Thread: The Rise Of Touki

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts

The Rise Of Touki

I noticed that Touki is starting tonight for Gwinnett so I decided that I was going to dig in to his stats a little bit to see just how good he has been this year. This guy has gone from an intriguing pitcher prospect with good stuff to a force of nature this year that looks like one of the best RHP prospects in the game. I'm really starting to buy in to Keith Law ranking him 22nd, and I hardly ever agree with that guy. In fact I think he is currently a better prospect than Wright is. It has taken him a few years, but picking up Bronson Arroyo's contract is finally starting to pay off.

He has a 2.82 ERA across AA-AAA right now as a 22 year old. He has outpitched his FIP which is currently around 3.50, but that is still very good. He is striking out 29.3% of the hitters he is facing right now for a 10.9 K/9 and has gotten his BB/9 down to a reasonable 3.77 number. All of his numbers look fantastic at the moment. Based on the reports I've read on him the fastball is still sitting in the mid 90s while occasionally riding up into the upper 90s. His curveball is still one of the most impressive pitches in the organization. And his changeup has finally caught up to be a good 3rd pitch.

I don't know if I'm getting hyped for him a little too early or maybe I've had too many posi-braves rub off on me and I need to go take a shower. But Touki has taken the mantle of my favorite prospect currently. I hope we keep him down until next year, but I think he is currently our best bet in the farm system of having a dominant starter in the rotation.

I swear I'm still not a pozzy, but it's Touki Time

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BeanieAntics For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (07-21-2018), jpx7 (07-20-2018)

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    I致e always been high on Touki, but his youth and rawness combined with the inherent volatility of SP prospects convinced me not to let my expectations run wild. Wow, what a promising year he痴 having, though.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (07-21-2018)

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,363 Posts
    Nope. Some scout said he is just average guy who can’t miss enough bats.
    Coppy

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,129 Posts
    I know I知 guilty of constantly forgetting how young Touki is. I知 not sure why that is, but I知 guessing it has to do with the fact he came over with a group of older prospects and I lump them together mentally.

Spring Training Invitee
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    I know I知 guilty of constantly forgetting how young Touki is. I知 not sure why that is, but I知 guessing it has to do with the fact he came over with a group of older prospects and I lump them together mentally.
    He played HS ball in Florida. Drafted at 17 as a very raw talent. Thankfully, Dave Stewart wanted no part of trying to develop him.

There are so many arms in this system it is absurd. Wright, Touki, Allard, Soroka, Gohara, Anderson, Wentz, Weigel, Fried, Muller, Wilson. That's a tremendous amount of currency when we are ready to go all in. A great time to be a Braves fan.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to OcalaBrave For This Useful Post:

USMA76 (07-20-2018)