Thread: 10/5 GDT | Anibal "Dirty" Sanchez VS Clayton Kersh*t | Braves @ Dodgers 7:37 on FS1

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Approaching Buddy Hernandez Territory Mrs. Meta's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

10/5 GDT | Anibal "Dirty" Sanchez VS Clayton Kersh*t | Braves @ Dodgers 7:37 on FS1

Game one was...hard to watch, if not somewhat predictable. Certainly won't get any style points for howwe lost, either.

And tonight, we face a probable HoF pitcher, coupled with that unrelenting lineup.

Here's the thing though; I just don't care.

We weren't even supposed to be here. And on top of that, we drew the strongest NL team for our first-round series. Why not.

The Dodgers print money, the Dodgers have more talent, the Dodgers are on a mission.

...and I just don't give a ****.

Not gonna lie, age (among other things) may have tempered the degree(s) of grief that I used to feel with each playoff loss. What hasn't gone away though, is my passion to spit in the face of our sordid playoff history as a franchise.

This is our team, and I know we're not done yet. We can lose to anybody, but damn, we can beat anybody--even the Dodgers.

Will we need to play at our best time and again just to have a chance? You know it. Will we need to severely buck our record against teams over .500? You bet your ass.

And all of this, in a five-game series, where it seems like you're never truly safe or out.

My head tells me to continue enjoying this ride while it lasts; get the kids experience while building on this.

But my heart's not so rational. It beats for the Braves in any circumstance, and always will. 'Till the last out, 'till my last out.

One pitch at a time. One at-bat at a time.

Tell me we got this.

Dodgers

Pederson LF
    Turner 3B
    Muncy 1B
    Machado SS
    Puig RF
    Bellinger CF
    Hernández 2B
    Grandal C
    Kershaw P
    Last edited by Mrs. Meta; 10-05-2018 at 05:18 PM.
    "Water seeks its own level, and that will be the case with Francoeur." ~50PoundHead

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mrs. Meta For This Useful Post:

buck75 (10-05-2018), gamecock4braves (10-05-2018), jpx7 (10-05-2018), nsacpi (10-05-2018), UNCBlue012 (10-05-2018)