Page 203 of 227 FirstFirst ... 103153193201202203204205213 ... LastLast
Results 4,041 to 4,060 of 4526

Thread: College Football Thread

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    Gotta say, I'm pretty proud of USM after last night's game with Auburn. We lost, but we gave Auburn all they could handle. I think USM has a good shot of winning C-USA this year.

Outskirts Of Mobile, Alabama. Roll Tide!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,774 Posts
    Bama kinda meh today. Defense has to be better
    Chopping With The Braves And Rolling With The Tide

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonCowboy View Post
    Bama kinda meh today. Defense has to be better
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure my sooners could benefit from that advice as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    After Tennessee plays Bama they will have possibly faced 5 teams ranked in the top 15 in their first 7 games. I wonder if that's ever happened before.
    thank you weso1!

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    After Tennessee plays Bama they will have possibly faced 5 teams ranked in the top 15 in their first 7 games. I wonder if that's ever happened before.

Next year South Carolina plays Alabama, Georgia and Clemson. That’s three out of the top four

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,774 Posts
    Alright, I’m concerned now

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    What a wild week in college football.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonCowboy View Post
    Alright, I’m concerned now
    About?
    Ivermectin Man

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Tapate50 For This Useful Post:

NinersSBChamps (10-14-2018)

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    Crazy week indeed. Georgia getting spanked by LSU. Notre Dame surviving against a very bad PITT team. West Virginia losing to the Cyclones in Ames, Iowa. Oregon could be the only chance the PAC 12 has and I can’t see how the Big 12 makes it in either. Texas has one loss, but it was a bad loss. Michigan is knocking on the door, but haven’t beaten a team with a much more than a pulse yet. Wisconsin is bad and has no wide receivers or QB.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,975 Posts
    No one beating Bama this year anyways, unless LSU plays outta their mind or Tua gets hurt (even then they have Hurts to fall back on).

Even OSU and Clemson have looked very beatable so far. I mean I know Bama has only played A&M who could be considered a legit good team, but still. Even OSU and Clemson have played poorly vs bad teams this year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,040 Posts
    Georgia fell flat on their face Saturday. I'd been concerned about this team all year. They never have really played like a top 5 team. In every game there's been stuff that's been really out of sync. It all came crashing down Saturday.

The thing that has me worried the most is Jake Fromm. Fromm was money all year last year but just hasn't been the same QB this season. You can point to his completion percentage all you want but if Georgia has demonstrated anything with the likes of Hutson Mason and Greyson Lambert, it's that completion percentage doesn't tell you much. Fromm's numbers have been propped up by him frequently checking down. Fromm has in reality been quite shaky all year.

Saturday was as bad a performance as I've seen from a Georgia QB since the ill fated Faton Bauta start against Florida. Fromm wasn't just missing his targets. He was missing consistently by enormous amounts. He underthrew one not terribly difficult throw by probably 10 yards. He was so bad that I've been half expecting to hear that he was fighting a sore shoulder or numbness in his hand or something. But that wouldn't explain why he was screwing up his reads. He missed a Georgia receiver wide open in the endzone and instead chose to throw into tight coverage at one point.

Fromm was so bad that I was pleading for Smart to put in Fields. It was clear that Fromm had nothing and was not going to be able to win that game. Fields probably wouldn't have won it but at least he had a chance. Fromm didn't. If nothing else Fields would have disrupted the LSU game plan and given them a dual threat QB to worry about. Instead when Fields game in it was only to run the wildcat. LSU quickly figured that out and made it completely ineffective.

Smart had the Georgia team running really well last year. It's been the opposite this year. He hasn't been able to get half what this team is capable of out of them this year. He compounded that with some absolutely asinine decisions Saturday.

It was a shame because if Georgia had actually showed up and the coaching staff had removed their heads from their rectums it would have been a good game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    Georgia fell flat on their face Saturday. I'd been concerned about this team all year. They never have really played like a top 5 team. In every game there's been stuff that's been really out of sync. It all came crashing down Saturday.

The thing that has me worried the most is Jake Fromm. Fromm was money all year last year but just hasn't been the same QB this season. You can point to his completion percentage all you want but if Georgia has demonstrated anything with the likes of Hutson Mason and Greyson Lambert, it's that completion percentage doesn't tell you much. Fromm's numbers have been propped up by him frequently checking down. Fromm has in reality been quite shaky all year.

Saturday was as bad a performance as I've seen from a Georgia QB since the ill fated Faton Bauta start against Florida. Fromm wasn't just missing his targets. He was missing consistently by enormous amounts. He underthrew one not terribly difficult throw by probably 10 yards. He was so bad that I've been half expecting to hear that he was fighting a sore shoulder or numbness in his hand or something. But that wouldn't explain why he was screwing up his reads. He missed a Georgia receiver wide open in the endzone and instead chose to throw into tight coverage at one point.

Fromm was so bad that I was pleading for Smart to put in Fields. It was clear that Fromm had nothing and was not going to be able to win that game. Fields probably wouldn't have won it but at least he had a chance. Fromm didn't. If nothing else Fields would have disrupted the LSU game plan and given them a dual threat QB to worry about. Instead when Fields game in it was only to run the wildcat. LSU quickly figured that out and made it completely ineffective.

Smart had the Georgia team running really well last year. It's been the opposite this year. He hasn't been able to get half what this team is capable of out of them this year. He compounded that with some absolutely asinine decisions Saturday.

It was a shame because if Georgia had actually showed up and the coaching staff had removed their heads from their rectums it would have been a good game.
    I have some reservations about Smart. I think his resume and his enthusiasm have allowed him to get Alabama level talent, but I haven't seen anything to make me believe the coaching will ever be in the same league as Alabama. I know everyone likes to talk about the talent advantage Saban has, and it's true, but no one is better at putting players in a position to succeed than he is.
    Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,040 Posts
    Fromm tweeted something a few days ago (before LSU) about how some storms in life clear the way for better things. I really wonder if he's dealing with off the field stuff. He's not been the same QB this year.

Fromm's off year really causes a lot of issues. He's not been able to be consistently dangerous enough to keep opposing defenses from zeroing in on the run game. His struggles have led to a lot of short possessions making the defense have to spend longer on the field (we've seen the defense wear down in the 4th quarter a couple times this year).

If we can't get better QB play, LSU wont be the last loss.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,975 Posts
    UGA OL has not been playing well either. Running game is nowhere near as dominant as last year. UGA lost a ton of talent to the NFL so some regression is to be expected. They aren't on Bama's level yet, least as far as year by year dominance (I mean only Clemson and OSU are on that level right now). But if they keep having top 3 recruiting classes, they'll be up there soon.

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    Georgia isn’t out of it by any means. We all know the bias for the SEC that exists.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NinersSBChamps View Post
    Georgia isn’t out of it by any means. We all know the bias for the SEC that exists.
    As much of a non-SEC guy I am, what other conferences have proven they can consistently hang with the best of the SEC? ACC had a nice little run with FSU and Clemson.
    Forever Fredi

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Dabos run at Clemson isn’t over.

The top of the big ten could compete with the top of the SEC

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Rump View Post
    As much of a non-SEC guy I am, what other conferences have proven they can consistently hang with the best of the SEC? ACC had a nice little run with FSU and Clemson.
    Well it’s hard to say because the SEC for the most part ducks marquee out of conference games as much as possible. Damn sure won’t be seeing any home and homes scheduled either. I am not disputing the fact that the SEC has on top, but that’s only because of Alabama. No other conference gets the benefit of the doubt like they do. When a ranked team loses to a non ranked team the result is the winner vaulting up the rankings and the loser falling back a little. Somehow Kentucky is a top 15 school haha. It’s a joke. Currently it doesn’t appear there are many great teams. Alabama is above everyone else. Clemson has been to the top mountain, but they seem vulnerable right now. Ohio State has been there for awhile now too. Talent wise they are right there with Alabama. The PAC 12 has been down and looks to be again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,040 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NinersSBChamps View Post
    Well it’s hard to say because the SEC for the most part ducks marquee out of conference games as much as possible. Damn sure won’t be seeing any home and homes scheduled either. I am not disputing the fact that the SEC has on top, but that’s only because of Alabama. No other conference gets the benefit of the doubt like they do. When a ranked team loses to a non ranked team the result is the winner vaulting up the rankings and the loser falling back a little. Somehow Kentucky is a top 15 school haha. It’s a joke. Currently it doesn’t appear there are many great teams. Alabama is above everyone else. Clemson has been to the top mountain, but they seem vulnerable right now. Ohio State has been there for awhile now too. Talent wise they are right there with Alabama. The PAC 12 has been down and looks to be again.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidch...straight-year/

This is why the SEC gets the benefit of the doubt. The athleticism is at a different level. It's also why some SEC schools tend to avoid tough out of conference matchups. In conference is grueling enough.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,774 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    About?
    I actually posted this when Tua was shaken up a bit. Seems like he’ll be fine though