Thread: Missing pitchers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,706 Posts

Missing pitchers

Will we see Viz, McCarthy, or gohara again this season? Seems there's opportunity
    Swanson sucks

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    I'd imagine McCarthy is done. IIRC, they've left the door open for Viz, saying the move to the 60-Day DL was only to be able to utilize his roster spot - he's eligible to be activated at just about any point now.

Given the pen's struggles, I fully expect to see Gohara out there, and Viz in another 10-14 days if he feels good enough to go. They simply don't have any other late-game options to go to on days when Minter isn't available right now.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to clvclv For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (09-07-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    I'd imagine McCarthy is done. IIRC, they've left the door open for Viz, saying the move to the 60-Day DL was only to be able to utilize his roster spot - he's eligible to be activated at just about any point now.

Given the pen's struggles, I fully expect to see Gohara out there, and Viz in another 10-14 days if he feels good enough to go. They simply don't have any other late-game options to go to on days when Minter isn't available right now.
    Minter was not available last night because he threw over 30 pitches the night before.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    Minter was not available last night because he threw over 30 pitches the night before.
    I'm well aware of that, but thanks.

The point remains that other than Minter, there's no one out there to trust - meaning anytime he's used 2-3 days in a row the rest of the season, you're going to have another game like last night where everyone sits around scared to death the pen is going to blow another one.

Feels just like the 90s all over again all of a sudden!!!

Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,370 Posts
    I'm well aware of that, but thanks.

The point remains that other than Minter, there's no one out there to trust - meaning anytime he's used 2-3 days in a row the rest of the season, you're going to have another game like last night where everyone sits around scared to death the pen is going to blow another one.

Feels just like the 90s all over again all of a sudden!!!

I don’t think anyone was scared out there. There seems to be a perception that our young pen should never give up runs. Ever. It happens. But to your point. I will take another 20 of last nights. We won.
    Coppy

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bravesfanMatt For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (09-07-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    I don’t think anyone was scared out there. There seems to be a perception that our young pen should never give up runs. Ever. It happens. But to your point. I will take another 20 of last nights. We won.
    Even with the recent shaky games, our pen has the second lowest FIP in the second half of any of the NL pens.

"I am your retribution."

9. The Following User Says Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

Jaw (09-07-2018)

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    Last night.

I'm all about glass half-full too, but not afraid to admit I'm in the scared to death camp every time we don't have a starter go 6+ IP right now.

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,370 Posts
    What about Sobo. He can return today.
    Coppy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    McCarthy re-injured his knee. He is done.

Gohara is probably done for the season too. He has been on and off the minor league DL a couple times the past month.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,706 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    McCarthy re-injured his knee. He is done.

Gohara is probably done for the season too. He has been on and off the minor league DL a couple times the past month.
    Sucks about McCarthy. I've been dreaming on him coming back fresh and his old self for the playoffs

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to msstate7 For This Useful Post:

Jaw (09-07-2018), JohnAdcox (09-07-2018), jpx7 (09-07-2018)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,135 Posts
    Didn't you say you're the biggest and smartest blackjack dealer in the gambling capital of the world?

How much money did people lose Wednesday because the Braves' pen's FIP went up? As much as those who lost betting on the Braves to win?

Outside of a select few people, nobody gives a *hit about somebody's FIP at the end of the day. That blasted scoreboard on the other hand, well...
    Your stupidity doesn’t let up at all haha.

I make at least 2x whatever you make appraising houses as a software engineer. In fact, we are well on our way to completely automating your job to obsolescence.

The folks who care about advanced stats are the people responsible for running baseball organizations. You only care about being an ignorant casual fan. That’s fine, but don’t try to talk to the people who know more than you from your position of extreme ignorance.

Nobody cares about your idiotic Sale for Jenkins, or Albies for Dee Gordon trade proposals. Every single person on this board considers you a complete joke and realizes just how stupid you are.
    Last edited by Enscheff; 09-07-2018 at 04:25 PM.

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    488 Posts
    Good Grief.... Nobody cares how much money you make or how smart you guys think you are. You are great posters when talking about the Braves. When talking about other posters.... not so much.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to mfree80 For This Useful Post:

rico43 (09-08-2018)

Spring Training Invitee Chipper's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mfree80 View Post
    Good Grief.... Nobody cares how much money you make or how smart you guys think you are. You are great posters when talking about the Braves. When talking about other posters.... not so much.
    Some here spend so much time posting, one has to wonder if they even have a job, much less make tons of money.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,706 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rico43 View Post
    Back to the topic ... Vizcaino made his third scoreless rehab appearance Friday for Rome. Really ought to be activated Sunday.
    Great

NL Rookie of the Year Acuña’s Bat Flip's Avatar
    Gaffney, South Carolina (Home of the Big Butt "Peach" on I-85)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    280 Posts
    Getting Viz back will be huge!