So just to talk about general music stuff. No real rules. Aside from kind of don't be a dick and put down other people's tastes. You can argue opinion (i.e. Randy Rhoads is a better guitarist than Eddie Van Halen) but be respectful.

To start. I think Guns N' Roses were one of the most waste of talent that has ever existed. I mean the reality is that they were so volatile they were gonna explode at some point. But they're sadly just never quite living up to their potential. I mean Appetite was as great of an album as there ever was. It was a raw combo of Punk, Hard Rock, Heavy Metal, and a bit of Arena. Songs that could be played in a dingy club or in front of 50K fans. But the band had all the talent in the world. Axl had all the vocal range in the world. Izzy was a modern day Keith Richards. Duff could hold the rhythm section all on his own. Slash was as great of a lead guitarist as there was in his era. Drums were their weakest point and they still were holding their own.Sadly no album came as close to Appetite. Lies had some decent stuff, Use Your Illusion was hugely ambitious and contains a ton of great hits, but so many mediocre to bad songs. They just never quite hit the heights of their first album.

Guns N' Roses aren't the only band to do that. But they're one of the biggest who did it without someone dying involving. Ironically the same basic thing happened with Velvet Revolver. Their first album was so great. And the second had some hits and it failed.