Page 113 of 227 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163213 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,260 of 4526

Thread: College Football Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesfan View Post
    They are keeping it silent. And I am rooting hard against Bama as well, bc this is a shame.

The only person I've heard a peep from is AJ McCarron supporting UAB football.
    It isn't a shame, its full out sorry. Bama fans should be ashamed, and pretty upset at how this makes their program look.
    Ivermectin Man

Outskirts Of Mobile, Alabama. Roll Tide!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,814 Posts
    I guess I'm going to be pressed to give a reaction on the UAB mess.

Look, I'm not trying to give a cop-out answer here, but I really don't know the in and outs and all the circumstances of UAB shutting down their program. I don't live in Birmingham, so I haven't really gotten any inside info on what is going on.

The finances are certainly a part of it. Another problem is that before this year, you went to a UAB game at Legion Field, you would see less than 5,000 fans in attendance. Some games, it looked less than that. That's just a bad combo for a football program who is trying to be competitive in the FBS level. I've seen the articles and heard all the talking heads talking about this whole situation. Still though, I don't know the exact reasons why it's happening. I'm not trying to avoid the issue, but you're going to look stupid if you give an answer without knowing all the facts. I'm not sure anyone knows all the facts. Especially those outside of Birmingham.

I do feel bad for the players who don't know what they are going to do next year. I feel terrible for them, in fact. Hopefully those who have eligibility left will be able to get themselves in a good spot at another program. I do think a good number of Alabama fans feel bad as well, so they are not as heartless as some of you others may believe. There are no winners in this situation. If you want to use this to root against Alabama in the future, so be it.

I know this post isn't going to satisfy most of you. I'm just trying to do as I always do on this message board and give an honest answer based on what I know. I'm not trying to defend anyone of any group of individuals. Just giving an honest answer. Especially since a post of mine which was giving props to the work ethic of Blake Sims was only quoted to press me about the UAB situation.
    Chopping With The Braves And Rolling With The Tide

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonCowboy View Post
    I guess I'm going to be pressed to give a reaction on the UAB mess.

Look, I'm not trying to give a cop-out answer here, but I really don't know the in and outs and all the circumstances of UAB shutting down their program. I don't live in Birmingham, so I haven't really gotten any inside info on what is going on.

The finances are certainly a part of it. Another problem is that before this year, you went to a UAB game at Legion Field, you would see less than 5,000 fans in attendance. Some games, it looked less than that. That's just a bad combo for a football program who is trying to be competitive in the FBS level. I've seen the articles and heard all the talking heads talking about this whole situation. Still though, I don't know the exact reasons why it's happening. I'm not trying to avoid the issue, but you're going to look stupid if you give an answer without knowing all the facts. I'm not sure anyone knows all the facts. Especially those outside of Birmingham.

I do feel bad for the players who don't know what they are going to do next year. I feel terrible for them, in fact. Hopefully those who have eligibility left will be able to get themselves in a good spot at another program. I do think a good number of Alabama fans feel bad as well, so they are not as heartless as some of you others may believe. There are no winners in this situation. If you want to use this to root against Alabama in the future, so be it.

I know this post isn't going to satisfy most of you. I'm just trying to do as I always do on this message board and give an honest answer based on what I know. I'm not trying to defend anyone of any group of individuals. Just giving an honest answer. Especially since a post of mine which was giving props to the work ethic of Blake Sims was only quoted to press me about the UAB situation.

I respect your opinion, that's why I wanted to hear from a Bama fan on the issue.

I really don't think finances is the issue. Almost every Div 1 football team loses money and the BOT planned for this long before they paid for the study (see no scheduling future games; coaches contracts ending in 2016, etc)

I don't know actual attendance, but UAB was a bowl eligible team that averaged over 20,000 fans per game this year. They also were never given the opportunity to asked donors for money; in fact, they stopped taking donations.
    "Yes, I did think Aldrich was good UNTIL I SAW HIM PLAY. "- thethe

Outskirts Of Mobile, Alabama. Roll Tide!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,814 Posts
    Very bad news for Oregon. They have lost their top DB because of a potentially serious knee injury.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...us-knee-injury
    Chopping With The Braves And Rolling With The Tide

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Michigan offered Harbaugh $8million

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    this tweet from SB Nation:

Retired FL Supreme Court Justice, with no FSU ties, says evidence doesn't support allegations against Jameis Winston

David Block ‏@davidraider88 11m11 minutes ago
    Also, the decision was reached before the bowl game, so **** all of them with that "they'll announce after the title game" narrative

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,022 Posts
    cool.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,022 Posts
    UGA OC Bobo to Colorado State

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    Narduzzi turned down Colorado State too. He did accept the Pitt head coaching spot. Glad for him. The man deserves it.
    He will coach the Cotton Bowl. Hope his last game as Spartans DC is a great one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Interesting watching some of these early bowl results. The Big 12 aint doing Baylor/TCU any favors in their argument that they should have been in the top 4. Oklahoma getting blasted by Clemson and WVU lost to Texas A&M. We'll see what happens tonight with Texas, but I don't like the Longhorn's chances in that one.
    thank you weso1!

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,325 Posts
    My Longhorns are getting their asses handed to them. I was confident Strong was going to get this program turned around but I'm beginning to have my doubts.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    I feel bad for Strong. He seems like a nice guy but he's on a short leash in Texas.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,325 Posts
    Texas finished with 59 total yards on offense. Unbelievable. Once again Swoopes proves he isn't an FBS quarterback and Shawn Watson(offensive coordinator) needs to be fired.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Texas is really thin on depth. Partly due to Strong dismissing so many players. They'll be back before long. And 2015 committ Zach Gentry looks like a stud. Really wish Tenn could have landed him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Strong isn't recruiting well right now either which surprises me. I figured he'd be good at recruiting. I have to say that right now it looks like UT is lucky they missed on Strong. At the very least Butch is bringing in good talent.
    thank you weso1!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,022 Posts
    Do a lot of colleges even teach players how to tackle anymore? Dear God

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    Strong isn't recruiting well right now either which surprises me. I figured he'd be good at recruiting. I have to say that right now it looks like UT is lucky they missed on Strong. At the very least Butch is bringing in good talent.
    I think he was hired just last January. Hardly time to evaluate his recruiting class. He did run off a number of Mack Brown players which speaks to their depth. Have to give him at least two more years to get a fair assessment of his skills.

If he stays that long

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,022 Posts
    Georgia is keeping Louisville in this game from stupid ****. You run the damn ball up the middle on 3rd and 10 and then go for it on 4th and 11.

Edit: better.
    Last edited by bravesnumberone; 12-30-2014 at 09:41 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,022 Posts
    Pretty solid win for Georgia. Been a long year filled with a lot of crap. Hopefully next year is better.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    Strong never recruited well at Louisville either, which I pointed out last yr when he was hired. But I figured Texas would be able to recruit itself pretty well.