Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,496 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyward View Post
    I'd play 2/3 of Nick, Ender, Acuna vs the Mets, rest one every game, play Duval every game.

Rest Freeman in one or two of the games vs the Mets.

Dont pitch anyone in the bullpen back to back. Try to rest Minter some if possible, he looks a little gassed.

I wouldnt go full sunday Bobby lineup unless we clinched HFA or LA made it where it's impossible to pass them.
    I wouldn't pitch Minter in the Mets series at all...try not to use Viz back to back if possible....You are right, Minter is gassed, Venters needs to lighten his load, Biddle the same ( I have zero confidence in him right now)
    Get off my lawn!

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    239 Posts
    It'd be nice to as it's fairly obvious it's true but I don't think the Braves ever really fully embrace the more than 2 time through the order penalty (HOWEVER, when it comes to more than 3 times, I'm pretty sure unless a starter is really dealing, they have! We've see Snitker pull a 6.2 IP and fly with Teheran because it was coming up on the 4th time and Curtis Granderson had owned him before). I don't think any starters go deep this week but it's not going to have anything to do with doing a dress rehearsal for the playoffs. It'll have more to do with not overworking starters before the playoffs and letting youngsters get time to pitch multiple innings.

We need to figure out if Vizcaino can go back to back this week and I'd test Sobotka in fireman situations this week (don't know if it happens). I'd stay away from Minter against the Mets.

Don't stop trying to win, but don't go all out for these games.
    Last edited by GeorgiaGirl; 09-24-2018 at 06:59 PM.
    Aggression with prospects is fine, but being stupid is not. There should be a way to find a happy medium between a Pirates like idea of being overly cautious with prospects and going stupidly fast with prospects.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,543 Posts
    I'm ok with just having Viz every other day...lots of off days in the playoffs
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."