Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Michael Brantley in 2019

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    I think Brantley would be a great sign. I would also like to see us target some reclamation projects that might be willing to sign on for cheaper year long contracts as quality 4th outfielders. The market is littered with them next year. Cargo, Craig Gentry, Carlos Gomez, Maybin, Rasmus, Pence, Melky, etc. Either that or go after a utility option that could play both outfield and infield like Daniel Descalso, Marwin Gonzalez, or Eduardo Escobar for a little more money. I'd like to see us make a real effort to field an elite bench next year. On a side note, the more I look at Escobar the more I start to like him. He'll only be 30 which is pretty young for the FA class, he won't cost TOO much, he is a switch hitter, he can play basically anywhere on the field, and most importantly he hits righties MUCH better than lefties which means he could platoon with Camargo if need be.

Geez the more I look at him the more I might be convinced we should be targeting him in free agency. Hell, maybe we should even try to make a deal for him if we could get him at a reasonable cost from the Twins. He is basically as good a fit as Solarte is for us, but a year younger.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BeanieAntics For This Useful Post:

Jaw (07-20-2018), jpx7 (07-20-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanieAntics View Post
    I think Brantley would be a great sign. I would also like to see us target some reclamation projects that might be willing to sign on for cheaper year long contracts as quality 4th outfielders. The market is littered with them next year. Cargo, Craig Gentry, Carlos Gomez, Maybin, Rasmus, Pence, Melky, etc. Either that or go after a utility option that could play both outfield and infield like Daniel Descalso, Marwin Gonzalez, or Eduardo Escobar for a little more money. I'd like to see us make a real effort to field an elite bench next year. On a side note, the more I look at Escobar the more I start to like him. He'll only be 30 which is pretty young for the FA class, he won't cost TOO much, he is a switch hitter, he can play basically anywhere on the field, and most importantly he hits righties MUCH better than lefties which means he could platoon with Camargo if need be.

Geez the more I look at him the more I might be convinced we should be targeting him in free agency. Hell, maybe we should even try to make a deal for him if we could get him at a reasonable cost from the Twins. He is basically as good a fit as Solarte is for us, but a year younger.
    I like the Eduardo Escobar suggestion. He would be a good trade deadline pickup. Probably cheaper than guys like Cabrera and Moose
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Arizona Fall Leaguer
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    If we're looking at trade candidates, I wouldn't mind Nomar Mazara.

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    I like the Eduardo Escobar suggestion. He would be a good trade deadline pickup. Probably cheaper than guys like Cabrera and Moose
    Yeah he seems right in line with the other guys that you and I have discussed as good fits.