Page 215 of 227 FirstFirst ... 115165205213214215216217225 ... LastLast
Results 4,281 to 4,300 of 4526

Thread: College Football Thread

Outskirts Of Mobile, Alabama. Roll Tide!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,775 Posts
    Bill O'Brien is now Alabama's OC and quarterback coach and Doug Marrone is the new O-Line coach. Two new entries into the Nick Saban Coaching Rehab Program
    Chopping With The Braves And Rolling With The Tide

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,975 Posts
    Josh Heupel. Not bad considering the circumstances. Should be some fun offenses to watch at the very least.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Go Rebels.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,041 Posts
    Georgia looks as good as I've ever seen them. That defense is just scary. Right now Alabama and Georgia are far and away the best teams in the country. Ole Miss and Arkansas are very good teams and Bama and Georgia manhandled them.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,975 Posts
    Ole Miss and Arky are imposters. Not saying they are bad teams, but they have beat mostly bad teams to get their high rankings.

. Texas A&M was supposed to be Arky's signature win, but they just lost to MS State. Ole Miss has beaten literally no one of note. I'm sure they have a good offense, but they were never a top 10 caliber team.

I'm quite sure UGA and Bama are great like usual. But let's pump the brakes on them putting beat downs on top ranked teams. The teams they are beating simply don't seem to be as good as their rankings.

Having said that, no one else seems to be very good this year. So while I don't think Bama and UGA are amazing teams compared to year's past, no one else seems like they're even close at the moment. ND just got beat by Cincy. Oregon got beat by Stanford. USC sucks. Ohio State had looked better the last 3 weeks, but you got to consider the competition. UGA and Bama certainly seem like they are a step above everyone else in what seems like a fairly lackluster year across the board.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,041 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    Ole Miss and Arky are imposters. Not saying they are bad teams, but they have beat mostly bad teams to get their high rankings.

. Texas A&M was supposed to be Arky's signature win, but they just lost to MS State. Ole Miss has beaten literally no one of note. I'm sure they have a good offense, but they were never a top 10 caliber team.

I'm quite sure UGA and Bama are great like usual. But let's pump the brakes on them putting beat downs on top ranked teams. The teams they are beating simply don't seem to be as good as their rankings.

Having said that, no one else seems to be very good this year. So while I don't think Bama and UGA are amazing teams compared to year's past, no one else seems like they're even close at the moment. ND just got beat by Cincy. Oregon got beat by Stanford. USC sucks. Ohio State had looked better the last 3 weeks, but you got to consider the competition. UGA and Bama certainly seem like they are a step above everyone else in what seems like a fairly lackluster year across the board.
    This is largely fair. I agree there aren't a ton of terrific teams this year. I think you'll see more of a revolving door than usual in the top 10 this year as teams struggle with consistency.

I think that's definitely part of why Georgia and Bama look to have pulled away from the pack. The pack has fallen further behind.

I think Arkansas and Ole Miss are about what you'll see from teams at the fringes of the top 10 this year. They're not imposters as much as teams on the fringes of the top 10 this year aren't what teams there were a couple years ago.

Georgia is as good as I've ever seen them. They could have hung 100 on Vandy and they beat a good Arkansas team by 35 with a backup QB under center. Are they an unbeatable juggernaut like Bama has fielded at times? No, but they're still better than any team not named Bama.

It'll be interesting to see if any teams put it together and join the elite group or if Georgia or Bama stumble.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,975 Posts
    Florida isn't elite, but they should give you guys a game. They obviously gave Bama all they could handle.

LSU is an enigma. They have elite talent, but they keep underperforming to that talent.

A&M has zero offense this year.

Oklahoma is Oklahoma. Good enough to get in to the playoffs, but likely to get rolled by whoever they play.

I thought Oregon would make some noise, but now it looks like they have an uphill battle to make a playoff berth. Win out and they're likely in, but I have doubts they will do that.

Maybe Penn State?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    It’s Bama and UGA.

And just about no one else
    Ivermectin Man

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Great night. 3 winning fields in the last minute.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,041 Posts
    This was one of the best days of College Football I can remember. So many great matchups with so many great games.

And Bama goes down to Texas AM. Didn't see that coming. Bama isn't the juggernaut they normally are this year.

This means the Dawgs will be the number 1 team in the nation tomorrow.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    This was one of the best days of College Football I can remember. So many great matchups with so many great games.

And Bama goes down to Texas AM. Didn't see that coming. Bama isn't the juggernaut they normally are this year.

This means the Dawgs will be the number 1 team in the nation tomorrow.

Weird year, where every team looks beatable

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,314 Posts
    That was a terrible Saturday for us Horn fans.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,041 Posts
    Georgia handled Kentucky today. Would have held them to 7 but Kentucky called a timeout with 7 seconds left and down by 24 just to be able to score a meaningless, garbage time TD.

That's just a dumb coaching decision. Of your QB tears his ACL on that play then that's a bonehead move that haunts you the rest of your career.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Georgia handled Kentucky today. Would have held them to 7 but Kentucky called a timeout with 7 seconds left and down by 24 just to be able to score a meaningless, garbage time TD.

That's just a dumb coaching decision. Of your QB tears his ACL on that play then that's a bonehead move that haunts you the rest of your career.

Spread was 21.5. That Meaningless TD beat the spread. Stoops knew what he was doing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,041 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    Spread was 21.5. That Meaningless TD beat the spread. Stoops knew what he was doing.
    He absolutely did. He was winning money for boosters who like to bet on KY. That TD was meaningless to KYs season otherwise.

I have to get onto Kirby Smart as well. He left his defensive starters in long after the game was effectively over. It almost cost him after the blocked point after when Georgia could have lost a player for the first half against Fla for throwing a punch.

Someone needs to show these guys video of Tyrone Porto's garbage time injury.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,041 Posts
    Dan Mullen fired. As a Georgia fan I'm sad to see him go.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Dan Mullen fired. As a Georgia fan I'm sad to see him go.
    Mullen isn’t a bad coach. The number of coaches better than Mullen is a short list. Good luck Florida

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,041 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    Mullen isn’t a bad coach. The number of coaches better than Mullen is a short list. Good luck Florida
    Things had gone sideways for him at Florida. He lost the team and was hemorrhaging recruits. It was a death spiral at that point. I'd have loved to see Florida stick with him another year though.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Things had gone sideways for him at Florida. He lost the team and was hemorrhaging recruits. It was a death spiral at that point. I'd have loved to see Florida stick with him another year though.
    Nice write up in The Athletic about perspective coaches. You a member? I have some free 30 day passes. If you want one. Best sports journalism in my mind.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,975 Posts
    Something seems to have happened either during or after the UK game. Florida players didn't play with nearly the same fight they did when they played Bama and TN and it progressively got worse.

Mullen is a good coach, but things definitely got to a point where he couldn't turn it around and they had to move on. However, UF is insane if they think it's gonna be easy to find a better coach. You'd be hard pressed to find 15 better coaches in the nation over the last 10 years. It would be funny to see them end up having to take a shot on a coach like Todd Monken or Dave Clawson.
    Last edited by Carp; 11-26-2021 at 11:34 AM.