Pretty solid list considering the source

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post
    Pretty solid list considering the source
    They also have Waters and Fried listed as 55 FVs. Which if you translate it from Pipelinese, means that they just barely missed the top 100. Is Pipeline really just too lazy to try to put actual grades on guys after the top 20? Every single list I see from them has every player 21ish-100 listed as a 55, about 100 players after that listed as a 50, and then everyone else in the minors gets a 45 lol. A 40 grade prospect in their eyes would have to be so incompetent at life that he'd have to wear a diaper.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    No love for Bryce Wilson and Drew Waters makes me a sad panda.

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,863 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    No love for Bryce Wilson and Drew Waters makes me a sad panda.
    Id consider being slapped with a 55 FV from them is getting some love.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,135 Posts
    Id consider being slapped with a 55 FV from them is getting some love.
    Considering the entire Top 100 is 55s.

This is the same outfit who tabbed something like 65 draft eligible guys as 50+...which is an average MLB player.

Maybe their FVs are juuuuuust a bit inflated haha.

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,863 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    Considering the entire Top 100 is 55s.

This is the same outfit who tabbed something like 65 draft eligible guys as 50+...which is an average MLB player.

Maybe their FVs are juuuuuust a bit inflated haha.
    Yeah. The grade themselves are inflated but the actual order seems pretty legit. I'd personally have Waters as a 50 FV on the outside of the top 100.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Yeah. The grade themselves are inflated but the actual order seems pretty legit. I'd personally have Waters as a 50 FV on the outside of the top 100.
    Interesting that a lot of the trades for relievers going down the past couple days involve 40s and 45s. I think we can fill our needs without moving anyone we really care about
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    Interesting that a lot of the trades for relievers going down the past couple days involve 40s and 45s. I think we can fill our needs without moving anyone we really care about
    Just hate that we missed out on getting two from the White Sox in the same deal - wonder if Ynoa, Davidson, and De La Cruz might've gotten us Soria and Avilan.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,123 Posts
    Contreras is gonna be a fast riser imo. He’s got the bat and the catching skills to be our catcher for a long time.

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    239 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hudson2 View Post
    Contreras is gonna be a fast riser imo. He’s got the bat and the catching skills to be our catcher for a long time.
    I kinda doubt it. I've heard that his defense still needs work. It'll probably be slightly faster than Willson Contreras for him...maybe the end of 2020.

Drew Waters is more likely to get on the fast track... He'll probably be like Ronald Acuna, start in A+ with the chance of moving quickly if he blows up, he's possibly going to be in AA for half of next year I think.
    Aggression with prospects is fine, but being stupid is not. There should be a way to find a happy medium between a Pirates like idea of being overly cautious with prospects and going stupidly fast with prospects.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,151 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaGirl View Post
    I kinda doubt it. I've heard that his defense still needs work. It'll probably be slightly faster than Willson Contreras for him...maybe the end of 2020.

Drew Waters is more likely to get on the fast track... He'll probably be like Ronald Acuna, start in A+ with the chance of moving quickly if he blows up, he's possibly going to be in AA for half of next year I think.
    Don’t see the need to fast track anyone personally.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Southcack77 For This Useful Post:

50PoundHead (07-31-2018)

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    239 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Southcack77 View Post
    Don’t see the need to fast track anyone personally.
    I'm not saying he's GOING to get on the fast track, just that it's possible he does. Even if AA is more **patient** it could mean a half year in A+ then half in AA for the kind of guy that I feel Waters is (next true Braves super prospect).

Plus...Florida rain days interrupting development.
    Aggression with prospects is fine, but being stupid is not. There should be a way to find a happy medium between a Pirates like idea of being overly cautious with prospects and going stupidly fast with prospects.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,135 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaGirl View Post

I'm going to guess the era of rushing prospects is over now that AA is in charge.

According to him, Acuna wouldn't have been promoted fast enough through the minors to even be an option for the MLB roster opening day. I'd expect to see Waters/Pache/Riley handled more like the Dodgers handled Verdugo than how the previous regime moronically handled Swanson/Albies/Acuna.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Enscheff For This Useful Post:

50PoundHead (07-31-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,123 Posts
    I meant through the rankings not to the MLB.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,704 Posts
    I'm going to guess the era of rushing prospects is over now that AA is in charge.

According to him, Acuna wouldn't have been promoted fast enough through the minors to even be an option for the MLB roster opening day. I'd expect to see Waters/Pache/Riley handled more like the Dodgers handled Verdugo than how the previous regime moronically handled Swanson/Albies/Acuna.
    Didn't AA pretty much do the same thing with soroka? He pitched 27.0 innings in AAA

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts

I think Riley will probably be up some time between September and May of next year, but for Pache and Waters yeah I think they are going to get a lot of time to develop. Which is a good thing.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,151 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Didn't AA pretty much do the same thing with soroka? He pitched 27.0 innings in AAA
    Man I’d like to get some good news on Soroka.

I’m not really In the second coming camp on him but he seemed like a guy who clearly belonged.

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    239 Posts

I'm not saying Waters is going to blow through three levels, I'm just going off of what I saw Toronto do with Vlad Jr and Bichette (although AA wasn't even there, so it could lean toward what the Dodgers do and they're doing weird things with Vlad Jr now in not moving him to AAA even though he's killed AA). I could see Waters split next year in A+ and AA if he's that super prospect that I think he is, then possibly be a September cup of coffee in 2020 after splitting his time in AA/AAA.

Contreras I don't see it, I think he stays in A+ for all of 2019, then very likely in AA for all of 2020 as well, then probably AAA for a lot of 2021 and then a September cup to make him mostly a year per level guy, unless his defense improves a lot. I think he does it a lot like Willson Contreras did it.

We probably won't see Pache until 2020 either, maybe mid 2020.

I don't think we see Riley until 2019, and possibly not right after the year is gained, maybe not even until the super two cutoff.

I'm not saying it's going to be similar, I'm thinking its going to be aggression without stupidity. I thought the Acuna call up to AA was dumb, and Riley's was even dumber because neither guy's performance warranted it.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,135 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    You don't see any difference between Soroka and Acuna/Swanson/Albies?

Perhaps the position they play? Maybe the state of the team's playoff contention at the time?