Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: GDT: Phillies @ Braves Post Clincher

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UNCBlue012 View Post
    Fried would likely have stayed with the team and started most of the year if healthy. I know the injuries are frustrating, but Fried is absolutely a top 5 pitching option on the team, at least IMO.
    I saw his innings yesterday. If he ever puts it together, he will be a good major league pitcher. Always hard to tell from an inning or two against a completely demoralized opponent, but Fried can really toss some sh*t up there.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 50PoundHead For This Useful Post:

UNCBlue012 (09-24-2018)

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    I would agree that Fried was the more impressive of the two today. He could end up beating out Freeman for a spot. I think both will get two more pitching appearances in the Mets and Phillies series. One possible permutation is to take both Fried and Freeman and drop one of Carle and Winkler. I think those guys are all on the bubble.

I think Venters, Minter and to a lesser extent Biddle are safe among the lefties.

Among the righties Brach is safe. Viz too if his should is ok. Sobotka I think is on the bubble. He's looked impressive his last couple appearances, but the lack of track record means it could go either way depending on how he pitches the rest of the way in. I think he also will get a couple more appearances before the season ends.
    I think Winkler, Viz, Brach are safe from the RH side barring injury this week, and the three LH's as you said. Probably two of Fried, Freeman, Sobotka, Newcomb, Touki for 2 spots if we go with a 4 man bench. Probably forgetting someone.

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    I dont see how Newcomb should even be considered, he's looked absolutely gassed minus the one start vs the Giants who dont have much of a lineup right now.

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    612 Posts
    I would be very tempted to have Newk skip another start, rest, and be used in high leverage “throw hard and high to get this batter” situations. But, he would have to understand that if he walks so much as one batter, that ol Hula is gonna send the brigade after his ass

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulavol View Post
    I would be very tempted to have Newk skip another start, rest, and be used in high leverage “throw hard and high to get this batter” situations. But, he would have to understand that if he walks so much as one batter, that ol Hula is gonna send the brigade after his ass
    it might make sense to give Newk a couple relief appearances to see how he handles coming out of the pen
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

50PoundHead (09-24-2018), jpx7 (09-24-2018)