims' career.

People dismiss the Sims comp but never really address the merits of it. Prep right hander, first rounder, fastball that sits in the low 90s but can reach the mid 90s, very good curve, lots of Ks but control questions.

People also forget that Sims was pretty highly regarded until his control issues failed to improve and his HR rate jumped as he climbed the ladder. If Anderson's control issues resolve he'll be on the path Sims could have been on.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,129 Posts

I quoted your post, but the “everyone hates Anderson” comment is directed at the usual suspects with limited cognitive abilities.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,151 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    I put a Sims comp on him because it fits. And as I've said all along, I'm not saying he's going to be another Sims. I'm saying Anderson is similar to Sims earlier I'm Sims' career.

People dismiss the Sims comp but never really address the merits of it. Prep right hander, first rounder, fastball that sits in the low 90s but can reach the mid 90s, very good curve, lots of Ks but control questions.

People also forget that Sims was pretty highly regarded until his control issues failed to improve and his HR rate jumped as he climbed the ladder. If Anderson's control issues resolve he'll be on the path Sims could have been on.

Their numbers look nothing at all at like through the same point in their career.

I'm not going through it again though. I'm just gonna make snide comments from here on out. That ok?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,049 Posts
    Their numbers look nothing at all at like through the same point in their career.

I'm not going through it again though. I'm just gonna make snide comments from here on out. That ok?
    The numbers at low A were very similar (Sims was a little better). Sims' high-A numbers are out of line with his whole career. The difference in high A numbers seems to be what most people get stuck on.

Otherwise you're looking at two high K, high BB guys with low HR rates.