User Tag List

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021
Results 401 to 413 of 413

Thread: Zito's Song of the Day

  1. #401
    Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    7,557
    Thanks
    3,113
    Thanked 1,270 Times in 880 Posts
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    Best rock n roll band of all time
    Ummmmm. No.

  2. #402
    Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    DANGERZONE
    Posts
    17,523
    Thanks
    1,062
    Thanked 2,858 Times in 2,010 Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    Best rock n roll band of all time
    No, that's Zeppelin. Stones, like the Beatles were intros to the best that was on their way, Hendrix, Zeppelin, Floyd, etc.
    AJ does all the other things just as well if not better than Mac - zbhargrove

    I don't think Nolan Ryan should be a poster child for mechanics - SAV

  3. #403
    Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    7,557
    Thanks
    3,113
    Thanked 1,270 Times in 880 Posts
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    No, that's Zeppelin. Stones, like the Beatles were intros to the best that was on their way, Hendrix, Zeppelin, Floyd, etc.
    Zeppelin I agree

    If you say rock n roll, soft or hard, there is a difference.
    If you say soft rock, there are many better than the Stones and not close.
    If you say hard rock, there are a few better than the Stones.
    If you say a balance, still they aren't the best. Top 5 for sure.

    Queen dust them from the last sentence.
    Starship/Supertramp/Journey/Styx for soft
    Black Sabbath/Motley Crew for hard rock

  4. #404
    Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    DANGERZONE
    Posts
    17,523
    Thanks
    1,062
    Thanked 2,858 Times in 2,010 Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Motley Crue is garbage. Hot garbage.

    Best hard rock bands in order go (Including metal acts, not prog acts, punk acts, and predecessors like the Who and Hendrix)
    1. Zeppelin
    2. Sabbath
    3. AC/DC
    4. Metallica
    5. Guns N' Roses
    6. Aerosmith
    7. Van Halen
    8. Queen
    9. Soundgarden
    10. Iron Maiden
    11. Deep Purple
    12. Ozzy
    13. RATM
    14. Alice in Chains
    15 Judas Priest

    I'll stop there. I also didn't include Queen because they're pretty genre bending.

    Stones are probably the best of the blues rock driven bands who didn't really evolve way beyond it like Zeppelin, Rush, and Floyd.
    AJ does all the other things just as well if not better than Mac - zbhargrove

    I don't think Nolan Ryan should be a poster child for mechanics - SAV

  5. #405
    It's OVER 5,000! Runnin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    8,522
    Thanks
    3,459
    Thanked 2,357 Times in 1,620 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Motley Crue is garbage. Hot garbage.

    Best hard rock bands in order go (Including metal acts, not prog acts, punk acts, and predecessors like the Who and Hendrix)
    1. Zeppelin
    2. Sabbath
    3. AC/DC
    4. Metallica
    5. Guns N' Roses
    6. Aerosmith
    7. Van Halen
    8. Queen
    9. Soundgarden
    10. Iron Maiden
    11. Deep Purple
    12. Ozzy
    13. RATM
    14. Alice in Chains
    15 Judas Priest

    I'll stop there. I also didn't include Queen because they're pretty genre bending.

    Stones are probably the best of the blues rock driven bands who didn't really evolve way beyond it like Zeppelin, Rush, and Floyd.

    I wouldn't even call some of those bands rock'n'roll. Nor would I call what they play music, but that's another argument.

    Zepplin had their moment and they stole some good songs, but The Stones have proven that they are the best live band ever. Mick Jagger is a million times better than the high pitched screaming, no charisma Robert Palmer. And Keith Richards and Charlie Watts laying down the groove. Rock'n'roll comes from country and the blues and The Stones know their roots.
    Last edited by Runnin; 04-26-2019 at 02:08 AM.
    FF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

  6. #406
    Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    DANGERZONE
    Posts
    17,523
    Thanks
    1,062
    Thanked 2,858 Times in 2,010 Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    I wouldn't even call some of those bands rock'n'roll. Nor would I call what they play music, but that's another argument.

    Zepplin had their moment and they stole some good songs, but The Stones have proven that they are the best live band ever. Mick Jagger is a million times better than the high pitched screaming, no charisma Robert Palmer. And Keith Richards and Charlie Watts laying down the groove. Rock'n'roll comes from country and the blues and The Stones know their roots.
    Robert Plant. Robert Palmer came on a lot later.

    Rock and Roll came from the blues. Country injection came with Elvis. There was nothing country about Chuck Berry, the Beatles, etc. They were much more influenced by Howlin' Wolf and the old blues legends.

    Anyway, I would put any band musically on my list against any band out there. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it isn't good. And I was avoiding Prog acts like Floyd, Rush, etc. which can dance musically around almost any act out there.

    Zeppelin did steal songs. So did the Stones. So did any other band of that era. Because that's what they did. Sometimes giving credit, sometimes not giving credit. But Zeppelin is the best band to ever grace the world. Perfect vocals, perfect guitar, perfect bass, and perfect drums.
    AJ does all the other things just as well if not better than Mac - zbhargrove

    I don't think Nolan Ryan should be a poster child for mechanics - SAV

  7. #407
    Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    7,557
    Thanks
    3,113
    Thanked 1,270 Times in 880 Posts
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    I wouldn't even call some of those bands rock'n'roll. Nor would I call what they play music, but that's another argument.

    Zepplin had their moment and they stole some good songs, but The Stones have proven that they are the best live band ever. Mick Jagger is a million times better than the high pitched screaming, no charisma Robert Palmer. And Keith Richards and Charlie Watts laying down the groove. Rock'n'roll comes from country and the blues and The Stones know their roots.
    LMAO

  8. #408
    Hessmania Forever
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    10,723
    Thanks
    3,475
    Thanked 5,527 Times in 3,397 Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm hijacking zito's thread here. I don't know how many of you are Weezer fans and among Weezer fans how many have listened to The Teal Album, which is a ten-song collection of almost note-for-note covers of pop songs from the 1960s through the 1990s. It's really a lot of fun. Here's a clip from Weezer (joined by Curt Smith and Roland Orzabal from Tears for Fears) doing "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" live on Kimmel.


  9. #409
    Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    7,557
    Thanks
    3,113
    Thanked 1,270 Times in 880 Posts
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    I'm hijacking zito's thread here. I don't know how many of you are Weezer fans and among Weezer fans how many have listened to The Teal Album, which is a ten-song collection of almost note-for-note covers of pop songs from the 1960s through the 1990s. It's really a lot of fun. Here's a clip from Weezer (joined by Curt Smith and Roland Orzabal from Tears for Fears) doing "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" live on Kimmel.

    I don't watch those shows, what is their genre?

  10. #410
    It's OVER 5,000! Runnin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    8,522
    Thanks
    3,459
    Thanked 2,357 Times in 1,620 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is too funny, and in a Braves cap. Skynyrd did indeed know how to stack a bunch of guitar tracks.

    FF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

  11. #411
    Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    DANGERZONE
    Posts
    17,523
    Thanks
    1,062
    Thanked 2,858 Times in 2,010 Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    AJ does all the other things just as well if not better than Mac - zbhargrove

    I don't think Nolan Ryan should be a poster child for mechanics - SAV

  12. #412
    Fredi Gonzalez Supporter Dalyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Your mom
    Posts
    12,452
    Thanks
    5,971
    Thanked 5,221 Times in 3,017 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

  13. #413
    Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    DANGERZONE
    Posts
    17,523
    Thanks
    1,062
    Thanked 2,858 Times in 2,010 Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    AJ does all the other things just as well if not better than Mac - zbhargrove

    I don't think Nolan Ryan should be a poster child for mechanics - SAV

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •