Thread: College Football Thread

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    No reason for Georgia not to be in the SEC title game.

Outskirts Of Mobile, Alabama. Roll Tide!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,813 Posts
    Can the SEC just send the top two teams from the West to the championship game?
    Chopping With The Braves And Rolling With The Tide

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,022 Posts
    Georgia found a way to get it done today despite some very poor throws from Mason. Gurley is the man, and Chubb is pretty damn good, too. We may be getting our two best receivers back next week, so hopefully that will allow us to make some more plays in the passing game.

Good fight from Tennessee; I knew it'd be close because they always play Georgia tough. That Hurd kid is the real deal.

Great job by Mizzou. And typical Carolina. Play their best against Georgia and underachieve against everyone else.

We're back in the driver's seat for now, but there's no way I see us winning the east without our secondary improving and Mason stepping things up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NinersSBChamps View Post
    I guess I never expected Tennessee fans to use moral victories.

I think this way because of nothing but respect for Tennessee's football program. I know schools go through lulls, but this one has gone on far too long. I know I am preaching to the choir when I say that.

I hope for your sake they are getting better and soon. It's good for college football if they are relevant.
    That's what happens when you hire two wrong coaches back to back. Almost as bad as the death penalty. Remember how long Bama was down before Saban brought them back. Not saying we're going to get to the point where Bama is, but I think Butch is getting us to the point where we'll compete for SEC championships. Just hope he doesn't go to Michigan. Don't think he's leave considering what he's brought in and what he's bringing in.
    thank you weso1!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonCowboy View Post
    Brutal QB play in the UT/UGA game
    Mason has a very weak arm, but give UT a break. That's our second team QB, who might not win the job next season. Worley is our starter and played well.
    thank you weso1!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonCowboy View Post
    Can the SEC just send the top two teams from the West to the championship game?
    UGA is as as good as any SEC West team. The problem is that the SEC East only has one team. Sure, their not perfect, but neither is any SEC West team.
    thank you weso1!

Playing the Waiting Game keithlaw's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    294 Posts
    Thank you Missouri.

Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    UGA is as as good as any SEC West team. The problem is that the SEC East only has one team. Sure, their not perfect, but neither is any SEC West team.
    UGA's secondary is still pretty bad and so is our QB. I haven't watched the West this year, but theres no way that at least one of Bama, LSU, Auburn, or A&M isn't better than us.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to keithlaw For This Useful Post:

bravesnumberone (09-28-2014)

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    Tons of huge games coming up this week. Time for the schools in Mississippi to show if they are for real. Both are playing at home. Still wondering how they are ranked where they are. Guess this weekend will show why they are or not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    My thoughts on Saturday:

The good:

3) Miami: Pretty much saved their season with a big win over Duke who I think many expected to win this one.

2) Mizzou: South Carolina is weak this year, so beating South Carolina isn't all that impressive. But what is impressive is that they did what Georgia couldn't. Suddenly Mizzou has positioned itself with a real chance to win the East.

1) UCLA: I didn't see this one coming. They've been struggling all year and finally broke out in a big way offensively. Now all of a sudden you have to put them back in the playoff discussion.

The Bad: Shoowee was there a lot of bad this week.

3) Kansas: Smart move hiring Weiss guys. He did a good job at Notre Dame. They are terrible.

2) Arizona St: Not sure what happened here, but they didn't even show up. Got trounced at home by a UCLA who struggle to beat Memphis. Is UCLA suddenly good or does Arizona St. not like playing defense.

1) Brady Hoke: Wow this was an easy one. Can't believe he hasn't been fired yet. Not only can he not get his team to compete against Minnesota, but he brought his QB back into a blow out after it looked like he had a concussion. Yikes. What is Michigan waiting on here?
    thank you weso1!

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Tons of huge games coming up this week. Time for the schools in Mississippi to show if they are for real. Both are playing at home. Still wondering how they are ranked where they are. Guess this weekend will show why they are or not.

I'm looking forward to the ND-Stanford game this weekend. If ND can control the Stanford game from the kickoff, That will make the ND-FSU game in a few weeks more interesting.

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    I'm looking forward to the ND-Stanford game this weekend. If ND can control the Stanford game from the kickoff, That will make the ND-FSU game in a few weeks more interesting.
    Irish still haven't been tested. Hard to gauge how good they are this point. That being said, they are arrogant pricks and I hate them.

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,022 Posts
    Yea several big games this week. I would call it the official arrival of college football season.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Irish still haven't been tested. Hard to gauge how good they are this point. That being said, they are arrogant pricks and I hate them.

Why the hate? They the Yankees of college football?

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    Why the hate? They the Yankees of college football?
    Spartans fan.

And they aren't the Yankees of college football because they don't win anything. They are a pompous bunch of people and have an elitist attitude. Not too mention they think they are too good to be placed in an actual conference.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Spartans fan.

And they aren't the Yankees of college football because they don't win anything. They are a pompous bunch of people and have an elitist attitude. Not too mention they think they are too good to be placed in an actual conference.

In regards to the conference thing, any team would take that offer of it was offered to them. the School will make more money thru tv and you wouldn't have to split any bowl winnings with the rest of the teams in a conference. You can play any team you want and you're not tied down by having to schedule certain schools. Conference or not, ND still plays quality opponents every year.

You can call them pompous and elitist all you want but you do have to admit that they hold thier players accountable unlike SEC schools and other big programs

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    This is probably the first yr in a pretty long while that I can't say there is a legit No. 1 team in the nation. Bama, FSU, Oregon, UCLA, and OK are all very good. But none of them have separated themselves. At least not yet.

OU has a legit top defense. So for that reason (and beating the 2013 Bama team), I'd put them as my No. 1 right now. Bama is obviously up there due to talent level and coaching, but I don't like their QB situation in a playoff format. I'd put Oregon 3rd on the list considering their dynamic offense and Heisman front runner Marcus Mariotta. The last playoff spot goes to FSU. They are the reigning Champs with the reigning Heisman winner. Despite his off field issues, he's such a dynamic player that can change any game.

Approaching Buddy Hernandez Territory BlackwaterPark's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    I would still put Bama up against anyone in the country and expect them to win. Saban and Bama are just too tough to beat unless you play perfect. Especially if you are playing them at home. I honestly feel the same way with aTm, I wouldn't bet against that offense against anyone in the country. Them and Bama will be a hell of a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    This is probably the first yr in a pretty long while that I can't say there is a legit No. 1 team in the nation. Bama, FSU, Oregon, UCLA, and OK are all very good. But none of them have separated themselves. At least not yet.

OU has a legit top defense. So for that reason (and beating the 2013 Bama team), I'd put them as my No. 1 right now. Bama is obviously up there due to talent level and coaching, but I don't like their QB situation in a playoff format. I'd put Oregon 3rd on the list considering their dynamic offense and Heisman front runner Marcus Mariotta. The last playoff spot goes to FSU. They are the reigning Champs with the reigning Heisman winner. Despite his off field issues, he's such a dynamic player that can change any game.

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    L
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackwaterPark View Post
    I would still put Bama up against anyone in the country and expect them to win. Saban and Bama are just too tough to beat unless you play perfect. Especially if you are playing them at home. I honestly feel the same way with aTm, I wouldn't bet against that offense against anyone in the country. Them and Bama will be a hell of a game.
    Sure AM has a solid offense, but they are gonna need to play some sort of defense sometime this season.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Yeah, A&M is good, but they haven't played a good balanced team yet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    L

Sure AM has a solid offense, but they are gonna need to play some sort of defense sometime this season.
    They haven't been that bad really. Allowed less than 30 points to two pretty good offensive teams. In this day and age that isn't bad.
    thank you weso1!