Results 4,161 to 4,180 of 4526

Thread: College Football Thread

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,975 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    Clemson secondary basically manned up and the DL played like they are able against a good front. Even missing some guys they had a good night. That big rangy safety was down helping out too. They lose a ton on the DL, but I'm sure they will reload there.
    Clemson basically guaranteed a playoff spot the next 2 years as long as Trevor Lawrence is healthy. Kid is without a doubt the best QB I've seen at the college level in a really, really long time. I mean Tebow, Cam, Manziel, etc were amazing college QBs, but you could tell they were obviously system QBs. Trevor Lawrence just puts the ball where he wants and can literally make all the throws on the field. And he's only 19.

And Justyn Ford is a manchild. It's just unfair how much offensive talent they have right now.

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    Clemson has a cake walk to the playoff for awhile. ACC is a joke.

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,837 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    Clemson basically guaranteed a playoff spot the next 2 years as long as Trevor Lawrence is healthy. Kid is without a doubt the best QB I've seen at the college level in a really, really long time. I mean Tebow, Cam, Manziel, etc were amazing college QBs, but you could tell they were obviously system QBs. Trevor Lawrence just puts the ball where he wants and can literally make all the throws on the field. And he's only 19.

And Justyn Ford is a manchild. It's just unfair how much offensive talent they have right now.
    Probably the best since Luck, imo.

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post
    Probably the best since Luck, imo.
    I would agree with that for sure. College QBs have been underwhelming for a few years, Lawrence looks and plays the part. I don’t remember Luck during his Freshman season. Looking at numbers there isn’t a lot to go off of, but Lawrence could possibly be better than a Senior Andrew Luck.

NL Rookie of the Year Acuña’s Bat Flip's Avatar
    Gaffney, South Carolina (Home of the Big Butt "Peach" on I-85)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    280 Posts
    Last edited by Acuña’s Bat Flip; 01-23-2019 at 12:37 AM.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzie's Chainz View Post
    Is he the one who went to that shady high school in Texas and no other teams would play them?

Outskirts Of Mobile, Alabama. Roll Tide!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,775 Posts
    All of you know I’m an Alabama fan and so, you know where I stand in the Iron Bowl rivalry. Tonight, however, is a night the rivalry means absolutely nothing. Auburn radio announcer Rod Bramblett and his wife Paula were killed in a traffic accident in Auburn. They leave behind two children. Say a prayer for the Bramblett and Auburn families tonight. Just unbelievably tragic.
    Chopping With The Braves And Rolling With The Tide

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    That was the sloppiest football game I’ve seen in a while. Franks is also a douche.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,040 Posts
    Justin Fields will win a Heisman at Oh St. I'm not sure Fromm was the right choice by Smart.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,975 Posts
    Vols looking really strong this year. I expect big things.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,975 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    Justin Fields will win a Heisman at Oh St. I'm not sure Fromm was the right choice by Smart.
    Fromm has led you guys to back to back playoffs. Also, no matter who OSU threw out there to start the last 2 games, they would have looked like a Heisman candidate.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,040 Posts
    Fromm has led you guys to back to back playoffs. Also, no matter who OSU threw out there to start the last 2 games, they would have looked like a Heisman candidate.
    I would say the run game and smothering defense has led us to one playoff and a loss in the SEC Championship.

Fromm is a very good QB. Probably top 10 in the nation. He excels in game management which is why the coaching staff chose him. However, he's not got anything close to Fields' dynamic play making ability.

You could say no matter who UGA threw out against Vandy and Murray State they should have looked like a Heisman candidate. However, Fromm just looked like his normal solid self.

Ultimately, I think if the coaching staff had been willing to be more creative and change the playbook a bit, they could have had a Cam Newton type of QB in Fields. Instead they decided to go with the QB who fit the system they want to run better.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,975 Posts
    I don't think Fields is nearly as good as you think he is. If he didn't have a 5* attached to his name, I doubt you'd care much about him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,040 Posts
    I don't think Fields is nearly as good as you think he is. If he didn't have a 5* attached to his name, I doubt you'd care much about him.
    Possibly. I know he's got some pretty fantastic tools. I saw that myself. I'm also not quite as high on Fromm as some. You see people projecting him as a first round QB. I don't know if he has the arm strength for that. He's also prone to some really terrible games (see LSU last year). I think he's an excellent QB, I just don't see him as one of the top 2 or 3 in the game.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Big game in Athens this Saturday night. Loser will probably be eliminated from the future playoffs assuming UGA doesn’t lose and beats ‘bama Later.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,040 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    Big game in Athens this Saturday night. Loser will probably be eliminated from the future playoffs assuming UGA doesn’t lose and beats ‘bama Later.
    Yeah, if UGA loses and then wins out, it still goes to the playoffs. But this is win or elimination for Notre Dame. After this game, Notre Dame plays 2 teams that are currently ranked the rest of the way (Michigan and Virginia), neither are in the top 10. Georgia has 3 ranked opponents in its schedule after Notre Dame, two are in the top 10 (Florida and Auburn). Then, if Georgia wins out, they play in the SEC title game against another elite opponent.

So if Notre Dame loses, they'll be knocked for losing against perhaps the only elite opponent they play. If Georgia loses, they still can redeem themselves.

This worries me as a Georgia fan. I think Georgia has less on the line tonight. Combine that with the fact that Georgia hasn't exactly looked as incredible as they should and I'm concerned.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    Yeah, if UGA loses and then wins out, it still goes to the playoffs. But this is win or elimination for Notre Dame. After this game, Notre Dame plays 2 teams that are currently ranked the rest of the way (Michigan and Virginia), neither are in the top 10. Georgia has 3 ranked opponents in its schedule after Notre Dame, two are in the top 10 (Florida and Auburn). Then, if Georgia wins out, they play in the SEC title game against another elite opponent.

So if Notre Dame loses, they'll be knocked for losing against perhaps the only elite opponent they play. If Georgia loses, they still can redeem themselves.

This worries me as a Georgia fan. I think Georgia has less on the line tonight. Combine that with the fact that Georgia hasn't exactly looked as incredible as they should and I'm concerned.
    UGA is better at every position. I’m a die hard Nd fan, this will with be close like last time or a total Georgia domination.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,040 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    UGA is better at every position. I’m a die hard Nd fan, this will with be close like last time or a total Georgia domination.
    UGA has one of the best groups of running backs in the nation and Notre Dame is not great at stopping the run so that's something in our favor. I'm worried about two things. First, I'm concerned about Notre Dame picking on Georgia's secondary. Our only DB that matches up well with that monster WR of yours is hurt.

That leads me to the second concern. If Notre Dame can hit some big plays and score some quick points it will put a lot of pressure on Georgia to go to the air. Fromm does well throwing off the back of a grinding run game but isn't exactly a QB you rely on to run up the score.

If Georgia abandons the run game, they will lose.

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    Barring anything crazy happening it appears the Pac 12 is already out of the CFP discussion. Their best chance was Utah and they went down last night against a USC squad on their second or third QB. Clemson is an absolute lock having already beaten the only team on their schedule with a pulse.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NinersSBChamps View Post
    Barring anything crazy happening it appears the Pac 12 is already out of the CFP discussion. Their best chance was Utah and they went down last night against a USC squad on their second or third QB. Clemson is an absolute lock having already beaten the only team on their schedule with a pulse.
    ****. USC is actually on thier fourth Qb.

Man wtf happened to Harbaugh. That was embarrassing for Michigan