Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Rasslin' Thread: Sponsored by the Oz Man

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    NL Rookie of the Year Acuña’s Bat Flip's Avatar
    Gaffney, South Carolina (Home of the Big Butt "Peach" on I-85)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    280 Posts
    Well Extreme Rules sucked a fat one. I guess WWE will never learn that no one cares about dumbass steroid taking Brock Lesnar if they haven’t by now! 🙄

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    441 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Acuña’s Bat Flip View Post
    Well Extreme Rules sucked a fat one. I guess WWE will never learn that no one cares about dumbass steroid taking Brock Lesnar if they haven’t by now! 🙄
    He’s the only superstar they have. Plus, fox wanted him

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,746 Posts

This is a good summary of why I wont watch WWE and am excited for AEW. If wins and losses barely matter then why should I watch?
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,766 Posts
    Great first show for AEW.

They beat NXT h2h in the ratings. And killed WWE in the 18-49 demo. So great hearing Tony Schiavone in the mic again.
    Forever Fredi

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    441 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Chosen One View Post
    Great first show for AEW.

They beat NXT h2h in the ratings. And killed WWE in the 18-49 demo. So great hearing Tony Schiavone in the mic again.

I actually thought NXT put on a better show. I couldn’t get behind the AEW match where the 80 pound Japanese woman beat the 200 pound plus black woman. I know wrestling’s fake and we need to suspend belief but that was a joke. Mind you I can’t stand woman’s wrestling anyway. I marked out for Jake Hager. I’ve always liked him.

Sounds like Edge is getting back in the ring. Cm punk may not be far behind

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,766 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    I actually thought NXT put on a better show. I couldn’t get behind the AEW match where the 80 pound Japanese woman beat the 200 pound plus black woman. I know wrestling’s fake and we need to suspend belief but that was a joke. Mind you I can’t stand woman’s wrestling anyway. I marked out for Jake Hager. I’ve always liked him.

Sounds like Edge is getting back in the ring. Cm punk may not be far behind
    I have given up on WWE.

The fact they are scared of AEW says a lot. It doesn't matter of Trips takes pver for Vince. They have stagnated.

I'm all in on AEW.
    Forever Fredi

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    441 Posts
    For those of us who grew up with the Nwa in the mid 80’s on tbs, check out the first episode of NWA power on YouTube. Good stuff. Interview desk right beside the ring, with the fans an arm length away just like the mid 80s. Jim Cornette on play by play

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,263 Posts
    never seen this thread and not into wrestling but ended up on the Chris Jericho Cruise last year lol

friend won some passes for it and gave me one.

have some pics i think somewhere if y'all are interested. met a bunch of wrestlers and had a blast. still not into wrestling though :lol
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,766 Posts
    I have been pleasantly surprised with AEW.

I've seen every Wednesday Dynamite live with the exception of last week's. I enjoy what they're trying to do. They've done a good job of balancing the top guys and pushing their new stars for the long term.

I haven't watched a full WWE show of any kind in years, minus Mania. Vince has gotten too arrogant for his own good.
    Forever Fredi

NL Rookie of the Year Acuña’s Bat Flip's Avatar
    Gaffney, South Carolina (Home of the Big Butt "Peach" on I-85)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    280 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    He’s the only superstar they have. Plus, fox wanted him
    He wound up on Raw. At least when he stops pounding Sable long enough to actually show up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,709 Posts
    Pro wrestling Mt Rushmore was a thing on twitter not too long ago. For me the first 3 are easy, but the fourth is a challenge:

Rick Flair
    Hulk Hogan
    Steve Austin

Lots of names to consider at number four. Bret Hart, Undertaker, Macho Man, Shawn Michaels, The Rock, etc.
    thank you weso1!

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,766 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    Pro wrestling Mt Rushmore was a thing on twitter not too long ago. For me the first 3 are easy, but the fourth is a challenge:Rick FlairHulk HoganSteve AustinLots of names to consider at number four. Bret Hart, Undertaker, Macho Man, Shawn Michaels, The Rock, etc.
    They have to be unique for me.Flair and Hogan are one and the same. They wrestle the same match all the time basically, and their charisma is up there in the top 5 of all time. Some people felt you had to be inclusive of other eras which would mean someone like Sammartino or any of the Japanese legends.However, I can view Hogan for being the biggest face to ever turn into the biggest heel as that changed the landscape of wrestling. I know WWE revisionists point to Austin-McMahon as one of the biggest events in wrestling, but in the last 25 years no question Hogan turning his back on WCW and forming the nWo is the biggest event in wrestling that changed everything.I'd have a good argument of putting The Rock in over Austin. Austin never had a crossover era match. The Rock had two (well technically three lol). Rock v. Hogan at Mania 18, then he beat Cena then put over Cena (lol twice in a lifetime). Flair - Hogan - Rock -And 4th candidates:Andre - Larger than life figure.Sammartino - Represents the old old era of wrestling.Bret Hart - Basically the godfather of pure technical wrestling.Jericho - Resume is as good as you're gonna get + longevity.Whoever it is, for the love of god do not put Vince. The man's ego would want only himself to be on it.
    Forever Fredi

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,340 Posts

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,766 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garmel View Post
    Have a feeling the Dark Order will absorb the Butcher and Blade and Nightmare Collective stables just like the Ministry of Darkness absorbed The Brood and nWo kept absorbing people.
    Forever Fredi

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,340 Posts
    Have a feeling the Dark Order will absorb the Butcher and Blade and Nightmare Collective stables just like the Ministry of Darkness absorbed The Brood and nWo kept absorbing people.
    I think they'll stick with the Creepers but I could see your angle happen. Have the top faces join forces with the Inner Circle to stave off the attacks from the growing Dark Order. It would be like when Luger and Sting joined forces with the Four Horsemen to stop the NWO.
    Last edited by Garmel; 12-18-2019 at 10:57 PM.

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,766 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garmel View Post
    I think they'll stick with the Creepers but I could see your angle happen. Have the top faces join forces with the Inner Circle to stave off the attacks from the growing Dark Order. It would be like when Luger and Sting joined forces with the Four Horsemen to stop the NWO.
    The Nightmare Collective is a perfect cult stable that is basically the female version of the Dark Order. Butcher and Blade have pretty dark gimmicks as well, and I could see them as the Enforcers of the Dark Order, like paid hitmen heel version of the APA. Well remember the Acolytes were a tag team before the Undertaker took them into the Ministry.

I'm really surprised at how non together the Elite are during Dynamite. They don't show them as often together as the Inner Circle. I also think Hangman Page left the Elite and is now Solo.
    Forever Fredi

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,340 Posts
    The Nightmare Collective is a perfect cult stable that is basically the female version of the Dark Order. Butcher and Blade have pretty dark gimmicks as well, and I could see them as the Enforcers of the Dark Order, like paid hitmen heel version of the APA. Well remember the Acolytes were a tag team before the Undertaker took them into the Ministry.

I'm really surprised at how non together the Elite are during Dynamite. They don't show them as often together as the Inner Circle. I also think Hangman Page left the Elite and is now Solo.
    Yeah, it's hard to tell that the Elite are even a faction. Sounds like you're enjoying AEW. I am as well. It's the best WWE alternative for me since Impact has gone to crap and I never got into ROH.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    441 Posts

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    441 Posts
    You guys jinxed AEW’s success. Nxt won the 18-49 demo for the first time.

Spring Training Invitee
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    I feel like we are extremely lucky in that there are so many excellent options for wrestling right now. Impact has been better since the move to Axs. MLW is very good. Love AEW and NXT. WWE has upped their game. NWA Powerrr is a fun change of pace. I don’t know if I like them adding another single’s title already with just an hour show per week.

I loved RoH in the past but I hate their new tv format. If you don’t have the Fite TV app you are missing out as it’s an easy place to see the weekly ROH and MLW shows plus more solid wrestling.

Btw, I created a discord chat this afternoon if anyone wants to join a chat app to discuss wrestling. https://discord.gg/ByNXgk8