Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: GDT: braves @ dbacks

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    we have a great bunch of veteran posters who bring a lot of laidership and perspective to the boards...they are there to hold the hands of the nervous nellies and negative nancies... they know is a long season with lots of ups and downs and they know the team is 14 games above .500 and playing meaningful games in September...its been a great season...the team has exceeded expectations
    couple of things:

-watching these types of games in the moment is extremely tough; i'll be critical of a poster when they whine about freeman striking out in the 1st inning of a game, or if the pitcher gives up a hit and suddenly they aren't trying. but wednesday and last night were rough to watch.

-at this point, i couldn't care less about pre-season expectations. my expectations have been raised considerably, and that's what i'm going off of.
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,135 Posts
    I'm having a hard time understanding how the Braves beat a winning team last night. I've been told by a very intelligent poster with a flat stomach and huge biceps that the Braves can't beat teams with winning records.

At least their season isn't over yet as predicted countless times the last few weeks. Would have spoiled my trip to SF.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    couple of things:

-watching these types of games in the moment is extremely tough; i'll be critical of a poster when they whine about freeman striking out in the 1st inning of a game, or if the pitcher gives up a hit and suddenly they aren't trying. but wednesday and last night were rough to watch.

-at this point, i couldn't care less about pre-season expectations. my expectations have been raised considerably, and that's what i'm going off of.
    the past 3 years we have had nothing to play for...I'd rather "suffer" through tough losses in meaningful games any day...I also suspect that the number of tough losses or series where everything went against us has not been unusually high...otoh I do think we've had more than our share of late rallies and walkoffs
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Spring Training Invitee Chipper's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    I'm having a hard time understanding how the Braves beat a winning team last night. I've been told by a very intelligent poster with a flat stomach and huge biceps that the Braves can't beat teams with winning records.

At least their season isn't over yet as predicted countless times the last few weeks. Would have spoiled my trip to SF.
    Oh, stop! You're making me blush.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    the past 3 years we have had nothing to play for...I'd rather "suffer" through tough losses in meaningful games any day...I also suspect that the number of tough losses or series where everything went against us has not been unusually high...otoh I do think we've had more than our share of late rallies and walkoffs
    sure, i'd rather be competitive than not. my point was the expectations coming into the year mean nothing to me at this point.
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg