Game Two
    Bradenton @ Florida, ppd.

CLASS A

Rome 7, Lexington 3

SP: De La Cruz 3 IP, 6 H, 3 ER, 3 BB, 5 K
    WP: Rodriguez (3-3) 2.2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 3 K
    D.Hernandez (Save. 1) 3.1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 4 K

Ramos 1-5, 2 RBI
    Contreras 2-4, 2 R, 2B, HR (11th), RBI (.299)
    Jenista 2-5, R, RBI (.351)
    Encarnacion 2-4, 2B, R

SHORT-SEASON

GCL Braves 14, GCL Pirates 0

WP: F.Sanchez (3-2) 6 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 4 K
    Camacho (Save, 1) 3 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 2 K

Mateja 1-2, 2 R, 2 BB, 2B (.400)
    B. Vasquez 2-5, 2B, HR (2nd), 4 RBI
    J. Fernandez 2-4, HR (5th), RBI
    Brown 3-4, HR (2nd), 3 RBI
    Zamora 2-5. 2B. R, RBI
    Florentino 2-5, HR (2nd), 2 RBI

-------------------

Danville 7, Johnson City 5

SP: KIngman 3 IP, 4 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 0 K
    WP: Shetter (1-1) 3 IP, 4 H, 3 ER, 0 BB, 3 K
    Simmons (Save, 1) 3 IP, 3 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 4 K

Quintero 3-4, R, 2 RBI
    Moritz 2-5. 3B. R, 2 RBI
    Soria 1-4, 2 RBI

---------------

DSL Dodgers 6, DSL Braves 3 (10)

SP: Ascencio 4 IP, 2 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 6 K
    Bautista 1.1 IP, 2 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 0 K
    Ciriaco 3.2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 2 BB< 4 K
    LP: Vasquez (1-5) 1 IP, 3 H, 3 ER, 1 BB, 1 K

Stevens 1-4, 2 RBI
    Medina 2-4, R
    Last edited by rico43; 07-27-2018 at 10:30 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rico43 For This Useful Post:

buck75 (07-27-2018), jpx7 (07-27-2018), Super (07-27-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,048 Posts
    They might actually play in Florida today.

Danville Rookie
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    109 Posts
    Ian Anderson

5 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 0 BB, 6 SO

Anderson had a perfect game through 4.1 innings and then gave up 3 straight hits and a run.

Cristian Pache

2-3, 2 2B
    Last edited by ball4life32; 07-27-2018 at 04:12 PM.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ball4life32 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (07-27-2018), Tapate50 (07-27-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,048 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ball4life32 View Post
    Ian Anderson

5 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 0 BB, 6 SO

Anderson had a perfect game through 4.1 innings and then gave up 3 straight hits and a run.

Cristian Pache

2-3, 2 2B
    This is what I want to see from Anderson. Provided he stays healthy, his control will determine his success.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,896 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    This is what I want to see from Anderson. Provided he stays healthy, his control will determine his success.
    The 6ks in 5 don’t hurt either!
    Ivermectin Man

Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    265 Posts
    Waters out for his second game in a row

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,151 Posts
    You were right after all. Lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,048 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    The 6ks in 5 don’t hurt either!
    He's always had the Ks. The control hasn't always been great.

Danville Rookie
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    109 Posts
    Willam Contreras HR (11)

2-2, HR, 2B, BB

And he was 4-5 yesterday. Average over .300 now and has a .839 OPS.
    Last edited by ball4life32; 07-27-2018 at 08:00 PM.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Southcack77 View Post
    You were right after all. Lol.
    was he? i think those who weren’t concerned with his control and thought it was/would be fine were the actually-right ones.
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,151 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    was he? i think those who weren’t concerned with his control and thought it was/would be fine were the actually-right ones.
    Wait, you might be right..

Come to think of it, a Lucas Sims comp still seems ridiculous.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,048 Posts
    First, its way too early to declare Anderson's control problems done with. I hope they are but he's going to need to put up a full season with more consistent control to put those questions to bed.

Second, I know of no one who took the position that Anderson's control wouldn't improve. It would be ridiculous to predict such things for a kid his age.

Third, people freaked out about the Sims comp because they thought it was tantamount to saying Anderson would turn out like Sims. No one could grasp the comp was based on two young right handers with good velocity, excellent curves, lots of Ks, and control issues. You can object to everything else but those descriptors are true and were all I was trying to say. No one ever predicted Anderson to be another Sims. That's a worst case scenario.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to striker42 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (07-27-2018)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,151 Posts
    First, its way too early to declare Anderson's control problems done with. I hope they are but he's going to need to put up a full season with more consistent control to put those questions to bed.

Second, I know of no one who took the position that Anderson's control wouldn't improve. It would be ridiculous to predict such things for a kid his age.

Third, people freaked out about the Sims comp because they thought it was tantamount to saying Anderson would turn out like Sims. No one could grasp the comp was based on two young right handers with good velocity, excellent curves, lots of Ks, and control issues. You can object to everything else but those descriptors are true and were all I was trying to say. No one ever predicted Anderson to be another Sims. That's a worst case scenario.
    You intended the comp as a slight.

Backpedal all you like.

The best you’ve been able to salvage it is they are both right handed and throw fast balls and curve balls and change ups.

As an observation: young pitcher who is walking guys will need to walk less guys isn’t worth patting yourself on the back about. Far better to simply let this drop than try and spin it.

Just my view on it though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,988 Posts

Anderson has been consistent with his control for a while now. IMO he's emerged easily as our best pitching prospect not named Touki or Soroka.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts

lol. come on dude. like south said, back pedal all you want. some were never the slightest bit concerned about his control. you were sounding the alarm. as enscheff stated many times, he wasn’t a control-concern coming out. his “issues” just weren’t newsworthy or worrisome in the least. even people who saw him mostly said his control was actually fine despite the numbers.

the sims comp was indeed a slight, as was calling him a joker which you later said to “not read in to.” well, sorry, but it certainly was saying something about your thoughts on him.

he’s a really good prospect and his control is fine. which is what some said all along. i don’t feel much better about his control than i did two months ago either. he’s always been fine in my mind.
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,048 Posts
    If y'all want to call it back pedaling, go ahead. Just don't mistake expressing legitimate concerns as hate. I'll be happy to have my expressed concern be proven baseless.

And Anderson hasn't been showing great control for a while. He's putting up more games recently with good control but he's still been a little hit or miss. He's walked 3 in 3 of his last 7. That was 9 walks in 14 IP in those 3. Don't get me wrong, he's showing improvement but he still has work to do. The progress is very encouraging.

And for the record, the Sims comp was not a slight. I was a big fan of Sims until the last year or so. I was high on Sims potential. He just couldn't figure out how to throw strikes. I still think Sims has potential as a reliever.

Ive also suggested Nick Pivetta as a comp as far as stuff and potential though their minor league stats arent similar.

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    If y'all want to call it back pedaling, go ahead. Just don't mistake expressing legitimate concerns as hate. I'll be happy to have my expressed concern be proven baseless.

And Anderson hasn't been showing great control for a while. He's putting up more games recently with good control but he's still been a little hit or miss. He's walked 3 in 3 of his last 7. That was 9 walks in 14 IP in those 3. Don't get me wrong, he's showing improvement but he still has work to do. The progress is very encouraging.

And for the record, the Sims comp was not a slight. I was a big fan of Sims until the last year or so. I was high on Sims potential. He just couldn't figure out how to throw strikes. I still think Sims has potential as a reliever.

Ive also suggested Nick Pivetta as a comp as far as stuff and potential though their minor league stats arent similar.
    I don't think you meant it as a slight but I think you were off completely. I told you guys way back when he was in Rome all the way up what he was. A few fluke seasons didn't change the view. Anderson and Sims couldn't be more different.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,048 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Deester11 View Post
    I don't think you meant it as a slight but I think you were off completely. I told you guys way back when he was in Rome all the way up what he was. A few fluke seasons didn't change the view. Anderson and Sims couldn't be more different.
    I think people forget the potential a young Sims had. His struggles as he's advanced have overshadowed the once high ceiling. Or maybe I just liked Sims more.

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    I think people forget the potential a young Sims had. His struggles as he's advanced have overshadowed the once high ceiling. Or maybe I just liked Sims more.
    Not for me Striker. I mentioned in Rome that he just blew his straight FB by low level hitters. More than that, he was a mental wreck every time a guy got a hit. I saw some mental growth being honest but it never compensated for little movement of his FB. I like him, just never had him high I guess.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,128 Posts

LOL, not only are you an expert psychologist who is able to determine the mental state of the entire team via TV, you're also a gifted scout who compared Sims to Anderson when he was going through a rough stretch.

Can someone find his Anderson = Sims quote?