Page 198 of 227 FirstFirst ... 98148188196197198199200208 ... LastLast
Results 3,941 to 3,960 of 4526

Thread: College Football Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,041 Posts
    I'm dead. That game killed me. Now I'm dead.

Outskirts Of Mobile, Alabama. Roll Tide!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,775 Posts
    Good first half, but man, have to finish drives. One more half against an outstanding Clemson team.
    Chopping With The Braves And Rolling With The Tide

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,775 Posts
    ROLL TIDE!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,041 Posts
    I think yesterday confirmed that all four teams deserved to be in the playoffs. That's not to say OSU didn't deserve to be there, only that there wasn't any team that clearly didn't belong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    I think yesterday confirmed that all four teams deserved to be in the playoffs. That's not to say OSU didn't deserve to be there, only that there wasn't any team that clearly didn't belong.
    I'll agree. But you know what? If Im UCF, then I got an argument also. That legit sucks for them. They had the best argument any G5 will ever have, and got snubbed. So basically you are saying no g5 will ever get invited to the CFP. I don't know how I like that.
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    Bama's Defense got healthy....Not sure that outcome is so decided for Alabama if that game were played 4 weeks ago.
    Ivermectin Man

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Tapate50 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (01-03-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,041 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    I'll agree. But you know what? If Im UCF, then I got an argument also. That legit sucks for them. They had the best argument any G5 will ever have, and got snubbed. So basically you are saying no g5 will ever get invited to the CFP. I don't know how I like that.
    UCF does have a claim now. I think the problem is that beating up on other G5 conference teams is never going to earn you much respect. Yeah they beat ranked South Florida and Memphis but those games will never earn you near the same respect that beating a ranked Power 5 conference team will.

Team like UCF suffer from the too many times G5 teams have been fools gold. As a Georgia fan, the Sugar Bowl against Hawaii comes to mind. Hawaii was much like UCF this year. They were putting up huge offensive numbers, had a hot shot QB, and were undefeated. They came into the Sugar Bowl and got embarrassed.

UCF is legitimately one of the best teams in the nation this year. They just suffered from the reluctance of the decision makers from putting too much stock in a team from a non-Power 5 conference.

There are two ways for a team like UCF to overcome this. The first would be to join a Power 5 Conference. However, they'd have to wait until one of them is willing to take UCF on. That might not be for a while.

The other option is to schedule some tough out of conference games. They had games scheduled against Maryland and Georgia Tech (the game against Tech got cancelled) but they need to aim higher. Beat a strong out of conference opponent or two and they'd get much more respect. The problem here is that a lot of the top schools wont schedule a team like UCF. There's not much in it for them. If you beat UCF then people will discount the win saying UCF is an overrated school from a weak conference. There's nothing to gain.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    UCF does have a claim now. I think the problem is that beating up on other G5 conference teams is never going to earn you much respect. Yeah they beat ranked South Florida and Memphis but those games will never earn you near the same respect that beating a ranked Power 5 conference team will.

Team like UCF suffer from the too many times G5 teams have been fools gold. As a Georgia fan, the Sugar Bowl against Hawaii comes to mind. Hawaii was much like UCF this year. They were putting up huge offensive numbers, had a hot shot QB, and were undefeated. They came into the Sugar Bowl and got embarrassed.

UCF is legitimately one of the best teams in the nation this year. They just suffered from the reluctance of the decision makers from putting too much stock in a team from a non-Power 5 conference.

There are two ways for a team like UCF to overcome this. The first would be to join a Power 5 Conference. However, they'd have to wait until one of them is willing to take UCF on. That might not be for a while.

The other option is to schedule some tough out of conference games. They had games scheduled against Maryland and Georgia Tech (the game against Tech got cancelled) but they need to aim higher. Beat a strong out of conference opponent or two and they'd get much more respect. The problem here is that a lot of the top schools wont schedule a team like UCF. There's not much in it for them. If you beat UCF then people will discount the win saying UCF is an overrated school from a weak conference. There's nothing to gain.
    Im not in a position to hold it against players that the schedule their administration made 6-8 years ago wasn't sufficient. And you touch on the fact they will have a hard time scheduling for the next 2-3 years after a season like that.
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,041 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    Im not in a position to hold it against players that the schedule their administration made 6-8 years ago wasn't sufficient. And you touch on the fact they will have a hard time scheduling for the next 2-3 years after a season like that.
    It's not really holding it against the players. If UCF makes it to the playoffs with an inferior resume then you're being unfair to a group of kids at another school who have proven more.

Whenever you're drawing a cutoff line you're going to have people who have a good argument to be included and who don't make the cut. UCF was one of those teams this year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,041 Posts
    So UCF has decided to claim they are the national champions. They're going to raise a championship banner in their stadium, pay their coaches national championship bonuses, and have a parade.

I'm sorry UCF, you're a very good team and had a very good season but you didn't have the resume to get into the playoffs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,775 Posts
    So UCF has decided to claim they are the national champions. They're going to raise a championship banner in their stadium, pay their coaches national championship bonuses, and have a parade.

I'm sorry UCF, you're a very good team and had a very good season but you didn't have the resume to get into the playoffs.
    I can claim I was once married to Carrie Underwood, but that still wouldn’t make it true.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,975 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonCowboy View Post
    I can claim I was once married to Carrie Underwood, but that still wouldn’t make it true.
    I don't think a Bama fan has any room to tease someone about claiming national titles...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,775 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    I don't think a Bama fan has any room to tease someone about claiming national titles...
    I’ll pick on them if I want to

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts

Neither did Alabama.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NinersSBChamps For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (01-08-2018), Krgrecw (01-06-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,041 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonCowboy View Post
    Post of the year!

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NinersSBChamps View Post
    Neither did Alabama.
    One team (Auburn) beat both teams playing in the National Championship. Any guesses on what team beat Auburn?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,041 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    One team (Auburn) beat both teams playing in the National Championship. Any guesses on what team beat Auburn?
    Auburn beat both UGA and Bama in Auburn. Auburn at home and Auburn at a neutral site are two different teams. No way UCF beats the Auburn team that showed up against UGA or Bama.

Besides, in football, if team A beats team B and team B beats team C, there's no guarantee team A is better than team C.

UCF's regular season schedule was weak and they had no signature win. They shouldn't be rewarded for that with a chance at the title.

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,003 Posts
    LSU beat Auburn and Troy beat LSU. Maybe Troy should lay claim to the title. And the teams they lost to should as well.

Since that's the game we're playing.

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    Clemson, right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    Border War!

Who ya got?

Spread is bama - 3.5 or 4.
    Ivermectin Man