Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: WEDNESDAY AUGUST 1ST MINORS FINAL: 9+ no-hit innings in FLA

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpx7 View Post
    Funny that the consensus, at the time, was that Wentz and Muller needed to end up great to make the Anderson gambit worth it. Instead, he’s been far-and-away the best of the three, professionally, even before his recent summer dominance.
    yeah, which is kind of why judging on results here isn't necessarily bad. turns out anderson has, so far (!!), been worth it regardless of what those two have done or will do. he's been just about as good as any of the other consensus top-15 guys. we can call it luck if we want, or maybe someone saw a lot of projection.
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,831 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    I like this post, but I'd like to point out that Muller and Wentz BOTH have performed well for "first rounders" also. If that group is a trifecta of arms that "make it" then what a coup that is....
    They’ve both been good, if slower to develop and more injury-hiccuped; but Anderson’s performance, like I added to the above post, has sort of made that more moderate success seem like gravy. If Anderson had flopped, I think there’d (perhaps unfairly) have been a lot more scrutiny on Wentz and Muller and their fits-and-starts development.

Also funny that Anderson was billed as the “cold weather, bring along slowly” guy of the trio, and he’s hit the ground running a lot faster.
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,831 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    yeah, which is kind of why judging on results here isn't necessarily bad. turns out anderson has, so far (!!), been worth it regardless of what those two have done or will do. he's been just about as good as any of the other consensus top-15 guys. we can call it luck if we want, or maybe someone saw a lot of projection.
    I have no problem calling it a shrewd manoeuvre by the previous regime. I was disappointed at the time—more because I wanted to add some position-player talent than any objection to the specific pitchers chosen—but it seems like, based on minor-league returns heretofore, they made three very good calls at the top of that draft.

If Anderson continues to keep his BBs down, he looks to be the best of the bunch; but as Tapate said, it’s currently not unreasonable to hope they all “make it”, in some form or fashion, which would be a major coup.
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."