Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Rasslin' Thread: Sponsored by the Oz Man

NL Rookie of the Year Acuña’s Bat Flip's Avatar
    Gaffney, South Carolina (Home of the Big Butt "Peach" on I-85)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    280 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    He’s the only superstar they have. Plus, fox wanted him
    He wound up on Raw. At least when he stops pounding Sable long enough to actually show up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Pro wrestling Mt Rushmore was a thing on twitter not too long ago. For me the first 3 are easy, but the fourth is a challenge:

Rick Flair
    Hulk Hogan
    Steve Austin

Lots of names to consider at number four. Bret Hart, Undertaker, Macho Man, Shawn Michaels, The Rock, etc.
    thank you weso1!

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    Pro wrestling Mt Rushmore was a thing on twitter not too long ago. For me the first 3 are easy, but the fourth is a challenge:Rick FlairHulk HoganSteve AustinLots of names to consider at number four. Bret Hart, Undertaker, Macho Man, Shawn Michaels, The Rock, etc.
    They have to be unique for me.Flair and Hogan are one and the same. They wrestle the same match all the time basically, and their charisma is up there in the top 5 of all time. Some people felt you had to be inclusive of other eras which would mean someone like Sammartino or any of the Japanese legends.However, I can view Hogan for being the biggest face to ever turn into the biggest heel as that changed the landscape of wrestling. I know WWE revisionists point to Austin-McMahon as one of the biggest events in wrestling, but in the last 25 years no question Hogan turning his back on WCW and forming the nWo is the biggest event in wrestling that changed everything.I'd have a good argument of putting The Rock in over Austin. Austin never had a crossover era match. The Rock had two (well technically three lol). Rock v. Hogan at Mania 18, then he beat Cena then put over Cena (lol twice in a lifetime). Flair - Hogan - Rock -And 4th candidates:Andre - Larger than life figure.Sammartino - Represents the old old era of wrestling.Bret Hart - Basically the godfather of pure technical wrestling.Jericho - Resume is as good as you're gonna get + longevity.Whoever it is, for the love of god do not put Vince. The man's ego would want only himself to be on it.
    Forever Fredi

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,314 Posts

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garmel View Post
    Have a feeling the Dark Order will absorb the Butcher and Blade and Nightmare Collective stables just like the Ministry of Darkness absorbed The Brood and nWo kept absorbing people.
    Forever Fredi

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,314 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Chosen One View Post
    Have a feeling the Dark Order will absorb the Butcher and Blade and Nightmare Collective stables just like the Ministry of Darkness absorbed The Brood and nWo kept absorbing people.
    I think they'll stick with the Creepers but I could see your angle happen. Have the top faces join forces with the Inner Circle to stave off the attacks from the growing Dark Order. It would be like when Luger and Sting joined forces with the Four Horsemen to stop the NWO.
    Last edited by Garmel; 12-18-2019 at 10:57 PM.

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    I think they'll stick with the Creepers but I could see your angle happen. Have the top faces join forces with the Inner Circle to stave off the attacks from the growing Dark Order. It would be like when Luger and Sting joined forces with the Four Horsemen to stop the NWO.
    The Nightmare Collective is a perfect cult stable that is basically the female version of the Dark Order. Butcher and Blade have pretty dark gimmicks as well, and I could see them as the Enforcers of the Dark Order, like paid hitmen heel version of the APA. Well remember the Acolytes were a tag team before the Undertaker took them into the Ministry.

I'm really surprised at how non together the Elite are during Dynamite. They don't show them as often together as the Inner Circle. I also think Hangman Page left the Elite and is now Solo.
    Forever Fredi

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,314 Posts
    The Nightmare Collective is a perfect cult stable that is basically the female version of the Dark Order. Butcher and Blade have pretty dark gimmicks as well, and I could see them as the Enforcers of the Dark Order, like paid hitmen heel version of the APA. Well remember the Acolytes were a tag team before the Undertaker took them into the Ministry.

I'm really surprised at how non together the Elite are during Dynamite. They don't show them as often together as the Inner Circle. I also think Hangman Page left the Elite and is now Solo.
    Yeah, it's hard to tell that the Elite are even a faction. Sounds like you're enjoying AEW. I am as well. It's the best WWE alternative for me since Impact has gone to crap and I never got into ROH.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Yeah, it's hard to tell that the Elite are even a faction. Sounds like you're enjoying AEW. I am as well. It's the best WWE alternative for me since Impact has gone to crap and I never got into ROH.

I thought IMpact actually got better after they got new owners and moved to AXSTV?

Give NWA Powerr a chance. It’s on YouTube every Tuesday. It’s been on for a few month So it wouldn’t be hard to catch up. Looks just like the old nwa/wcw stage set up from the 80’s. Some familiar faces. Jim Cornette got fired though a few weeks ago.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Krgrecw For This Useful Post:

Garmel (12-19-2019)

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    I thought IMpact actually got better after they got new owners and moved to AXSTV?

Give NWA Powerr a chance. It’s on YouTube every Tuesday. It’s been on for a few month So it wouldn’t be hard to catch up. Looks just like the old nwa/wcw stage set up from the 80’s. Some familiar faces. Jim Cornette got fired though a few weeks ago.
    NWA does like 4 tapings in 2 days every month.
    Forever Fredi

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    AEW is the first major alternative on a major network since iMPACT was on SpikeTV.

TNT is a big deal obviously compared to SpikeTV and the other channels that you can barely find iMPACT or ROH on. It's very convenient. There are a few things I wish AEW would work on but they're still in my good graces period because they're not WWE.
    Forever Fredi

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    You guys jinxed AEW’s success. Nxt won the 18-49 demo for the first time.

Spring Training Invitee
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    I feel like we are extremely lucky in that there are so many excellent options for wrestling right now. Impact has been better since the move to Axs. MLW is very good. Love AEW and NXT. WWE has upped their game. NWA Powerrr is a fun change of pace. I don’t know if I like them adding another single’s title already with just an hour show per week.

I loved RoH in the past but I hate their new tv format. If you don’t have the Fite TV app you are missing out as it’s an easy place to see the weekly ROH and MLW shows plus more solid wrestling.

Btw, I created a discord chat this afternoon if anyone wants to join a chat app to discuss wrestling. https://discord.gg/ByNXgk8

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Finally got around to watching Wrestle Kingdom 14.

I love Japan's hard nosed style of matchcalling. Looks much more realistic in the ring. And they are definitely throwing harder punches than normal.
    Forever Fredi

Spring Training Invitee
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Finally got around to watching Wrestle Kingdom 14.

I love Japan's hard nosed style of matchcalling. Looks much more realistic in the ring. And they are definitely throwing harder punches than normal.
    Hate that Anthem is axing them from the AXS lineup as NJPW really is a fun company to follow.

Btw, any of you listen to Busted Open on Sirius? I’ve been an avid listener for 7-8 years now. Not as big of a fan of Bully Ray as I was Doug Mortman(sp?) or Larry Dallas but I still enjoy it.

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 4maddux_cy's View Post
    Hate that Anthem is axing them from the AXS lineup as NJPW really is a fun company to follow.

Btw, any of you listen to Busted Open on Sirius? I’ve been an avid listener for 7-8 years now. Not as big of a fan of Bully Ray as I was Doug Mortman(sp?) or Larry Dallas but I still enjoy it.
    I've only started to listen to the Schiavone podcast here and there. More interested in wrestling history than what goes on nowadays.

Waiting for someone to upload the undertaker-stone cold interview on dailymotion or vimeo or youtube because i don't have WWE network lol.
    Forever Fredi

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    I've only started to listen to the Schiavone podcast here and there. More interested in wrestling history than what goes on nowadays.

Waiting for someone to upload the undertaker-stone cold interview on dailymotion or vimeo or youtube because i don't have WWE network lol.
    Schiavone has a good podcast. I started listening to Bruce Prichard’s podcast from the start but his pro WWE stance and the fact he never criticized HHH made me hate the podcast because it was evident he’s wasn’t telling the whole story. Konrad and Schiavones podcast has some hilarious moments. Never knew Schiavone was so perverted.

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Schiavone has a good podcast. I started listening to Bruce Prichard’s podcast from the start but his pro WWE stance and the fact he never criticized HHH made me hate the podcast because it was evident he’s wasn’t telling the whole story. Konrad and Schiavones podcast has some hilarious moments. Never knew Schiavone was so perverted.
    I've only listened to a few of them but man has that become a recurring thing I never thought I'd be laughing at. I met Schiavone at Cooperstown, he was there as a reporter for when Maddux, Glav, Bobby got inducted. Shook his hand talked to him about WCW for like 2-3 minutes.
    Forever Fredi

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    I've only listened to a few of them but man has that become a recurring thing I never thought I'd be laughing at. I met Schiavone at Cooperstown, he was there as a reporter for when Maddux, Glav, Bobby got inducted. Shook his hand talked to him about WCW for like 2-3 minutes.

There was an episode where Casio Kid was the third wheel for the entire podcast and I was laughing hard for the whole podcast. Wish I could remember.