User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 79 of 79

Thread: More Evidence The Mets Are A Trash Organization

  1. #61
    Shift Leader CyYoung31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    7,551
    Thanks
    1,015
    Thanked 4,799 Times in 2,300 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    i have absolutely zero issues with bat flips. zero.
    Me neither. Nor admiring home runs. The only time I remember having a major problem with post HR antics was when that nut job Carlos Gomez decided to taunt Maholm while rounding the bases back in 2013.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CyYoung31 For This Useful Post:

    jpx7 (08-16-2018),Tapate50 (08-16-2018)

  3. #62
    PosiBraves Hell Gatekeeper
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    14,356
    Thanks
    28
    Thanked 4,021 Times in 2,445 Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    i have absolutely zero issues with bat flips. zero.
    Well....

    Many of the same people screaming about Acuna getting hit are the exact same people calling for Bautista to get hit last year. A simple search of past posts will find examples of what I'm talking about.

    I agree, getting mad at a bat flip is stupid. Getting mad at players for celebrating is stupid. Hitting batters intentionally is stupid.

    I'm just pointing out the gross hypocrisy shown by all (most) of the outraged members of this board.
    Gausman had a bad walk ratio for us -CrazyTrain 11/20/2018
    BB/9 with Braves: 2.72

    Fried, Newk and a couple other guys for Bumgarner and give him a pay day for 6ish years -CrazyTrain 10/15/18

    I analyzed Teheran's motion. He will be a CYA candidate in 2018-2020, and will be an extension candidate. Do not trade him -GovClintonTyree 12/17/15

    Matt Adams to the Tampa Bay Rays for Jake Odorizzi makes too much sense not to happen -clvclv 10/17/17
    Matt Adams non-tendered by Braves 12/2/17

  4. #63
    Arbitration Eligible
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    3,046
    Thanks
    691
    Thanked 722 Times in 472 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    Well....

    Many of the same people screaming about Acuna getting hit are the exact same people calling for Bautista to get hit last year. A simple search of past posts will find examples of what I'm talking about.

    I agree, getting mad at a bat flip is stupid. Getting mad at players for celebrating is stupid. Hitting batters intentionally is stupid.

    I'm just pointing out the gross hypocrisy shown by all (most) of the outraged members of this board.
    i'm not saying i disagree, but unfortunately for the world i only control myself.
    "You show your bias against me with your consistently negative reaction to my brazen lies."

  5. #64
    Steve Harvey'd
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    9,726
    Thanks
    1,060
    Thanked 2,794 Times in 1,676 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Southcack77 View Post
    What was the historic record he was about to break again?
    Leadoff homers in a row. Did I say he was going to break it. Or that the moment was nationally hyped. Do you think a idiot basketball guy or musicians or biased news org would be talking about it if it was just a guy getting intentionally hit.
    Coppy

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to bravesfanMatt For This Useful Post:

    jpx7 (08-16-2018)

  7. #65
    Steve Harvey'd
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    9,726
    Thanks
    1,060
    Thanked 2,794 Times in 1,676 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bat flips are no different than fist pumping after a K to save a game. Celebrate all you want. Just donít taunt.
    Coppy

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bravesfanMatt For This Useful Post:

    FreemanFan (08-16-2018),jpx7 (08-16-2018)

  9. #66
    On BBA's Top 100 Prospects List Ozzie's Chainz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Gaffney, South Carolina (Home of the Big Butt "Peach" on I-85)
    Posts
    704
    Thanks
    102
    Thanked 68 Times in 46 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NinersSBChamps View Post
    So should the Braves retaliate?
    Sutcliffe said it may be Spring Training or sometime next year but the Braves will retaliate if Urine steps into the batters box against them and it's not during a pennant race! They won't forget this!
    Last edited by Ozzie's Chainz; 08-16-2018 at 01:23 PM.

  10. #67
    Creepy Lurking Stalker
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 15 Times in 7 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    Folks here are irrationally mad that Acuna was hit with a pitch because they like Acuna.

    Folks here get mad at opposing players for bat flips, but Acuna gets a pass because they like Acuna.

    Folks here were happy to see Hamels plunk Harper in 2012 because they don't like Harper.

    Just admit the bias and move on. Batters get hit intentionally. Acuna got hit intentionally. It's not any worse than any other player getting hit intentionally, but folks here are going to moan about it for weeks.
    That doesnít characterize me at all. I think its stupid, cowardly, and bad for baseball to hit a batter just because that batter is doing well. If one follows that argument then the top hitter on every team will wind up injured simply because pitchers donít want to deal with them. Baseball would become very boring and few would continue to watch.

    Should hot pitchers be beaned as well so that the hitters wonít have to face them?

    It is absurd to say people are overreacting. Serious injuries happen all the time when batters get hit. Pitchers throwing max velocity to hit batters just because they are playing well is not something to just blow off as ďpart of the gameĒ.

  11. #68
    High School Draftee
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    51
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 16 Times in 9 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    Well....

    Many of the same people screaming about Acuna getting hit are the exact same people calling for Bautista to get hit last year. A simple search of past posts will find examples of what I'm talking about.

    I agree, getting mad at a bat flip is stupid. Getting mad at players for celebrating is stupid. Hitting batters intentionally is stupid.

    I'm just pointing out the gross hypocrisy shown by all (most) of the outraged members of this board.
    Didn't said batflip happen in a game when Toronto was down big late and after they had hit 7-8 Braves in the series and the same night Freddie was hit in the wrist?

  12. #69
    PosiBraves Hell Gatekeeper
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    14,356
    Thanks
    28
    Thanked 4,021 Times in 2,445 Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IAJon View Post
    That doesnít characterize me at all. I think its stupid, cowardly, and bad for baseball to hit a batter just because that batter is doing well. If one follows that argument then the top hitter on every team will wind up injured simply because pitchers donít want to deal with them. Baseball would become very boring and few would continue to watch.

    Should hot pitchers be beaned as well so that the hitters wonít have to face them?

    It is absurd to say people are overreacting. Serious injuries happen all the time when batters get hit. Pitchers throwing max velocity to hit batters just because they are playing well is not something to just blow off as ďpart of the gameĒ.
    I didnít say itís wrong to be upset about Acuna being hit intentionally.

    I said itís hypocritical for the same posters calling for drilling Bautista last year to suddenly get upset because a player on their favorite team got drilled.

  13. #70
    PosiBraves Hell Gatekeeper
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    14,356
    Thanks
    28
    Thanked 4,021 Times in 2,445 Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Onlyonegoal View Post
    Didn't said batflip happen in a game when Toronto was down big late and after they had hit 7-8 Braves in the series and the same night Freddie was hit in the wrist?
    Oh I see. The context of the bat flip is suddenly the reason he needed to be drilled.

    Got it. Thanks for the clarification.

  14. #71
    High School Draftee
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    51
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 16 Times in 9 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    Oh I see. The context of the bat flip is suddenly the reason he needed to be drilled.

    Got it. Thanks for the clarification.
    Correct. You're welcome.

  15. #72
    PosiBraves Hell Gatekeeper
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    14,356
    Thanks
    28
    Thanked 4,021 Times in 2,445 Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Onlyonegoal View Post
    Correct. You're welcome.
    Once again, irrationality reigns supreme here at chop country!

  16. #73
    High School Draftee
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    51
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 16 Times in 9 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    Once again, irrationality reigns supreme here at chop country!

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Onlyonegoal For This Useful Post:

    Individual-1 (08-16-2018)

  18. #74
    Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

    Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Individual-1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    School of Hard Cox
    Posts
    16,758
    Thanks
    6,562
    Thanked 6,477 Times in 3,697 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Onlyonegoal View Post
    Please post more
    Forever Fredi


  19. #75
    Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    DANGERZONE
    Posts
    16,871
    Thanks
    1,054
    Thanked 2,781 Times in 1,951 Posts
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If Urena did this intentionally and it seems like he did and it seems like his team didn't call for it and he acted alone. He should be suspended for 10 times the amount of time Acuna misses. Reality is bull**** like this is just bull****.

    NFL learned this a long time ago, superstars need to be protected. QBs can barely be hit anymore because no one wants to watch a game with Matt Schaub and Brian Hoyer. They want to watch Matt Ryan and Tom Brady. They don't want to see Julio Jones get his season ended by a cheap shot. They want to see him on the field.
    AJ does all the other things just as well if not better than Mac - zbhargrove

    I don't think Nolan Ryan should be a poster child for mechanics - SAV

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to zitothebrave For This Useful Post:

    IAJon (08-16-2018)

  21. #76
    Voted Worst Poster of 2015
    (Co-Winner)
    NinersSBChamps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    New Prague, MN
    Posts
    12,304
    Thanks
    2,898
    Thanked 1,431 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    If Urena did this intentionally and it seems like he did and it seems like his team didn't call for it and he acted alone. He should be suspended for 10 times the amount of time Acuna misses. Reality is bull**** like this is just bull****.

    NFL learned this a long time ago, superstars need to be protected. QBs can barely be hit anymore because no one wants to watch a game with Matt Schaub and Brian Hoyer. They want to watch Matt Ryan and Tom Brady. They don't want to see Julio Jones get his season ended by a cheap shot. They want to see him on the field.
    Well Acuna is back tonight and he missed 8 innings last night? So Urena should be suspended 80 innings. Let’s round up to 81 so he misses 9 regulation games.

  22. #77
    Arizona Fall Leaguer Mad Dog Murph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Fayettenam NC
    Posts
    165
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 88 Times in 40 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    6 games and a fine. Weak

  23. #78
    Anytime Now Frankie...
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,555
    Thanks
    302
    Thanked 304 Times in 220 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    Keith Hernandez can eat a dick. Bet you anything he'd be having some profanity riddled rant if it was Cespedes or some other beloved Mets player that was being targeted.
    He does. Even his own mother reportedly outed him once.

  24. #79
    Anytime Now Frankie...
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,555
    Thanks
    302
    Thanked 304 Times in 220 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Urena needs a severe bruise right between the 62 at sometime next year.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •