You and everyone else
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,052 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    You and everyone else
    I find the idea of shady things going on behind the scenes far more believable than an organization leaving the fate of its multi billion dollar product up to chance.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,294 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    I find the idea of shady things going on behind the scenes far more believable than an organization leaving the fate of its multi billion dollar product up to chance.
    I’m pretty sure you’ve accused every sports league of being fixed. Why do you even bother watching? It’s basically kayfabe if you think every game is decided by big money.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,052 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chop2chip View Post
    I’m pretty sure you’ve accused every sports league of being fixed. Why do you even bother watching? It’s basically kayfabe if you think every game is decided by big money.
    I think most are at least heavily manipulated. As to why I watch, boredom mostly.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    I think most are at least heavily manipulated. As to why I watch, boredom mostly.

Who are your four best teams in college football at this moment?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Texas UGA UM and Washington.
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,052 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    Who are your four best teams in college football at this moment?
    4 best? UGA, Michigan, Ohio State, Texas in no particular order.

But I think it's criminal that FSU got left out. I don't think they're one of the 4 best teams right now but I think they're one of 3 most deserving along with Washington and Michigan.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Between breaking up conferences with history over TV money, Bowls pulling the strings on the postseason, NIL, and open transfers.... CFB as we know it has been bludgeoned to death by the almighty dollar.

Our players will get poached up with zero capital coming back our way leaving our pants down along the way. It has 100% consolidated competitive teams to the top and insulated them from the bottom ones.

I hate it.
    Ivermectin Man

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Between breaking up conferences with history over TV money, Bowls pulling the strings on the postseason, NIL, and open transfers.... CFB as we know it has been bludgeoned to death by the almighty dollar.

Our players will get poached up with zero capital coming back our way leaving our pants down along the way. It has 100% consolidated competitive teams to the top and insulated them from the bottom ones.

I hate it.
    I’d hate to run a G5 program. As soon as you get a good player, he’ll be poached by the bigger schools with more money. It’ll hurt them long term in competitiveness

They should mandate all P5 schools play at least ten games against Other P5 programs. The G5 teams should have thier own playoff and champion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    I’d hate to run a G5 program. As soon as you get a good player, he’ll be poached by the bigger schools with more money. It’ll hurt them long term in competitiveness

They should mandate all P5 schools play at least ten games against Other P5 programs. The G5 teams should have thier own playoff and champion.
    So basically 1-aa or fcs
    Ivermectin Man

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts

I hate it.

Let's be honest. This changes nothing for the bottom teams aside from not having their best players staying for 3-4 years. And even when their star players leave, these teams will simply take the former 4* and 5* POwer 5 cast-offs who failed at the big school and they will churn out more all-conference players, who will again leave for another Power 5 program. Rinse and repeat.

What it does for the Power 5 schools is finally create some parity. Players were getting paid under the table before. Hell Tennessee paid UGA's starting RT a fat bag and he still chose UGA. The difference between now and before is that players actually have a way to gauge their market value. And the current big schools like Bama, UGA, OSU, etc are finding it harder and harder to pull the same elite recruits that they did 5 years ago. And the non elite schools like UK, now have a way to back fill holes to keep them competitive instead of hoping their 3/4 star redshirt freshman with barely any experience can play well enough to win 6-7 games a year until he's a senior.

And with larger conferences, you'll find it harder for teams like OSU, Bama, and UGA to win 11-12 games every single year like they have been.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Nah, it’s the wild Wild West.

No rules. Everyone in the portal every year. No cap on spending.

It’s nothing the same and won’t create parity or hasn’t yet. You think Georgia and Alabama won’t be there every year? Other than Texas and A&M, no one’s gonna come close.

Money has ruled over everything in all aspects. There’s no parity there
    Ivermectin Man

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    All teams should have a set limit on how many transfers they are allowed to take. Set it at 8. No more.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Nah, it’s the wild Wild West.

No rules. Everyone in the portal every year. No cap on spending.

It’s nothing the same and won’t create parity or hasn’t yet. You think Georgia and Alabama won’t be there every year? Other than Texas and A&M, no one’s gonna come close.

Money has ruled over everything in all aspects. There’s no parity there
    I don't. UGA no longer has to only beat UT or UGA to get a spot in the SECCG. Under the new alignment going forward, UT would have been in the SECCG game last year over Bama.

This year the Pac 12 nearly got 2 teams into the CFP, and those 2 teams are where they are because of transfers they got in the portal (specifically Nix and Penix).

Also, of course you can't have a cap on "spending." NIL deals are essentially endorsement deals. They are not salaries for performance and are not paid by the school.
    Last edited by Carp; 12-07-2023 at 11:09 AM.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    All teams should have a set limit on how many transfers they are allowed to take. Set it at 8. No more.
    I think it should be lower that. I would put the cap at 6, with the caveat that you can take as many players as you lose. So a situation where a coaching change takes place and 10-15 players enter the portal, you should be able to pull 10-15 players as replacements. You don't want kids left in the portal without a spot somewhere.

I also think players should not be able to transfer out without penalty until the end of their sophmore season. That would essentially tie players to schools for 2 years, or the player would have to sit out a year if he transferred before then. That would also reduce situations like Quinn Ewers who went the highest bidder as a recruit and then jumped ship 6 months later after he got paid about 100k or more.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    I think it should be lower that. I would put the cap at 6, with the caveat that you can take as many players as you lose. So a situation where a coaching change takes place and 10-15 players enter the portal, you should be able to pull 10-15 players as replacements. You don't want kids left in the portal without a spot somewhere.

I also think players should not be able to transfer out without penalty until the end of their sophmore season. That would essentially tie players to schools for 2 years, or the player would have to sit out a year if he transferred before then. That would also reduce situations like Quinn Ewers who went the highest bidder as a recruit and then jumped ship 6 months later after he got paid about 100k or more.

But you don’t want a Deion situation where he can come in, cut every player and take 60 transfers.

Speaking of Deion and Colorado, Colorado will
    Be absolutely horrible for a good decade after Deion leaves. The majority of the roster will transfer elsewhere as soon as Deion leaves, and Colorado won’t be left with enough sufficient players to be competitive. Years from now, we’ll look back and say Deion destroyed the program.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    But you don’t want a Deion situation where he can come in, cut every player and take 60 transfers.

Speaking of Deion and Colorado, Colorado will
    Be absolutely horrible for a good decade after Deion leaves. The majority of the roster will transfer elsewhere as soon as Deion leaves, and Colorado won’t be left with enough sufficient players to be competitive. Years from now, we’ll look back and say Deion destroyed the program.
    True.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Is Ole Miss really about to ascend to the top tier of football programs in the country??? They look set for a few years and with tons of momentum and publicity, both good and bad, but the what the portal giveth, the portal can take away.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    Is Ole Miss really about to ascend to the top tier of football programs in the country??? They look set for a few years and with tons of momentum and publicity, both good and bad, but the what the portal giveth, the portal can take away.
    Texas a&m tried to take a big step up they failed completely Ole Miss will do the same

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Money rules all. If you spend they will come. It’s the NFL without a cap.

But that said no, they likely will not
    Ivermectin Man