Page 59 of 227 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109159 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 4526

Thread: College Football Thread

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    He could have taken out a personal loan for as much money as he made off this stuff. And then paid it in full in exactly 7-8 months from now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesnumberone View Post
    Yes, and that's completely beside the point.

If you let some **** slide and not other ****, it eliminates your credibility.

When the university is allowed to make money off jerseys with his number, it eliminates the justification for such a stupid rule.

Like I said, just steal some crab or steal from some teammates. You will either be good, or you can go to another school.
    I believe that jersey and number are university property.

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,022 Posts
    And the university and NCAA profit off the players' economic activity. Do you honestly think people are going into that store and just randomly buying a No. 3 jersey? Please.

Just a whole bunch of wrong here.

If Gurley took the money, he's wrong.

The little broker bitch who did this in the spring and waited until now and is somehow is acting all moral now is wrong and deserves to lose his business.

Most of all, the NCAA is wrong for a stupid rule.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    And the university and NCAA profit off the players' economic activity. Do you honestly think people are going into that store and just randomly buying a No. 3 jersey? Please.

Just a whole bunch of wrong here.

If Gurley took the money, he's wrong.

The little broker bitch who did this in the spring and waited until now and is somehow is acting all moral now is wrong and deserves to lose his business.

Most of all, the NCAA is wrong for a stupid rule.
    No, but it isn't HIS jersey. They could run him out there in number 22 next game for all they care. I wouldn't say the rule is right, or the NCAA is right, but the rules have been that way for YEARS. He threw away the Heisman, a likely SEC CG appearance, and a historic season for 400 bucks. It isn't a new rule that was put in yesterday. He blatantly broke the oldest rule in the book. Boneheaded.

Ironically, will save him from being exposed to injury, and wear n tear in what likely would have been a major workhorse rest of the season. Probably won't affect his draft stock at all.
    Ivermectin Man

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Yes, and that's completely beside the point.

If you let some **** slide and not other ****, it eliminates your credibility.

When the university is allowed to make money off jerseys with his number, it eliminates the justification for such a stupid rule.

Like I said, just steal some crab or steal from some teammates. You will either be good, or you can go to another school.
    Lets not act like Gurley needs money. He's got clothing, housing, food, spending money, a 100k education, and probably whatever other money donors throw his way under the table.
    "Yes, I did think Aldrich was good UNTIL I SAW HIM PLAY. "- thethe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,022 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    No, but it isn't HIS jersey. They could run him out there in number 22 next game for all they care. I wouldn't say the rule is right, or the NCAA is right, but the rules have been that way for YEARS. He threw away the Heisman, a likely SEC CG appearance, and a historic season for 400 bucks. It isn't a new rule that was put in yesterday. He blatantly broke the oldest rule in the book. Boneheaded.

Ironically, will save him from being exposed to injury, and wear n tear in what likely would have been a major workhorse rest of the season. Probably won't affect his draft stock at all.
    And it should not be a rule. The best possible thing that could happen is all these damn sharks target about 50 players and get it on video and send it in. Eventually, it's going to have to be done away with. It's stupid.

Still not one shred of evidence presented of Gurley actually taking the money, though I'm sure he came clean about it. Of course, he's not like Johnny Football, so he'll get more than a one-half suspension. If it's the 400, probably 2-3 games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,022 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesfan View Post
    Lets not act like Gurley needs money. He's got clothing, housing, food, spending money, a 100k education, and probably whatever other money donors throw his way under the table.
    Lol, does the NCAA need the obscene amount of money it makes?

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    No. But at the same time no one is forcing you to watch the games, go to the games, or buy merchandise from the ncaa. How they choose to spend thier money is on them

Gurley was an idiot

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Lol, does the NCAA need the obscene amount of money it makes?
    Does Gurley need a 100k education, he will never use?

People love to make college players the victim. He knew the rules and ****ed up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,022 Posts
    Gurley was an idiot, but it's asinine to just accept stupid-ass rules. This will continue to happen, and the NCAA and institutions will continue to look hypocritical.

So what are the Heisman odds at today? Who's gonna make the most money off college athletes in Vegas?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Why is it asinine to accept the rules of an association you choose to be a part of? No one is forcing Todd Gurley to play football.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,022 Posts
    It's a stupid rule that's going to be around long after he's making money in the NFL.

There's no way in hell players shouldn't be allowed to make money off their own name. It's that damn simple.

To just keep saying, "well, it's against the rules, so live with it" is dumb and ignores the bigger issue. They need to be changed.

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    It's a stupid rule that's going to be around long after he's making money in the NFL.

There's no way in hell players shouldn't be allowed to make money off their own name. It's that damn simple.

To just keep saying, "well, it's against the rules, so live with it" is dumb and ignores the bigger issue. They need to be changed.
    Ok, it should be changed. (in your opinion)

He still broke the rules and is rightfully suspended.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,022 Posts
    Yes, he broke the rules. He should pay the consequences. But he and every other athlete have been exploited, and it's laughable that the NCAA would try to claim some kind of moral high ground with a rule like this.

How about actually supporting athletes and doing something about little dickheads like Brian Allen, who only report something when their bottom line is affected?

All that being said and moving on, Georgia's QB better be ready to play.

Oh, and Florida didn't take long to lift a suspension on its QB, just because a girl suddenly retracted a rape claim.

No need to investigate here. Move along.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Just a devastating blow for UGA. Their whole offense was built upon rotating their stable of running backs and having a fresh Todd Gurley in the 4th quarter to put teams away. And I think they have another talented back out as well. Now, it's just going to be a whole lot of Chubb. Their QB can't throw the ball down field, so expect defenses to stuff the box. Chubb is a talented back, but he's not the next Adrian Peterson like Gurley is. I imagine UGA will have a lot of trouble scoring now.

Still might win the east by default though.
    thank you weso1!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,022 Posts
    Having Mitchell back at WR will help some. I don't think we should stick with Mason if he struggles. Ramsey has a better arm and seemed to handle the offense fine this year when he's been in.

Chubb is going to be a beast, provided he doesn't commit the capital crime of signing some shoes, but I don't think a freshman is ready to put an entire team on his back. We have Michel out, and Marshall probably out, too. Not to mention our starting fullback hasn't played and will be out all year.

I wasn't really confident we'd win even with Gurley because I have zero faith in our secondary against Mauk. And if we lose, there's virtually no way we're winning the division.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Yes, he broke the rules. He should pay the consequences. But he and every other athlete have been exploited, and it's laughable that the NCAA would try to claim some kind of moral high ground with a rule like this.

How about actually supporting athletes and doing something about little dickheads like Brian Allen, who only report something when their bottom line is affected?

All that being said and moving on, Georgia's QB better be ready to play.

Oh, and Florida didn't take long to lift a suspension on its QB, just because a girl suddenly retracted a rape claim.

No need to investigate here. Move along.
    Oh come on now! We all know receiving cash for your own signature is much worse than rape.

If I were an UGA fan my biggest complaint would be why did UGA not pay off the sleazy memorabilia dealer, like UF likely paid off the girl who was allegedly raped?

UGA admin needs to get their crap together.
    thank you weso1!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to weso1 For This Useful Post:

keithlaw (10-10-2014)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts

Why is it a stupid rule? Is Todd Gurley not getting free education, free housing, free food, free media exposure, plus whatever other incentives we don't know about? And he's getting all this for playing a game.

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Poor Gurley, so exploited. I mean, how does he survive with free food, clothes, gym, housing, spending money + a 100k education? I mean, who can survive off of that?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,022 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    Oh come on now! We all know receiving cash for your own signature is much worse than rape.

If I were an UGA fan my biggest complaint would be why did UGA not pay off the sleazy memorabilia dealer, like UF likely paid off the girl who was allegedly raped?

UGA admin needs to get their crap together.
    We're too busy collecting our morality trophies. We don't have time to be doing something audacious as defending our players and lawyering up. Oh, well, losing him sucks. He was a great player and a great kid. Wish him the best in the NFL. We have to move on.