User Tag List

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 290

Thread: Clinch day(?) Sat vs Phiiiies, game 3

  1. #241
    Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

    Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Individual-1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    School of Hard Cox
    Posts
    16,658
    Thanks
    6,534
    Thanked 6,428 Times in 3,669 Posts
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Braves1976 View Post
    Who was skeptical about AA not being enough into analytics? I have liked AA since his days in Toronto and said so all along. Honestly, I was losing interest in MLB and the Braves and initially got interested again the day I heard AA had been hired. It shocked me they'd hire someone like him after passing on Bud Black as manager. I was furious over not hiring Black and still say that was a mistake. This team won this division because of being the best in it as their record vs the division showed. When someone struggled for a few weeks like Freeman and Markakis the second half, you had Acuna, Camargo, Inciarte and Culberson picking them up. Even Swanson had some big hits despite his numbers dropping and hustled a number of singles into doubles. Plus Albies homer last night was huge too despite his bad second half.
    You can look back at the thread before AA was hired. I think a few like @Enscheff wanted McLeod from Chicago since he was an understudy of Hoyer/Epstein.
    Forever Fredi


  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Individual-1 For This Useful Post:

    Braves1976 (09-22-2018)

  3. #242
    It's OVER 5,000! Braves1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    12,854
    Thanks
    7,171
    Thanked 1,965 Times in 1,455 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Rump View Post
    You can look back at the thread before AA was hired. I think a few like @Enscheff wanted McLeod from Chicago since he was an understudy of Hoyer/Epstein.
    okay i probably missed or forgot about that thread. i just remember celebrating the AA hiring with my bestfriend who is also a Braves fan.

  4. #243
    PosiBraves Hell Gatekeeper
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    14,136
    Thanks
    28
    Thanked 3,969 Times in 2,407 Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Braves1976 View Post
    Who was skeptical about AA not being enough into analytics? I have liked AA since his days in Toronto and said so all along. Honestly, I was losing interest in MLB and the Braves and initially got interested again the day I heard AA had been hired. It shocked me they'd hire someone like him after passing on Bud Black as manager. I was furious over not hiring Black and still say that was a mistake. This team won this division because of being the best in it as their record vs the division showed. When someone struggled for a few weeks like Freeman and Markakis the second half, you had Acuna, Camargo, Inciarte and Culberson picking them up. Even Swanson had some big hits despite his numbers dropping and hustled a number of singles into doubles. Plus Albies homer last night was huge too despite his bad second half.
    I thought AA was about as good a hire as the Braves could be reasonably expected to make, and said as much at the time.

    They weren't going to go with some 30 year old super-nerd, and AA had just spent a couple years learning in the one of the best FOs in the game.

    His overall process of not mortgaging very much of the future for this season was logically sound, and he executed that plan very well. He played this season very conservatively, and it has paid off handsomely...but the ultimate results are not why he has done a good job. He has done a good job because he formulated a well-reasoned plan and executed it...and the Braves happened to win a year early.
    Gausman had a bad walk ratio for us -CrazyTrain 11/20/2018
    BB/9 with Braves: 2.72

    Fried, Newk and a couple other guys for Bumgarner and give him a pay day for 6ish years -CrazyTrain 10/15/18

    I analyzed Teheran's motion. He will be a CYA candidate in 2018-2020, and will be an extension candidate. Do not trade him -GovClintonTyree 12/17/15

    Matt Adams to the Tampa Bay Rays for Jake Odorizzi makes too much sense not to happen -clvclv 10/17/17
    Matt Adams non-tendered by Braves 12/2/17

  5. #244
    A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    13,786
    Thanks
    6,299
    Thanked 9,350 Times in 4,868 Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Damn, this feels good.

    Weird thought: I wonder how Coppy feels right now.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

    Runnin (09-23-2018)

  7. #245
    It's OVER 5,000! Braves1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    12,854
    Thanks
    7,171
    Thanked 1,965 Times in 1,455 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    Damn, this feels good.

    Weird thought: I wonder how Coppy feels right now.
    i dont care, im glad he is banned just for his trading Simmons alone and then bull****ting fans about the return being a better shortstop

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Braves1976 For This Useful Post:

    salmagundy (09-22-2018)

  9. #246
    A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    13,786
    Thanks
    6,299
    Thanked 9,350 Times in 4,868 Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Braves1976 View Post
    i dont care, im glad he is banned just for his trading Simmons alone and then bull****ting fans about the return being a better shortstop
    I mean, yeah, but...

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

    jpx7 (09-22-2018)

  11. #247
    Approaching Buddy Hernandez Territory
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    swamps of S. Ga
    Posts
    1,029
    Thanks
    58
    Thanked 197 Times in 114 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    '19 bench should be far better than '18 because of the AA deals. Backup catcher might be the weak link, Culberson, Duda, and a 4th OFer not named Duval. Pache could be a solid addition out of ST.

  12. #248
    It's OVER 5,000! Braves1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    12,854
    Thanks
    7,171
    Thanked 1,965 Times in 1,455 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by salmagundy View Post
    '19 bench should be far better than '18 because of the AA deals. Backup catcher might be the weak link, Culberson, Duda, and a 4th OFer not named Duval. Pache could be a solid addition out of ST.
    Duda is a free agent and will likely sign in the AL again to be someone who starts vs righties. He won't get to start enough here to stay with Freeman who takes no off days.

    But maybe he signs another one year deal and we can get him again for playoffs next season.

  13. #249
    Expects Yuge Games nsacpi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    20,001
    Thanks
    1,494
    Thanked 7,239 Times in 4,492 Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by salmagundy View Post
    '19 bench should be far better than '18 because of the AA deals. Backup catcher might be the weak link, Culberson, Duda, and a 4th OFer not named Duval. Pache could be a solid addition out of ST.
    I'm sure one of the Dodger Way things AA has picked up is the value of a deep bench. He didnt really pursue that last off-season because like everyone else didnt think the team would contend.
    It's a shame the White House has become an adult day care center. Someone obviously missed their shift this morning. Senator Bob Corker

  14. #250
    Expects Yuge Games nsacpi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    20,001
    Thanks
    1,494
    Thanked 7,239 Times in 4,492 Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Braves1976 View Post
    Duda is a free agent and will likely sign in the AL again to be someone who starts vs righties. He won't get to start enough here to stay with Freeman who takes no off days.

    But maybe he signs another one year deal and we can get him again for playoffs next season.
    it's hard to carry two guys who only play first
    It's a shame the White House has become an adult day care center. Someone obviously missed their shift this morning. Senator Bob Corker

  15. #251
    It's OVER 5,000! Braves1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    12,854
    Thanks
    7,171
    Thanked 1,965 Times in 1,455 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    it's hard to carry two guys who only play first
    true unless an AL team with the DH but I like Duda, he also makes me think Mac is still here every time I see him lol

  16. #252
    Gwinnett Bound PurpleBrave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    619
    Thanks
    35
    Thanked 175 Times in 97 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think Anibal still starts tomorrow?

  17. #253
    It's OVER 5,000! Braves1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    12,854
    Thanks
    7,171
    Thanked 1,965 Times in 1,455 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleBrave View Post
    Think Anibal still starts tomorrow?
    yea unless he is hungover lol

  18. #254
    Shift Leader CyYoung31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    7,517
    Thanks
    1,015
    Thanked 4,776 Times in 2,288 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    it's hard to carry two guys who only play first
    Freeman's natural position is 3rd base, remember?

  19. #255
    It's OVER 5,000! Braves1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    12,854
    Thanks
    7,171
    Thanked 1,965 Times in 1,455 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CyYoung31 View Post
    Freeman's natural position is 3rd base, remember?
    i must admit he did pretty well there which surprised me, his range wasn't that good but he had 3 DRS at third.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Braves1976 For This Useful Post:

    Freshmaker (09-22-2018)

  21. #256
    Playing the Waiting Game Freshmaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    875
    Thanks
    704
    Thanked 386 Times in 169 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got home after being out all day. Feels great to put this **** team away like we should've. WOOHOO! Way to go boys - congrats on an NL East title


  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Freshmaker For This Useful Post:

    AerchAngel (09-23-2018),bravesfanMatt (09-22-2018)

  23. #257
    Arbitration Eligible
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,889
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 440 Times in 335 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    I thought AA was about as good a hire as the Braves could be reasonably expected to make, and said as much at the time.

    They weren't going to go with some 30 year old super-nerd, and AA had just spent a couple years learning in the one of the best FOs in the game.

    His overall process of not mortgaging very much of the future for this season was logically sound, and he executed that plan very well. He played this season very conservatively, and it has paid off handsomely...but the ultimate results are not why he has done a good job. He has done a good job because he formulated a well-reasoned plan and executed it...and the Braves happened to win a year early.
    Ppl are going to split on aa this offseason.

    I think hes going to make at least one major deal and not sign any major free agents.

  24. #258
    Sabermetric Slut
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Your Mom's Basement
    Posts
    13,795
    Thanks
    953
    Thanked 3,881 Times in 2,482 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ2dollas View Post
    Ppl are going to split on aa this offseason.

    I think he’s going to make at least one major deal and not sign any major free agents.
    Signing major free agents usually leads to bad contracts on the back end so I'd be ok with this.

  25. #259
    Anytime Now Frankie...
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,489
    Thanks
    49
    Thanked 166 Times in 117 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hell of a season. Very nice to clinch by whipping Phily. Just a heck of a year.

  26. #260
    Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Heyward's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    14,906
    Thanks
    1,157
    Thanked 1,097 Times in 854 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ2dollas View Post
    Ppl are going to split on aa this offseason.

    I think he’s going to make at least one major deal and not sign any major free agents.
    I could see us be more in the trade market than FA's but right now pre-arb we have 59 mil or so, if you project a 125-130 mil payroll and 25-30 or so or more in arb we'll have some money to play with this winter. I dont see us in on Machado or Harper, but i can see AA sign a veteran RP to a lucrative 3 yr deal or so.

    Gotta use that money on something.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •